Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Scoop:

For those in the know,
Miss Kelly from IC AMS front office is departing for the grand opening of IC Rome to assist and guide during the first 2 openingweeks at systems / office / front reception.

Any IC AMS regulars that are booked in for IC Rome are sure to be recognised by her and can approach her insitu for information,

It seems IC Rome is now really going to open for sure
Old Mar 19, 2023, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Not yet ready 😬

Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:33 am

Scoop:

For those in the know,
Miss Kelly from IC AMS front office is departing for the grand opening of IC Rome to assist and guide during the first 2 openingweeks at systems / office / front reception.

Any IC AMS regulars that are booked in for IC Rome are sure to be recognised by her and can approach her insitu for information,

It seems IC Rome is now really going to open for sure
Good news, I need this open for mid May
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
If i am not mistaken i was told it was due systemwise to join around 17 May, could be i heard wrong and it is 7th or 27th.
Anyway i believe end of April is when staff are pouring in from other IC-hotels to come help set up .

But then again......this being Italy and Alitalia has been ressurrected more times than global "Elvis-lives again" sightings : who knows ?
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:59 am

If i am not mistaken i was told it was due systemwise to join around 17 May, could be i heard wrong and it is 7th or 27th.
Anyway i believe end of April is when staff are pouring in from other IC-hotels to come help set up .

But then again......this being Italy and Alitalia has been ressurrected more times than global "Elvis-lives again" sightings : who knows ?
True that! As it goes, dates in between those work perfect Hades. I took the plunge with a new EV car and we are going to drive through France, do the Grand Tour through Switzerland (shame IC lost Davos but 6S Crans Montana fills a sort of gap) and then drive down through Italy to Sicily. Less IHG options there I think. Might have to stay at the 'White Lotus'
HadesNL likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:14 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
That's a pretty neat trip, lots of different sights & cuisines to enjoy!
And the EV : does it come with James Bond gadgets?
Always sad that IC Davos ain't no more....
6S Crass Montana looks interesting, have a great time...

Off topic:
Ugh: White Lotus
I learned in boarding school about the White Lotus : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Lotus
Now it seems synonyme to pulp mindnumbing TV drama even my kids are bingewatching : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Lotus
And again a plot of travel influencers + bloggers to flaunt/pump Four Seasons hotels : https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...-four-seasons/

Yes i suffer from a generation gap!
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:54 am

That's a pretty neat trip, lots of different sights & cuisines to enjoy!
And the EV : does it come with James Bond gadgets?
Always sad that IC Davos ain't no more....
6S Crass Montana looks interesting, have a great time...

Off topic:
Ugh: White Lotus
I learned in boarding school about the White Lotus : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Lotus
Now it seems synonyme to pulp mindnumbing TV drama even my kids are bingewatching : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Lotus
And again a plot of travel influencers + bloggers to flaunt/pump Four Seasons hotels : https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...-four-seasons/

Yes i suffer from a generation gap!
Have to confess Hades it has the full mad James Bond toy set. I'm almost embarrassed to confess this thing even has a 10 degree rear steer wheels and can park itself. Even the guys at ICPL were impressed with it and they drive and park some insane wheels as you will have seen. It would have looked the business parked outside Davos or the old Brechtesgarten. All I need is the white cat and cigarette holder and a scar

Yes it should be a good trip. Original idea was to drive to IC Istanbul but given the time frame though that whilst a nice challenge, it would become an endurance rather than an enjoyment.

Good to get the IC Rome dates, is quite reassuring that. It really is the perfect time that. Trip plan is likely Le Grand, possibly that Mr & Mrs Smith place in Remis, Lyon, definitely Marseilles, Geneva, Crans Montana, Bologna, Rome, Naples, and then down south. So IC's as flag markers and then infill with others in nice locations.

Have to confess to quite liking the White Lotus. I believe it's the Four Seasons down at the end of the boot! Not my cup of oolong if I'm honest but not so familiar with the hotels that far down. Recommendations and suggestions gratefully received.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:24 pm

May? I thought it was 17th Apr. Not sure what happen to my early May bank holiday trip if that's true
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: Hyatt EXplorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Opening date

Originally Posted by DonnyJohn
May? I thought it was 17th Apr. Not sure what happen to my early May bank holiday trip if that's true
I emailed the hotel a couple weeks ago and they said they are opening April 17th. Although it sure doesn't sound like that's going to be the case. I'm supposed to check in April 22nd for two nights.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: Hyatt EXplorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Canceled reservation

Well I just received an email today saying the hotel will not open in time for my April 22nd check in. They said they will be in contact with me to try to figure out alternate plans. Not holding my breath right now.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by az2323
Well I just received an email today saying the hotel will not open in time for my April 22nd check in. They said they will be in contact with me to try to figure out alternate plans. Not holding my breath right now.
A bad do. I had it on solid internal word that they would hit mid month. Poor show. Hope they help you with decent alternative options.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:32 am

Same here, my stay that starts on the 28th was also cancelled.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:33 am

What sort of compensation or alternative accommodations have they offered so far?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:44 am

A good hotel will email a guest,
in case of delayed late opening,
pro-avtively or will react when queried,
with offering to:
- move reservation dates to a future date keeping room type + rate as orginally booked OR
- move reservation to a hotel owned by the same company (some companies own multiple hotels across different hotel groups) OR
- move reservation to a different IHG-hotel in the city/region

* if one seeks out compensation,
because flights / transport / events were prepaid AND
booked seperately AND
thus are not of use anymore due to the delayed opening ,
i believe you can get results from your travel insurrance or if one has a trip cancellation insurance (anulleringsverzekering)

if they plainly are cancelling reservations without any explaination than it is sloppy and one should report to IHG or AMB-services
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
I received following alternatives:
Gran Melia Villa Agrippina
Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese

Or I could of course also stay in the Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn (for sure this has to be a bad joke..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.