Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated/New Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EdV
Um, are you saying that you called PC to ask them to fix your MULTIPLE 10K promos? That's a big no-no as we've all pretty much established here is a bad idea. Hope this isn't this case; please do not call about the 10Ks!
(And EdV asked something similar.)

No, I didn't call about the 10Ks or mention them. (I realize and promote the fact that it shouldn't be done.)

To clarify, my stays stopped posting PERIOD. (The base points didn't post, the fact that I stayed there didn't post!) I just called to ask them to fix the posting of the stays, not anything about the 10k promos. They tried (multiple times), but couldn't get the stays to post at all. They issued me "adjustments" (their only recourse since they couldn't get the stays to post, even though they could "see" them as having been completed), but of course only for the normal points plus the main bonus at the time.

Then, as I said before, the moment the 10k promo period expired, all the automatic posting started working again (on both occasions). So it's clear that the 10k's were part of the problem. But like I also said before, the 10ks were posting automatically just fine until the stay on which one ADDITIONAL promo would have kicked in. So it apparently wasn't the 10k's ALONE that were the problem.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 2:32 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
(And EdV asked something similar.)

No, I didn't call about the 10Ks or mention them. (I realize and promote the fact that it shouldn't be done.)
sdsearch, looks like you're really onto something there with what happened to you, wonder if it happened to anyone else. @:-) Good to hear you weren't calling about the 10ks! ^
Old Sep 16, 2005, 8:52 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Then, as I said before, the moment the 10k promo period expired, all the automatic posting started working again (on both occasions). So it's clear that the 10k's were part of the problem. But like I also said before, the 10ks were posting automatically just fine until the stay on which one ADDITIONAL promo would have kicked in. So it apparently wasn't the 10k's ALONE that were the problem.
sdsearch, what "additional" promo do you think may have caused the problem?

It's common procedure for many if not most of the participants in this forum to sign up for multiple concurrent promotions. Sometimes these promos work together and sometimes they don't (as in the case of signing up for both miles and points in the Stay X promos). Not unlike the problems one can run into with installing software on one's PC, where two incompatible programs can cause the entire OS to come to a crashing halt.

The more we share information on what works together and what doesn't, the less cause there will be for someone to involve PC CS.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
sdsearch, what "additional" promo do you think may have caused the problem?
This happened to me on two separate rounds of 10k promos about a half a year apart (with a round of 10k promos in between that worked perfectly for me).

On the first round, before we knew that registering for the miles and the points versions both was a no-no, I did register for all of them, but they didn't line up exactly (ie, the miles promos were in some cases for a different number of stays). For example, they had something like (guessing from memory) a bonus 10k points for 5, 6, and 8 stays and a bonus miles for 7 and 8 stays. The stays for whichever were points-only (stays 5 and 6 in the above example) posted fine, the stays which were miles only (7 in the above example) posted fine (tho of course with no bonus since I was earning points), but when stay 8 hit (which had both a bonus points and a bonus miles associated with it), my account "crashed" (details of what I mean in my pervious posts) until the end of that 10k promo period.

The next 10k promo period I only registered for the 10ks plus whatever the "normal" promo was (double or 30000 or whatever).

The 10k promo period after that at first I was only registered for the 10ks plus whatever the "normal" promo was. But partway through I learned on FT about a 1000 point Visa online booking bonus, which if I recall correctly didn't need registration but needing booking through a specific web page. I cancelled a couple upcoming stays and rebooked through that website. As soon as the first stay that was booked through that web page should have posted, once again my account "crashed", and once again it recovered EXACTLY at the end of the 10k promo period.

Curiously, in that case the Visa 1000 point promos weren't supposed to even POST at the same time, but they were supposed to be ATTRIBUTED to the same post. So it wasn't the attempt to post apparently that caused the problem, just the attribution. (In fact, all those Visa 1000 point bonuses DID EVENTUALLY show up in my account, a couple months later, but nothing else about the stays ever posted, it was only "adjusted" manually.)
Old Sep 18, 2005, 6:20 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
I know this is little stuff, but nevertheless here's a nice little promo with PC and Diner's Club. 1000 PC points with every online booking between Sept 12 and Dec 16.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...inersclub.html

Terms and Conditions:
Must be a Priority Club Rewards member and enter Priority Club member number at time of online reservation to participate in this promotion and earn Bonus Priority Club points. If not a member, enrollment in Priority Club is free at www.priorityclub.com/dinersclub. To earn 1,000 bonus Priority Club points members must 1) logon via the landing page at www.priorityclub.com/dinersclub 2) book a stay online between September 12th – December 16, 2005 at priorityclub.com/dinersclub and 3) complete the qualified stay by December 16th 2005. 1,000 bonus Priority Club points will be awarded after completion of your stay. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. Stays prior to this online reservation are not eligible. A qualifying stay is a stay at a qualified rate, which includes most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Subject to standard Priority Club Rewards program terms and conditions.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Just saw an ad for this (a continuation?) in the National Geographic Traveler magazine (October 2005 issue).

"Get a $15 certificate from Amazon.com.

