Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 1:20 am

Yikes I have a booking for mid-May and still have not heard anything from them at all which is a bit worrisome
Old Apr 30, 2023, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BrotherLehman
Yikes I have a booking for mid-May and still have not heard anything from them at all which is a bit worrisome
Have you not received any emails from IHG?

Is your reservation still visible on your account (sometimes IHG cancels the reservation without further ado).

In any case, I invite you to get in touch with IHG (IHG is not exactly good at dealing with hotel opening delays, and not very proactive to say the least).

https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...-reservations/
nonamelive likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 5:14 am

Programs: Avios
I can find no hotels available on points for my dates with IHG or Hilton,it looks like I will be paying cash. A cursory look has hotel rates between 600-750 for my dates. I really hope they open June 1
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:18 pm

I have booking for 3 nights, starting the 9th.
Haven't heard from the hotel.
Old May 1, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Got an email from the hotel directly for my late May booking.

​​​​​I hope my e-mail finds you well.

Can you please let us know the source of this information, as the hotel moving into operations mode already, therefore we are not expecting such to happen?

All active bookings, as yours, are confirmed.​​
Tilto007 likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:23 pm

I also made contact and the poster who mentioned opening June 1 is wrong. They are opening up slowly and I could make a reservation for 3 nights in late May. They are answering the phones and they are expecting guests this week. I have no idea what the opening will be like but they are opening up.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: IHG
According to the Ambassador hot desk, for what it's worth are saying the hotel opens tomorrow, so my booking remains at the end of the month, we will see.
Old May 2, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Dp69
According to the Ambassador hot desk, for what it's worth are saying the hotel opens tomorrow, so my booking remains at the end of the month, we will see.
According to someone on a travel blog, the hotel is now open (the person witnessed, walked by the hotel). Also, if you try to book the hotel, it now says “new hotel” vs. “opening soon” as it had read for months now. Seems you’re good - enjoy your stay and report back! I have a reservation in August.
Old May 6, 2023, 11:21 am

I can confirm, that the hotel is now open and fully working. I am staying there with the 40k promotion. I don't know, why it is not possible to make reservations.

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; May 6, 2023 at 11:26 am
Old May 6, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They may be doing a gradual full opening and restrict the number of rooms and guests initially until operations have had some time to work out any kinks. Hence, part of the room inventory may still be held back. Staffing could be another issue these days. YMMV.
Tilto007 likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 11:30 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Glory be, InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace is finally open as per IHG.

khabah
Old May 15, 2023, 2:27 pm

Stayed there this weekend and can confirm that it is open!
They apologized that the inventory was not fully released yet and thus could not upgrade my standard twin room (given my Ambassador status) - I was offered EUR50 credit in drinks or 10,000 points (I took the latter) and they promised should I go back to the hotel in the future, they would do double upgrade.

The hotel did seem quite busy with a steady stream of customers - loads of older American tourists!

Entrance of hotel

Lobby

Bar lounge

Breakfast room
Old Jun 5, 2023, 6:06 pm

Stayed last May using Weekend Free Stay.
I am a Diamond Amb, and got upgrade to Cityside but late checkout is limited to 1:30 pm, indicating room inventory is tightened. Restaurant credit was €15 (exchange rate?).
I love its location (easily reachable from Termini station by bus #590 and close to sightseeing spots) and breakfast buffet (nicely cooked zucchini which is merely found in Europe) but it's so pricey now that I won't visit again.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 12:33 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Booking a stay at InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace for October. Do I understand correctly that the hotel does not have a Club Lounge? Anybody have intel on the Suites or Junior Suites?
Old Jun 10, 2023, 5:29 am

Here right now and the hotel looks wonderful.

I am an IHG ambassador and the benefits were quite good. . I choose the breakfast for 2 benefit daily but other benefits include a minibar $50 per day benefit daily up to $200 maximum . The room we were given was very nice with a large balcony and furnished to a very high level. So far I am impressed.
ARR72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.