Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated/New Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:53 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EdV
Dino I'm embarrased to admit but who is our moderator?

I see that Randy is still looking for moderator applications in his sticky in this forum.
I believe (looking at the bottom of the list of threads in this forum) that it is ralfkrippner. Have thought about applying as well....
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:37 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Our moderator is ralfkrippner.

It doesn't seem that anyone wants to be the moderator of this forum.

I guess we have to keep on self-moderating ourselves.

I think we're doing a good job of it. Don't ya think?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:48 pm

Programs: WorldPerks, ICH Priority Club Plat
Recent Points

Strangly enough I did receive all of the 10k bonuses for my last stay. 5 nights Oct 31 thru Nov 4. I got a total of 35,480. I am getting ready to leave again on Monday so I thought that I would check here to see if there was anything new. I am sure glad that I did.

I had to re-enroll for the double points, the 3 night, 5 night and 6 night codes were removed from my registration. I was still enrolled for the rest of the promos though. I was not targeted for any of the promos either by mail or email.

It will be interesting to see what kind of points I get after this weeks stay. I stay 15 - 20 nights per month at Holiday Inn. Will let you know what happens.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Question

Does anyone have any idea what happens to with these promotions when your account is set up to get miles instead of points? Should I just change to points and then try to transfer them to miles later?
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:12 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Does anyone have any idea what happens to with these promotions when your account is set up to get miles instead of points?
Depends on the promo. If your account is set for miles and you signed up for a miles promo, then you'll get the miles. If your account is set for miles and you signed up for a points promo, then depending on the promo you may get points (such as with a signup bonus) or you may get zilch (such as with the Stay X promo). Some promos offer both miles or points and you'll get the one you have your account set for.

Should I just change to points and then try to transfer them to miles after?
Unless you have a specific reason for setting your account to miles (to get miles credits for an airline promo or to get the airline miles bonus when first registering for Ambassador, for example), then the consensus is to set your account for points and later change them (the points) to miles as necessary.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:51 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
Unless you have a specific reason for setting your account to miles (to get miles credits for an airline promo or to get the airline miles bonus when first registering for Ambassador, for example), then the consensus is to set your account for points and later change them (the points) to miles as necessary.
Thanks, looks like I'll be changing over before my stay that starts in two days in Delhi.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:33 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Promotion not-to-be

I was so excited when I just saw a flyer in the desk at my hotel here. 3000 bonus points for every third night. I thought I finally would be the first to post a promotion on this thread.

After 10 minutes of trying to sign-up for it and being diverted to the current double points promotion I noticed the fine print. runs until 17/12/2004.

Guess I am even slower at discovering the promotions than I thought!
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:14 am

COULD i please ask the moderator if removing the expired promos , or putting them in an area for expired, would help?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
500 points for iDine online profile

Received this email today - did not see it posted elsewhere - sorry if it is a duplicate

Bonus Offer Registration
Earn 500 Bonus Points with Priority Club Dining!

The more you dine, the more points per dollar you earn! Priority Club Rewards Dining members automatically earn 2 points per dollar spent whenever they use their registered credit card(s) at participating restaurants. Set up an online profile and upgrade your status to a Priority Club Rewards Dining Engaged Member where you earn 5 points per dollar spent. Dine just 12 times within a calendar year and move up to Priority Club Rewards Dining Elite Member status ... where you"ll earn 16 points per dollar spent!*

And now we"re making it even easier to "upgrade" your membership!

Earn 500 Bonus Points when you set up an online Username and Password and then dine out!

11/1/05 - 12/31/05

You must set up an online dining profile with a Username and Password between 11/1/05 and 12/31/05 and then have one qualified dine** during the bonus period. So first set up your online profile in order to qualify for the Bonus and reach Priority Club Rewards Dining Engaged Member status. Simply visit priorityclub.idine.com, click on "Dining Login" and follow the prompts!

Other terms and conditions apply.

Here is the link - https://priorityclub.idine.com/site/....jhtml?id=PC05
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had not realized that these PC dining points earned count towards status (such that it is).
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:24 am

IC (group of) hotels seem to be particularly bad about this...I regularly see promotion cards in the room long after they have expired. I assume that housekeeping doesn't read the fine print, and that management probably doesn't either

Originally Posted by cbellero
I was so excited when I just saw a flyer in the desk at my hotel here. 3000 bonus points for every third night. I thought I finally would be the first to post a promotion on this thread.

After 10 minutes of trying to sign-up for it and being diverted to the current double points promotion I noticed the fine print. runs until 17/12/2004.

Guess I am even slower at discovering the promotions than I thought!
Old Dec 6, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I had not realized that these PC dining points earned count towards status (such that it is).
I have found that just about any points earned, credited, transfered, or such seem to count. Last December, I did a transfer from AMEX MR and they were counted at that time.

Perhaps the situation is different now that there are periodic "cleansings" of bonuses, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.