Simply book a Friday or Saturday night online at hiexpress.com/amazonpromo and stay between 9/30/2005 - 12/24/2005 and pay with your Visa card."

The T&C does state, though, that it is not valid with any other offer, discount, or promotion, so YPMV.

Originally Posted by mlp
Got this in an email today from bzzagent.

"Thirdly, Holiday Inn is running a promotion. Guests who book a Friday and /or Saturday night stay online at www.hiexpress.com (using Rate Category IDAMZ) and pay using their VISA card will get a $15 Amazon.com Electronic Gift Certificate! If you know anyone who might be traveling during that time you can score some easy Bzz!"

Havent looked at rates to see if it is a good deal, but explore away....

Last edited by ashaboe; Sep 19, 2005 at 5:22 pm Reason: Didn't search for the right dates
Old Sep 19, 2005, 8:04 pm

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
Hmmm, thanks ashaboe. This should add up quickly for me...

Originally Posted by ashaboe
Just saw an ad for this (a continuation?) in the National Geographic Traveler magazine (October 2005 issue).

"Get a $15 certificate from Amazon.com.

Simply book a Friday or Saturday night online at hiexpress.com/amazonpromo and stay between 9/30/2005 - 12/24/2005 and pay with your Visa card."

The T&C does state, though, that it is not valid with any other offer, discount, or promotion, so YPMV.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC RA, HH Gold
Strangely enough, the 10K bonus came back for me.

No OLCI bonus though.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Super Larry
I know this is little stuff, but nevertheless here's a nice little promo with PC and Diner's Club. 1000 PC points with every online booking between Sept 12 and Dec 16.

Terms and Conditions:
Must be a Priority Club Rewards member and enter Priority Club member number at time of online reservation to participate in this promotion and earn Bonus Priority Club points. If not a member, enrollment in Priority Club is free at www.priorityclub.com/dinersclub. To earn 1,000 bonus Priority Club points members must 1) logon via the landing page at www.priorityclub.com/dinersclub 2) book a stay online between September 12th – December 16, 2005 at priorityclub.com/dinersclub and 3) complete the qualified stay by December 16th 2005. 1,000 bonus Priority Club points will be awarded after completion of your stay. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. Stays prior to this online reservation are not eligible. A qualifying stay is a stay at a qualified rate, which includes most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Subject to standard Priority Club Rewards program terms and conditions.
I wonder how they are going to distinguish between a Mastercard and Dinersclub because Diners is history nowadays.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Note that you don't have to pay with Diners ... similar to the Hertz promo, as long as the IATA # associated with the Diners promo is attached to the reservation, you will get the bonus pts.

Actually you should pay with Visa to get additional pts.

Originally Posted by holtju2
I wonder how they are going to distinguish between a Mastercard and Dinersclub because Diners is history nowadays.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 5:10 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Sorry all, really did not understand it when it was explained first time around on the Forum -

How do I get an IATA no. into a booking, and how can I see it when it is there ?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 5:14 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Sorry all, really did not understand it when it was explained first time around on the Forum -

How do I get an IATA no. into a booking, and how can I see it when it is there ?
For example, go to the Hertz 1K promo page:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../lp/hertz.html

Then click that you are already a member to reservations.

On the next screen to the lower right, you should see the following, which is the IATA #:

IATA#: 99608574

IATA #'s are different with each promotions. I believe it's inserted automatically on many occasions depending on the link that got you there.

At other times, you got to enter one yourself.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 3:02 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Originally Posted by Super Larry

Terms and Conditions:
There is a similar promotion with ValPak. 1000 bonus points every time you book and stay from Sept. 1 through November 30, 2005. Must book online at www.priorityclub.com/valpak or by calling 1-877-270-6412.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 3:12 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by goingsomewhere
...On the next screen to the lower right, you should see the following, which is the IATA #:

IATA #'s are different with each promotions. I believe it's inserted automatically on many occasions depending on the link that got you there.

At other times, you got to enter one yourself.
Thanks !
Old Sep 24, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dino2020
Email Opt-In Promo- Pointsofinterest had this to say:

I found the landing pages for the Email Opt-in Promotions!!

2000 Points: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...ptin/2000optin (code 8059)

1000 Points: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...ptin/1000optin (code 1954)

500 Points: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...optin/500optin (code 4991)

250 Points: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...optin/250optin (code 7832)

TERMS: To participate in the promotion, members must 1) Opt into both e-statements and special offers and news subscriptions via this landing page with a valid email address; 2) Book a qualifying stay at an InterContinental Hotels Group location between now and Dec 31, 2005 3) Stay between day of subscription and December 31, 2005. [xxxx] Bonus points will be awarded after your stay and confirmation that email address used is valid. Stays prior to subscription from this page are not eligible. [...] Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount, or promotion. Current subscribers for e-statements or special offers and news are only eligible for this offer if they were previously subscribed to one or the other, but not to both e-statements and special offers and news.

FTers who signed up for all email promo codes directly noted that they received all points at once after their next stay. Not sure if they adjusted their communications profiles before or after signing up, or if at all.
Might be worth noting that the two of these that have posted for me actually turned up on different stays. Not sure why that happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.