Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated/New Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:42 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WonderDude
Unless I overlooked something, it appears that only Europeans are receiving the brand-new 10k promo emails, no? Hmmm. Probably nothing, but I'm curious.

When will the cavalcade of 10ks end? It's an embarassment of riches, but I ain't complainin'!
I got my first one this time as well (a stay 7 offering). Again, not Europe, but down here in Australia, so outside the US, yes.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
I got the stay 8, get 10k also. This is my very first targeted promotion(they must have heard my need for love). The targets absolutely must have to correlate with the business that you bring to IHG. I have been a multi year member but never stayed more than 2 nights a year until this year, with 30+ nights.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by smileymike13
I got the stay 8, get 10k also. This is my very first targeted promotion(they must have heard my need for love). The targets absolutely must have to correlate with the business that you bring to IHG. I have been a multi year member but never stayed more than 2 nights a year until this year, with 30+ nights.

Hi
Not sure about it going to people who have stayed a lot of nights in HIs etc. I have 51 nights so far this year (not including my main holiday which was 16 nights).

Another mystery of PC

regards
RadioMan
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:37 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
And is this ALL the codes ?!? They have always put out more than this - are we not missing a few ?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:56 pm

Thanks everyone for the codes
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:10 pm

Talking

Does anyone know if you can flip-flop between MILES and POINTS??

For example: (in regards to new 10K promos)

For stays 1 & 2 be enrolled in MILES

For stay 3 POINTS

For stay 4 MILES........etc, etc.

My rates are low for my stays and Miles is more productive if my rate is not in a point/stay promotion. Currently enrolled in the 2X Miles promotion....

ANyone know??

Thanks to everyone for the promo codes......I owe you a drink onboard UA.

Last edited by ClipperClub; Oct 19, 2005 at 10:58 pm
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
And is this ALL the codes ?!? They have always put out more than this - are we not missing a few ?
This promo is for a very short period - just November & December which, ignoring Christmas, means it is effectively just 6-7 weeks. That is probably why they have lowered the first bonus to 3 nights and scrapped the higher ones.

I'm certainly not complaining - the 5 nights I've got booked in BKK will get me 20k alone, then a 3 night mattress-run somewhere for another 30k!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:15 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Worked fine for me.

You can do it that way, or simply enter the number yourself - i.e. click on any code link, then do it again : it will say 'You are already registered', but below will be an empty box where you can enter the code by hand.

That is what I did with the last round (i.e. that current one that is about to end), some with the link changed, the rest as I describe above, and got every single 10k that I reached (up to and including 15 nights).
I thought to remember that the last letter of the link, which corresponds to the no. of nights needed for the 10k bonus, has to be changed correctly, too.

3 nights = A
5 nights = B
6 nights = C

With this it is obvious that there is no 4 nights bonus, but I thought it is also important to change that letter in the link to make it work. But as Aisle Seat H said, it worked for him without doing so.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Hamburger
3 nights = A
I can confirm that the 3nights mail I had had 'A'
Old Oct 20, 2005, 3:40 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
3 nights = A
5 nights = B
6 nights = C
7 nights = D (no surprises there I'm sure ).
Old Oct 20, 2005, 4:08 am

Programs: Some basic level ones
Hi

Have you guys received confirmation emails for all your registrations? I got one for the first code I registered (5 nights) but none of the others. However, when I tried to re-register I'm told I am already enrolled in the other promos...

Cheers
Old Oct 20, 2005, 5:34 am

Programs: UA
Yes, I did
Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:44 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
so did i, for each one.

but I thought it is also important to change that letter in the link to make it work. But as Aisle Seat H said, it worked for him without doing so.
And on all this guys, yes it works that way, but I have found that it is a far too unnecessarily complicated way to do it - by far the easiest (and most reliable) way to enter all the promos is to manually enter the 4 digit code into the box on the generic registration page.

And as I said, it is very easy to get to such a generic registration page - simply click on ANY code promo link in this Thread and click on 'Register'. Once you press register for a 2nd time/if you are already registered you will get a message saying 'You are already registered...', but you will now notice that by 'Promotion Code' there is now an empty box - simply type the relevant code number in it, and you are guaranteed to be properly submitting your registration, without having to play around with URLs. You can then press back, enter each code, and you are registered for all of them in double quick time.

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Oct 20, 2005 at 7:56 am
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Talking Airline Miles?

OK, I got the offer for 3 nights and 10K points in my e-mail. Of course, in accordance with the rules I will only be registering for this one...

However, let's say hypothetically I got the one for 6 nights and I had 4 stays scheduled with 4 nights, 1, night, 1 night, and 1 night respectively. I had originally planned to switch my earnings preference to SWA RR credits after the 4 nights stay to take advantage of the doubles credits for the 1-night stays. How would this affect the 10K points bonus?

I think someone (Clipperclub?) asked a similar question earlier, but I didn't see that anyone had responded - sorry if I missed it...

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:38 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
don't do it!

indyscott, Just a little FT ICH wisdom: I would recommend that you DON'T register for both! I and many others on this board have found that when you do (I have anecdotal evidence to support in my case) you are more likely to NOT GET ANYTHING than get both or something at all!

There is something about the codes that we here have noticed than when people register for both codes simultaneously you most likely get nothing. Happened to me. I would pick which is more important to you and then go from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.