Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:26 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Would it mean that there must not be 15 RA at the same time
I've made a booking for May and was firmly told that the upgrade for an RA would be to a junior suite no matter what rate was booked. I have booked a club king and will apparently get a club junior suite.

The price structure for the hotel is unusual and reflects the small number of real suites. There is a hospitality suite slightly above the junior suite price than a huge jump to a king 1 bedroom suite. I suspect that RAs will only get those top price suites if the hotel has no junior suites available or they book one. I await the first report of a success!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 1:39 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Anything this new IC in SF offers can only be better than what was offered to RAs at the MH. Very disappointed to the upgrade that was given to RAs. A room with a fax machine....aka business room.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
We'll be there Apr 11 - 14. Any reports prior to that would be appreciated!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Glad to hear that at least they are upgrading RAs to junior suites. For some reason, I seem to recall that it is the same management that runs the Mark Hopkins, and was worried that the same [non] upgrade policy will apply.

I am only 15 minutes away, and will see if I can convince my wife to use one of the BOGO certs soon after their grand opening.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 7:37 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Same management

I was booked for the planned opening on Feb 1-2, but during a stay at the Mark in January, they pulled me aside to tell me it wouldn't be ready. I came to understand that the same people are running both places.

I plan to stay (BOGO) when my next RA qualifying period starts in May. Look forward to hearing some reports before then.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
I'm interested in both IC's in San Francisco for my upcoming holiday in Sept.
But the week I'm interested in (w/c 22/9/08) there is no availability in both
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
My understanding is there is a different management team at the new IC. At least the GM is different.

IHG has quite a bit of "cross pollination" among employees so you may see some of your old favorite employees at the new IC. I know of several who were planning to make the move...

Originally Posted by aku
I was booked for the planned opening on Feb 1-2, but during a stay at the Mark in January, they pulled me aside to tell me it wouldn't be ready. I came to understand that the same people are running both places.

I plan to stay (BOGO) when my next RA qualifying period starts in May. Look forward to hearing some reports before then.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: .... lover , sorority girls
My bogo expires feb 29th can I use it on friday checkin?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by club22
My bogo expires feb 29th can I use it on friday checkin?
That's a tough one. I'd say no since the 29th is the Friday and the BOGO would be applied to the Saturday which is the 1st, but it would be at the discretion of the hotel so a call or email might be appropriate to confirm.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: .... lover , sorority girls
Maybe I can start on thurs perhaps?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 3:30 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
No go - the cert is only good if you stay at least two (consecutive) of the following: Friday, Saturday, Sunday - with the 2nd night free. (This is not in the Muslim world, so Thursday is not debatable.)
Old Feb 25, 2008, 3:26 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Camino1
Hopefully we'll at least be granted Club access.
When I asked about this last August, I was told that Club access would NOT be granted unless you pay for a club room. Otherwise, there will be a fee, which they had not determined as of August. I sent another email today to get more details. I'll let everyone know what I find out.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:15 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
When I asked about this last August, I was told that Club access would NOT be granted unless you pay for a club room. Otherwise, there will be a fee, which they had not determined as of August. I sent another email today to get more details. I'll let everyone know what I find out.
Here's the response I received:

For your upcoming stay at the InterContinental San Francisco Hotel, we are giving you an automatic upgrade to one of our upper floor Junior Suite which is an oversized room with two walls of windows and a small sitting area and has a large bathroom with a full wall of windows.

Our hotel is not giving automatic Club Lounge access but for a small daily fee of $80.00 per day, you can have Club Lounge access for two. Please let me know if you have any other questions on this and enjoy your stay!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:58 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Thanks fsa_ea. In response to a similar question from me I was told a couple of weeks ago that the usual upgrade for an RA would be to a junior suite and the only way to be upgraded to a room with club access was to already be booked in a club access room. So, I'm booked in a Club King and expect to end up with a Club junior suite.

For the dates I looked at, the different between a standard king and a club king generally seems to be $100 on best flexible rate and, not suprisingly, around $90 on advance purchase. So, if someone wanted club access it might be marginally cheaper to buy it for $80 on the day. I won't change my booking however as I intend to use a bogo for the second night and want club access for both.

Last edited by turtlemichael; Feb 25, 2008 at 8:03 pm
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:00 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Here's the response I received:

For your upcoming stay at the InterContinental San Francisco Hotel, we are giving you an automatic upgrade to one of our upper floor Junior Suite which is an oversized room with two walls of windows and a small sitting area and has a large bathroom with a full wall of windows.

Our hotel is not giving automatic Club Lounge access but for a small daily fee of $80.00 per day, you can have Club Lounge access for two. Please let me know if you have any other questions on this and enjoy your stay!
Can't complain about a junior suite. It's better than the "business room," at the IC MH. I don't think there's any hotel that's worst than the MH regarding upgrades.....wait, there is one. The IC GS in Hong Kong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.