Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Thanks for the info! I assume you booked it online?

Maybe they just only have a very limited number of rooms available at the beginning, because I can't imagine the hotel at full capacity is already booked?

What makes you say it will be jammed-tight?
I booked online weeks, maybe months ago. I am guessing jammed-tight if there are no vacancies.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, interesting! Out of curiosity, did you book at the hotel for that date because it would be the grand opening or do you have something else that you need to do there? FWIW I was going to stay at the new IC Tampa on the opening night, but they specifically warned me that they only had standard rooms available and the suites would only be ready a month later, so I decided not to go. Hope it's different for you!
Old Nov 3, 2007, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Ah, interesting! Out of curiosity, did you book at the hotel for that date because it would be the grand opening or do you have something else that you need to do there? FWIW I was going to stay at the new IC Tampa on the opening night, but they specifically warned me that they only had standard rooms available and the suites would only be ready a month later, so I decided not to go. Hope it's different for you!
In 2006 we flew up for a couple of days on Super Bowl Sunday (Mark Hopkins) and arrived after the first quarter to watch the game. The plane was nearly empty and the airports were too, which is a drawing card.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:24 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
I picked the date because it's the grand opening, it's an easy drive from home, I have a BOGOF cert that expires in February, and the additional property will help with RA re-qualification. Even if they have suites, I doubt that I'll be upgraded, because the place looks to be sold out. I'll settle for the Club access this time around.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Are you sure that your reservations for the first weekend of February will be honored?

The InterContinental San Francisco Hotel is now accepting reservations for arrivals after February 27, 2008.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
Are you sure that your reservations for the first weekend of February will be honored?

The InterContinental San Francisco Hotel is now accepting reservations for arrivals after February 27, 2008.
Good question. All I know is it still appears for me under "current reservations."
Old Nov 24, 2007, 3:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
From contacting a couple of new properties recently, it seems as if IHG don't allow web bookings for 4 weeks beyond the anticipated opening in case there are any delays. Once the property opens (which may be before the date quoted on the web) and IHG are happy with the hotel, web booking becomes possible. So you may be OK.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 1:08 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Talking just kidding

Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Brand new construction! Reminds me of IC Boston, with lots of glass. Should be nice.

I was looking to book a room for Valentine's Day, and the rates appeared quite reasonable, until I noticed this:

TAX: 14% PER NIGHT NOT INCLUDED IN RATE EFFECTIVE 14 FEBRUARY, 2008 THRU 15 FEBRUARY, 2008
SERVICE CHARGE: 20% PER NIGHT NOT INCLUDED IN RATE EFFECTIVE 14 FEBRUARY, 2008 THRU 15 FEBRUARY, 2008
EXCLUDES GRATUITY

Wow! I suspect they will be receiving lots of complaints on this one. I've never seen a US hotel that added such charges.
They were going to copy the airlines and call it a fuel surcharge but changed their minds after they saw all the past hospitality lawsuits for energy surcharges in the past They thought this surcharge would be better recieved
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
E-Mail contact?

Can somebody please provide me with the e-mail of the new IC SF.

I sent a few mails concerning some details for a planned stay during the last week using [email protected] but did not get an answer.

Did somebody already contact them to ask about their RA benefits / upgrade policies?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 1:17 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Originally Posted by holtju2

Hmm. The ICSF web site still says Feb 1, but it doesn't have any rooms available to reserve until 2/28. I called their 888 number to ask if my 2/1 reservation is still good, and they weren't too definite: "Assume it's good for now . . . . opening dates can change . . . . sometimes we make some rooms available a few weeks before the official grand opening . . . . we have another property in San Francisco . . . . "

So, I'm not getting a confident feeling about my reservation. I could book a weekend in March--but the BOGOF cert expires in February....
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Unhappy New IC San Francisco Upgrade Policy

Finally received an answer from the IC SF regarding some questions and their Upgrade-Policy:

Dear Mr. LAU,

....I am also responding to your request of the type of room upgrade policy of Royal Ambassadors during you stay with us.

Your status allows you a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Room or to a suite when booking a standard room. For our hotel specifically, that would include room designated as 1 King Bed Executive or a King Executive Suite.

When booking a Club Room, the upgrade would be to either of the 2 suites mentioned above, but with all the Club Room amenities included, which would be in addition to all the Royal Ambassadors amenities and advantages.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions or if you would like me to handle the reservations for you,

Sincerely,
INTERCONTINENTAL SAN FRANCISCO
Fady Komery, Director of Revenue
- Pre Opening Office –
999 California Street | San Francisco | CA | 94108
So no upgrade to a real suite for RAs!!!!

Description of those "suites" from PC reservations:

1 KING BED EXECUTIVE
400 SQ FT CORNER ROOMS WITH CITY AND BAY VIEWS HIGH SPEED WIRED AND WIFI INTERNET DIGITAL TV WITH HBO VIDEO GAMES 2 WALLS OF FLR TO CEILING WINDOWS 2 PHONE LINES DATAPORT VOICEMAIL SAFE MOVIES IPOD DOCKING STN CLOCK RADIO MINIBAR INDIVIDUAL CLIMATE CTRL BATHROBES COFFEE STN IRON AND BOARD

KING EXECUTIVE SUITE
450 SQ FT CORNER ROOMS WITH CITY AND BAY VIEWS HIGH SPEED WIRED AND WIFI INTERNET DIGITAL TV HBO VIDEO GAMES EXTRA SEAT 2 WALLS OF FLR TO CEILING WINDOWS SEP SHOWER AND TUB 2 PHONE LINES DATAPORT VOICEMAIL SAFE MOVIES IPOD CLOCK RADIO INDIVIDUAL CLIMATE CTRL BATHROBES MINIBAR COFFEE STN
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received an email from the IC SF explaining that they will not be ready the 1st weekend of Feb. and offered to switch me to the Mark Hopkins.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:10 pm
aku

Originally Posted by Camino1
I received an email from the IC SF explaining that they will not be ready the 1st weekend of Feb. and offered to switch me to the Mark Hopkins.
I got a voice mail to call them, which I did this morning. Same information: my res is cancelled, and they suggested the MH. Latest projection is the hotel will be ready early March. Unfortunately, my BOGOF cert expires in February. I'm going to call CS and see if they'll give me an extension on the cert.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aku
I got a voice mail to call them, which I did this morning. Same information: my res is cancelled, and they suggested the MH. Latest projection is the hotel will be ready early March. Unfortunately, my BOGOF cert expires in February. I'm going to call CS and see if they'll give me an extension on the cert.
Did they offer to handle the MH change for you at your reserved rate?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really makes me wonder why they even announce exact dates for hotel's opening so far in advance. I don't remember the last time an IC opened on time, based on what I have read here, or at least more often than not they don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.