or promo code = 7414
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Unhappy You had me going for a second.

Originally Posted by ioki
new promotion of Double point/Mile:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/....vanity=double

or promo code = 7414
That's already in the "sticky" just under the "Stay x, get 10k" section.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 11:12 pm

Programs: mp diamond, qf plat, royal amb, hh diamond, spg plat, hyatt diamond
bugger.. as i've only just received news of it today via an email spam from the IC group.

the stay <blah> thread is not sticky anymore, hence i thought i'd post it in there...

=(

the three threads at the top of the list are:

- Updated/New Promotions
- Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details
- I have resigned as the Moderator here
Old Sep 9, 2005, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC RA, HH Gold
Hmmm, I was registered for several promotions here, including a couple of 10K ones, and when the points posted from my last stay I didn't recieve a single bonus point.

The last thing I would do is call about it. I guess I must have triggered something that made it so bonus points wouldn't post. I know I didn't register for anything with miles...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by 95 Z/28 LT1
Hmmm, I was registered for several promotions here, including a couple of 10K ones, and when the points posted from my last stay I didn't recieve a single bonus point.

The last thing I would do is call about it. I guess I must have triggered something that made it so bonus points wouldn't post. I know I didn't register for anything with miles...

Hi
If you have registered for the standard 20k bonus i.e. 2k for every 2nd night then you should call up about that one. I have done it. Strange thing is that today I got the 2k bonus but 0 points for stay. Really odd indeed.

Got it sorted out and now better off by 7k.

regards
RadioMan
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:24 am

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Hi everyone,

Going on my 16th night for this promotion, and the points have been posting very nicely. I was wondering if any of you have had success re-registering for the promo?

I seem to remember reading that some people had trouble getting points the second time through during the last promo period (the one ending Aug 31).

I suppose one could always register under a new account and different (similar) name, or with same last name, but just one letter different in the first name.

I really like these promos!
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:13 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
No 2nd time for me!

Hi janeway,

I went through the 1st 16 nights of this promo in, well the 1st 16 nights it started! I got ALL of my points and 10ks for the 1st time. Since then I have met the requirement on 4 more of them and NONE of them have posted....just like last time. So I don't expect any luck in terms of getting them a 2nd time around. Anybody else having any luck?

I reregister for each of them and then say 1 or 2 days later I am no longer registered for it. I know this by attempting to register again and it lets me.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by EdV
Hi janeway,
I reregister for each of them and then say 1 or 2 days later I am no longer registered for it. I know this by attempting to register again and it lets me.
Once this happens (being able to register every 2 days) that's a strong indication that a promo did not stick in my experience.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:13 pm

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
If you sign up for the 10 k promos again, you will see in the new details in your account that when they "should have" been paid out, that they are listed in your stay details, but with zero points credited, there is obviously programming built in to stop people from getting these twice.

Another indication to me that PC does not care when other people use the 10 k codes people have been sent.

If they are taking the time to program in a fail safe to stop people from re-registering, they would certainly program in a check to ensure that only the targeted people whom received the promo codes used them...if they cared....very easy to do...a simple cross reference to the account numbers...
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC RA, HH Gold
For those of you who recieved multiple 10K's, did you register for them all at once, or as you were doing your stays would you register for a few of them at a time?

I'm bummed that I just missed out on about 30K on my last stay, and I'd like to figure out why so it doesn't happen again.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 95 Z/28 LT1
For those of you who recieved multiple 10K's, did you register for them all at once, or as you were doing your stays would you register for a few of them at a time?

I'm bummed that I just missed out on about 30K on my last stay, and I'd like to figure out why so it doesn't happen again.
I always register for them all at once.

One thing I now do is I don't register for ANYTHING, I mean absolutely ANYTHING, other than the 10ks and the ONE official, promoted everywhere, promo at the time (like the "double" one going on starting tomorrow).

I've had two occasions on which my 10k's were posting, and then all of a sudden in the middle of the promotion all my stays stopped posting period, the PC people couldn't fix it, and then it (apparently automatically) fixed itself the day the 10k promo period was over. One on occasion it happened on the stay that a miles promo would have hit (though would not have applied), since on that time around I had registered for both miles and points bonuses. Big no no, as everyone here now knows. The second occasion it was the stay after I registered for the Visa 1000 point portal booking bonus (which was halfway through a 10k run).

So it appears that trying to register for not just miles, but other SMALLER promos, can cause your 10ks to stop working. If you're really going to stay enough to max out all the 10ks, then 1000 point bonuses are IMHO too "small change" during that time* to risk it.

*Furthermore, "during that time" is hard to predict sometimes! Let's say you've just maxed out on 10ks, early in the last month of that promotion. There's some online booking bonus which you can register for, but THIS promotion runs for several more months. If registering for this might conflict with a FUTURE 10k run, is it even worth resgtering for it when you're not AT THE MOMENT doing a 10k run?

One possibility is that there's a maximum number of currently active promos you can be signed up for at once, and that the number happens to be one greater than the number of 10ks offered a given time. When you exceed the number of promos, your account locks up until one of those promos expires. That would take a concerted fleet of guinea pigs to test, tho (some of them willing to risk losing all 10ks in the name of science ), since to test this theory one person would have to sign up for 2 promos in addition to all the 10ks, and another would have to sign up for 2 promos in addition to all BUT ONE of the 10ks. If this theory were correct, the latter person would have no problems, but the first person would get an "account lockup".

But of course that's just a theory, and it might not be as simple as that...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:16 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I've had two occasions on which my 10k's were posting, and then all of a sudden in the middle of the promotion all my stays stopped posting period, the PC people couldn't fix it....
Um, are you saying that you called PC to ask them to fix your MULTIPLE 10K promos? That's a big no-no as we've all pretty much established here is a bad idea. Hope this isn't this case; please do not call about the 10Ks!

...to test this theory one person would have to sign up for 2 promos in addition to all the 10ks, and another would have to sign up for 2 promos in addition to all BUT ONE of the 10ks. If this theory were correct, the latter person would have no problems, but the first person would get an "account lockup".

But of course that's just a theory, and it might not be as simple as that...
Yeah, I think it's just a theory because I have been signed up for well over 5 promos at the same time and have still received my 10K promos....that's why I use the phrase YPMV (your points may vary).
Old Sep 13, 2005, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I've had two occasions on which my 10k's were posting, and then all of a sudden in the middle of the promotion all my stays stopped posting period, the PC people couldn't fix it
I hate to sound repetitive but please, please, please do not (insert expletives here) call PC concerning the posting/not posting of any 10k promos. I'm not sure why some people have not gotten this message but......
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
I hate to sound repetitive but please, please, please do not (insert expletives here) call PC concerning the posting/not posting of any 10k promos. I'm not sure why some people have not gotten this message but......
I gave the codes to a few people in my office who ended up not getting any points and the first thing that they did was call PC. Needless to say they can find the codes on their own next time.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Nanook37
Needless to say they can find the codes on their own next time.
Thanks from all of us. It's just that kind of scenario that is really going to backfire on all of us someday - hopefully that day is no time soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.