Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I'm afraid that's the general - loathsome - practice of IHG in this case.

I unfortunately had to suffer the same fate when the Kimpton Mallorca was not ready for reservations.

I had a conversation with the hotel GM, who told me that hotels have no control over such cancellations, fully managed by IHG.

I hope that my reservation in March at InterContinental Rome will not be canceled as well. 😬
I'm going to leave it a couple of days before taking it up with Keith Barr at IHG and see what happens. Hope you manage to complete your stay - fingers crossed!!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
What is the concern, maybe I missed it? You wanted your reservation to be moved because rebooking for a later date would have attracted a much higher rate versus what you had secured with your original reservation for dates that the hotel won't be open now?

If so, I fully understand the want to push for reinstatement or honoring the rate. Good luck with that then, the regular customer service can be quite infuriating with the incompetence they can display at times.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by demue
What is the concern, maybe I missed it? You wanted your reservation to be moved because rebooking for a later date would have attracted a much higher rate versus what you had secured with your original reservation for dates that the hotel won't be open now?

If so, I fully understand the want to push for reinstatement or honoring the rate. Good luck with that then, the regular customer service can be quite infuriating with the incompetence they can display at times.
Yes, exactly this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by eh220160
I'm going to leave it a couple of days before taking it up with Keith Barr at IHG and see what happens. Hope you manage to complete your stay - fingers crossed!!
Here is the response sent by the InterContinental Rome:

Dear Nicolas,

Greetings from Rome,

First of all, let me thank you for choosing InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace for your forthcoming stay in Rome.

Based on the information I have now, I am confident that we will be able to welcoming you, but there is not much more I am able to tell you, I'm afraid.

Besides this, rest ensured that we are currently holding the reservations of several guests, and that we will make everything is in our control, to maintain the opening date we are currently showing.

Best regards,
In other words, maybe. Maybe not.
336 and eh220160 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:07 pm

Here is the response sent by the InterContinental Rome:

In other words, maybe. Maybe not.
Accepting reservations from May 1st. now.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by aldemar
doesn’t inspire much confidence…. Will it open by summer? As time goes on, it appears less and less likely.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
🤬

I already asked the hotel to move my reservation to the Six Senses, which will be obviously open end of March.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:37 am

🤬

I already asked the hotel to move my reservation to the Six Senses, which will be obviously open end of March.
Reservation with points?
This time we have booked four nights end of May with points.
We had also booked three nights for March 21. As a compensation IHG gave 10k points/night.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reservation with points?
No, paid reservation.

Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:47 pm

Fingers crossed for moving your reservation to Six Senses. Our back-up plan is Indigo in case IC is again moving the opening date.
​​​​​​
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Our back-up plan is Indigo in case IC is again moving the opening date.
​​​​​​
I have only stayed at the Indigo once, and my memory of it is not great to say the least.

Apart from the location and the rooftop terrace, the hotel is just very basic : the rooms are tiny, the interior design is cheap and soulless (first generation of Indigo hotels that just hang a large poster behind the bed to call themselves a "boutique hotel, indoor pool is as large as a bathtub).

It is far from the standards of a last generation InterContinental hotels.

Last edited by nicolas75; Feb 15, 2023 at 3:14 am
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Angry Answer received by InterContinental Rome

Dear Mr. XX,

We hope our email finds you well.

We are mortified to inform you that, due to circumstances that are not under our direct control with regards to construction issues, we were announced that we will not be able to confirm our opening date as of March 13th, as previously scheduled.

Unfortunately, some very last-minute unforeseen issues have occurred and we could not risk to wait for the resolution of these issues to make a decision, and our opening date has now been moved to Mid-April.

Under these circumstances, we are activating all procedures of the case. You will be hearing back with updates and the best possible solution.

As you can understand, we are also disappointed for having to send you this communication, a heartfelt thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
118,000 points per night in September for the two days I checked.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by ARR72
doesn’t inspire much confidence…. Will it open by summer? As time goes on, it appears less and less likely.
Walked past on the weekend - whilst I don't know anything about construction I highly doubt they will be open on May 1st. There's rubble and wires everywhere, and the inside is completely bare from what I could see.
nicolas75, 336 and ARR72 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 2:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Scoop:

For those in the know,
Miss Kelly from IC AMS front office is departing for the grand opening of IC Rome to assist and guide during the first 2 openingweeks at systems / office / front reception.

Any IC AMS regulars that are booked in for IC Rome are sure to be recognised by her and can approach her insitu for information,

It seems IC Rome is now really going to open for sure
demue, Atacama40 and koriobg like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.