Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by antuk
If you don't value the benefits why don't you take your business to another chain? Personally, I have no issue with IHG, I've had a 100% upgrade success rate for the last two years and over 70% of the time I get upgraded to a suite.
Agree totally, for me it works well, I also get upgraded frequently.
To be honest, most of my stays are work related, so Im not in the room for very long, just eating, head down for a kip, breakfast and out again.
Sometimes I wonder what people expect from a loyalty scheme, for me I expect nothing and what ever I receive is a bonus..
To compare with another, I also have Diamond in Accor, and I know which scheme treats me best..
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
If you don't value the benefits why don't you take your business to another chain? Personally, I have no issue with IHG, I've had a 100% upgrade success rate for the last two years and over 70% of the time I get upgraded to a suite.
Already have. Avoided IHG since my last stay in January.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I have no issue with IHG, I've had a 100% upgrade success rate for the last two years and over 70% of the time I get upgraded to a suite.
Yikes! You are blessed indeed

That's a score that eluded me even in my RA days!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
As a spire/RA my upgrades have been zero in last couple of years in HI hotels even with repeat stays . ICs are of course very different.
I have now got to state of no longer bothering unless they are convenient and same price as competition.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:15 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The app is now indicating, in some places, that I’m Diamond (and in other places still says Spire) and the accent color has changed from red to a dark gray, so it looks like it’s rolling out now?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dw
The app is now indicating, in some places, that I’m Diamond (and in other places still says Spire) and the accent color has changed from red to a dark gray, so it looks like it’s rolling out now?
+1
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I’m a Spire Ambassador with a grey top border and a new elite expiration date of12/31/2023.

No stays so far in 2022 but I renewed Ambassador earlier this year.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Agree totally, for me it works well, I also get upgraded frequently.
To be honest, most of my stays are work related, so Im not in the room for very long, just eating, head down for a kip, breakfast and out again.
Sometimes I wonder what people expect from a loyalty scheme, for me I expect nothing and what ever I receive is a bonus..
To compare with another, I also have Diamond in Accor, and I know which scheme treats me best..
I was spoiled with SPG. They knew how to take care of Platinums. Marriott's gutting of not only that program but of hospitality culture in general has been nothing short of disgusting.

I've never really had expectations of IHG when it comes to elite benefits. None of the tiers - even Spire - offer anything interesting. (Royal Ambassador looks interesting, but there's no set criteria to reach it so I doubt I will ever try.) I've always approached IHG as a transactional program that sometimes has bonuses on top of bonuses that make simple stays really rewarding.

My only disappointment so far this year has been two pretty bad Kimpton stays - hotels that were once fantastic that have been downgauged into expensive limited-service hotels without even a single food option onsite some nights for dinner - and no breakfast option of any kind on any day. It's sad because that brand used to be pretty unique, and now I know to avoid it and stay in the IHG sweet spot which is HIX and similar hotels.
SPN Lifer and js1993 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I'm showing as Diamond Ambassador when I turn the app sideways to show the card = with a 1st Sept 2022 expiry date (when my AMB ends)

Other app pages still show the 'old' scheme with me being Spire

Website not showing anything new though
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I'm showing as Diamond Ambassador when I turn the app sideways to show the card = with a 1st Sept 2022 expiry date (when my AMB ends)

Me too!
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For me it shows under memberships

Ambassador
Diamond Inner Circle
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA / IHG / Hilton / Hertz / Avis
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

same here
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:42 pm
dw

Two days later, the app still seems to be stuck in a state of limbo. Definitely not impressed with IHG’s rollout so far, but at the same time not surprised at all.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Which app are you referring to? On my iPhone, the IHG app still has no hint of the program change.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:32 pm
dw

Originally Posted by js1993
Which app are you referring to? On my iPhone, the IHG app still has no hint of the program change.
iOS app. Those of us who would be new Diamond are showing up as Diamond in some places, and Spire in others. Also, when I hit “2022 Track to Elite Status”, five tier levels now show up, but the tier between Club and Gold is currently blank. It’s like their developers started working on an update to the app, didn’t finalize it, yet chose to roll it out anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.