Wiki Posts
Search

IC Rome De La Villa - Master Thread [merged] - no longer a IC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:26 am
Original Poster

IC Rome De La Villa - Master Thread [merged] - no longer a IC

Hi folks,
just stayed at the IC in Rome and have to say it really rocks!.
Speaking about location, it's great! It takes 3 metro stops from the Termini Station where the connection train from the airport arrives.
I checked in at 1pm and because of my Ambassador status, I was upgraded to a nice jr suite, facing the Villa Borghese garden.
Room was quite spacious compared to European standards, nut nothing to do with an American Jr. suite...
What surprised me was the bathroom that was really tiny, even if it was appointed in an excellent way.

Service was great, from the very beginning. Just two minutes after I got my room, they ringed at the door with my fruit, water and a bottle of wine as a gift! Usually has always to chase my Ambassador amenities

Staff was very helpful and everybody seemed to care a lot about guest satisfaction.
Everytime I entered the hotel I had to reply at least 5 or 6 "Buongiorno!" That's really amazing.

If anyone needs further infos, I'll be glad to provide them.

Cheers
maclover
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:38 am

We're booked there next May. I'd love more info.....

Any good restaurants nearby? Transportation? Whatever!!

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2004, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Location was outstanding. I had a very small room- even for Europe- for 350 euros. It is also not quite a full service hotel- more of a series of townhouses strung together- and light on amentities. However, the location is superb, and in Rome you shouldn't be in the hotel too much anyway, right?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 4:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I was there last summer and enjoyed it very much.

Location: Right on the top of the spanish steps, couldn't be better. All attractions in walking distance, except of Petersdom, which is 15 Minutes by subway. Subway station is on the lower end of the spanish steps.

Restaurants: Go down the spanish steps and cross the square. In the surrounding streets you will find a lot of restaurants and bars, most of them also with outside tables. Normal prices.

Breakfast: Excellent italian salami and parma ham. But quite expensive (40€) Make sure your room rate has BF already included.

Have a nice trip
Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:48 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
IC Rome

Thinking of burning my free nite cert here the weekend of 3/19. Any thoughts on the place?

speaking of "the cert" I don't have mine with me, couple questions. Do I need to alert them ahead of time I will be using it? or should I\must I reserve 2 nights now and just present the cert when I check in?

thanks
\\//\\//
Old Feb 19, 2005, 3:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Reserve 2 nights- no need to mention the certificate. In fact, you can book the first night at a cheap rate and the second night at the refundable rate if your plans are iffy or if you are concerned about the entire stay being charged upon reservation (which may apply to some of the highly discounted rates.) At check in I usually wait until after the level of the room/suite I am to have has been finalized before whipping out the certificate- why give them a reason to be less generous with the upgrade?

The de la Ville's strongest point by far is its location- lots of things within a 20 minute walk. Good shopping and eats in the area at the foot of the Spanish Steps- beyond the piazza. The hotel itself is more of a European boutique than say the IC London or Le Grand- it doesn't have a club and the gym is small and ill equipped, but the hotel has charm and a great location.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
I agree, the IC Roma is FAR under the average standing of IC hotels BUT great location service is also under average, and rates are high according italian hotel rates.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:39 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Thanks

I rarely travel anywhere that has an IC-my one stay at Mark Hopkins was enough not to use the free night there again.

On IC website there is a rate for "Best Flexible Rate w Breakfast"(which is actually cheaper than the Best Flexible rate on some rooms) IF I book this rate will I get breakfast both days? or just the payed day.

further- I bet there's not E50 difference between a classic vs. a deluxe room and since there is no club I'd be just as well served booking the classic room and get the(hopefully) upgrade to the deluxe room. Not sure if I book the deluxe room what the upgrade would be( a bettetr deluxe room-higher floor wooo wooo)

also
What is the likelyhood of being able to check in around 10:30 in the morning. Flight arrives from states at 8:30a. Am sure I will want to freshen up.

also
Does this site have the limo option?

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2005, 8:15 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
IC Rome?

Comments, experiences at this IC property in Rome appreciated. Looks like great location and the European sale price knocks off about 75E if booked before March 8. What is the upgrade practice like there?

Thinking of a stay there using points but appears to be no availablity on line. As an RA would I likely be able to get a reward room or suite if I called PC?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Thinking of a stay there using points but appears to be no availablity on line.
I booked one room there using points for Summer'05.
I think it's really random how the system works. I'm trying to get a second room, but no availability now.
Do you think you can upgrade a rewards room to a suite by paying a difference?
I'm Ambassador, what are my chances to get a good upgrade in Rome, based on your experience with this hotel guys?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
I booked one room there using points for Summer'05.
I think it's really random how the system works. I'm trying to get a second room, but no availability now.
Do you think you can upgrade a rewards room to a suite by paying a difference?
I'm Ambassador, what are my chances to get a good upgrade in Rome, based on your experience with this hotel guys?

I have the same problem with IC Rome. No reward nights but I did get an email two days ago saying that they had rooms, when PC site showed they did not.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:39 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Comments, experiences at this IC property in Rome appreciated. Looks like great location and the European sale price knocks off about 75E if booked before March 8. What is the upgrade practice like there?
I stayed there at the beginning of January 2005. Upgrade was to a suite on the 8th floor. The suite was rather small (= comparing to suites in general) BUT the terrace was large with a fantastic view over Rome. The upgrade was provided automatically and I found that suite to be the very best room in the hotel. Welcome gift (water, fruits, red wine) was also delivered automatically.

I was very pleased with my stay. The location is excellent. I would return at any time.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 5:18 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Thanks for this report and I am impressed you got Red Wine too. I have stayed at 3 ICs this year, never any red wine, only fruit baskets. And so far no upgrades to suites either. As a RA I am not impressed so far but I have re-earned Plat status already due to all the bonuses which I mostly learn about on this excellent site. Thank you everyone!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 5:19 pm

I know this isn't the answer to your question, but the Holiday Inn Rome West was fantastic, 4 star
Old Mar 6, 2005, 8:34 am

I just got the IC Rome on priceline for $212/night from Apr 29 to May 3. It seems like not a bad deal to me since the cheapest cost I found elsewhere was around $380.

By the way, do priceline stays get normal points / benefits? I am not a member of the IC program yet. I would signup (and maybe even buy Amb status) if I know that I would qualify for bonus points and upgrades. With search being broken it was difficult to find anything about this. (BTW, I would suggest adding this info - whether priceline status get points/benefits -- to the "Priority Club Levels and the Ambassador status info" sticky thread).

Thanks
Ron

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.