Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Oh no, that would be terrible. Actually really looking forward to this hotel opening.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Hotel accepts reservation 1st October 2022 onwards.

Rates start for an average of 24 sqm standard room at whopping 626 euro a night. Breakfast is charged ...78.00 euro (for one or two members).

It will be interesting to see what kind of upgrade Royal Ambassador will get at this property : double upgrade is King Premium Room, with an average size of 35sqm. But not even King Bed Premium Via Veneto Side).
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My guess (hope) would be that initially they loaded the "ambitious" rates to test market and that over time more reasonable rates will follow. I'm thinking right now their BAR is pegged to dreamy expectations, but at those room rates in that location it would take a seriously committed traveler to stay there.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 7:05 pm

So I have a reservation for Fed 14-18 of 2022 that i booked some time early last year. Now the IHG website is not allowing me to cancel my reservation, saying i need to contact the hotel but with the hotel not even close to opening, the number doesnt work.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 7:34 pm

Horrible.

Mail the hotel and IHG/AMB services, so you have a trail of your intentions to cancel.

Please keep us updated.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:22 am

In discussions with the hotel .... it definitely will not open in 2022. Early 2023 is the expected time frame.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just noticed this thread. I really miss the Intercontinental de la Ville Roma. That had some of the best appointed rooms of any IC worldwide. Fine objects of art in the nicer rooms and the best location.

I have a business trip to Rome coming up. Where to stay? I guess the St. Regis or Westin. Maybe Sofitel.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
Just noticed this thread. I really miss the Intercontinental de la Ville Roma. That had some of the best appointed rooms of any IC worldwide. Fine objects of art in the nicer rooms and the best location.
I miss too the great terrace suites with superb view over the city at InterContinental De La Ville Rome, and I loved the atmosphere of the bar (and I am quite horrified by the current interior design under Rocco Forte brand).

Originally Posted by stimpy
I have a business trip to Rome coming up. Where to stay? I guess the St. Regis or Westin. Maybe Sofitel.
Sofitel renovation is pretty good, and I like the restaurant.

Why not give a try to the Foxton?
I stayed once at Relais & Châteaux Raphaël, and loved the atmosphere.
Or G-Rough if you want something more contemporary?
Or the new W Rome, which is now open?

Note of moderator
I copied this post to the old and now closed thread abbout the old
IC Rome de la Ville (including the pictures of the hotel), which is closed

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 17, 2022 at 10:13 pm Reason: copied this post (incl. pictures) to old IC Rome thread
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:48 am

Has anyone heard any recent news on the opening, which is now reported as Spring 2023 on the website? Seeing as how the opening has been postponed several times now, wondering how risky it will be to book a week in late May.

I was in Rome in April. I should’ve taken a walk by to see how the project is coming along.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:22 pm

It's supposed to open next spring 2023
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio78
It's supposed to open next spring 2023
Yes, thanks I read that however the opening date has been postponed before. Was gaging how definite Spring 2023 was deemed.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:11 am

Did this happened? Oh well bad hotel bad company.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by honzhu
Did this happened? Oh well bad hotel bad company.
🙄

This is not the first time in hospitality history that a complete renovation of a historic hotel has been delayed.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: OW
Had a stay booked for early March - just seen that they are now not accepting reservations until 13 Mar but have received no comms from the hotel... I since called IHG asking to be moved to another date and they have now just cancelled my original reservation... Great.
ARR72 likes this.

Last edited by eh220160; Jan 6, 2023 at 7:30 am
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eh220160
Had a stay booked for early March - just seen that they are now not accepting reservations until 13 Mar but have received no comms from the hotel... I since called IHG asking to be moved to another date and they have now just cancelled my original reservation... Great.
I'm afraid that's the general - loathsome - practice of IHG in this case.

I unfortunately had to suffer the same fate when the Kimpton Mallorca was not ready for reservations.

I had a conversation with the hotel GM, who told me that hotels have no control over such cancellations, fully managed by IHG.

I hope that my reservation in March at InterContinental Rome will not be canceled as well. 😬

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.