Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
do you have to stay at different IHGs to complete your offers ? I stayed 4 nights at a IHG property then a couple of weeks later another 4 nights for a total of 8 nights, but it looks like only 1 of my stays counted towards the bonus ?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
I have a question for the Accelerate experts

in 2017 do Reward Nights count as Elite Qualifying Nights but not towards the total nights stayed for Stay More, Earn More ?

I thought I hit my Accelerate demands but I am now being told I am short 2 nights
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Yes that's correct, reward nights unfortunately don't count towards that particular task in Accelerate.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
any idea when the Q2 offer is due to start, i have a lot of night i think i may need to book soon
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aidy
any idea when the Q2 offer is due to start, i have a lot of night i think i may need to book soon
Maybe end of May or middle of June. and there is no guarantee it will be accelerator, might be double points or triple points...
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:18 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by jonspencer
in 2017 do Reward Nights count as Elite Qualifying Nights but not towards the total nights stayed for Stay More, Earn More ?
Only nights which earn points count for accelerate unless you have a task which involves redeeming points
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
I see my Accelerate 2017 Offer has disappeared from my IHG account.
I know Accelerate finished on 15 April but I had a stay on 11 April and this should be my 6th out of 6 stays which give another 12000 points. I have already received 31900 points.

Surely it should still be showing so I can check that it has been credited? It is hardly my fault IHG takes about 2 weeks after checkout to add it to the dashboard and then another few days after that to reach my account.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by igc324
I see my Accelerate 2017 Offer has disappeared from my IHG account.
Just go here and you will see everything

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...2017/dashboard
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgparent
do you have to stay at different IHGs to complete your offers ? I stayed 4 nights at a IHG property then a couple of weeks later another 4 nights for a total of 8 nights, but it looks like only 1 of my stays counted towards the bonus ?
It completely depends on the specific offers and their Terms & Conditions. And everyone gets different offers, so we don't know what your offers were.

Some offers work with repeated stays at the same hotel, other offers require stays at different hotels.

So please read the Terms & Conditions of your specific offers, and if that still doesn't answer your question, then post those specific T&Cs here. Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I am so frustrated with IHG's technology right now.

I wasn't credited for the Stay Once or January bonuses, even tho I had a HIX stay in mid-January. They rejected my request for credit based on booking before registering for the promotion.

So I sent my confirmation showing I had booked a few days before the stay in January.

Well, apparently what I had was the stay reminder email. I never received the original confirmation, so I had been working from the reminder thinking it was the original confirmation.

And thus, I never rebooked the stay to make it valid for the promotion.

I'm so sick of having to sort thru every little detail and fight with their systems all the time. I stayed at an inconvenient hotel to hit this promotion and now won't get credit - specifically because there was no initial confirmation email to alert me to it. Ugh.

Going to skip the Q2 promotion and stick with Marriott for a while.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
Looks like the system is in the process of sweeping accounts. My dashboard has not updated yet but the final points just posted.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC IHG
Does a q2 promo start on the 16th?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lewis Watson
not that ihg have announced
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Lewis Watson
If you're in the Americas, there's a one month general 'Spring Bonus' promotion, presumably the gap before the summer promotion really shows up. (I suspect the USA will get another MasterCard branded 'Share' promo since IHG has been recycling promotions a lot the past few years)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...icas-only.html

Not sure about other regions.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I am so frustrated with IHG's technology right now....

And thus, I never rebooked the stay to make it valid for the promotion.

I'm so sick of having to sort thru every little detail and fight with their systems all the time. I stayed at an inconvenient hotel to hit this promotion...
It's certainly frustrating that they don't just make all stays during the promo period valid regardless of when they were booked.

It is also understandable that they don't want to give out bonus points if you were going to book that stay anyway.

The other side of the issue, of course, is that people may book elsewhere because you can get a sure deal at a non-IHG hotel now instead of waiting to see what a future promo will be. I am currently avoiding IHG for the hotels I will need in June, whereas if I knew that booking now would still count to whatever promo IHG dreams up for next quarter, then I might have booked with IHG already. I may or may not rebook when a future IHG promo is announced.

Apparently you booked this January stay before registering, i.e. you didn't know the targets you had to hit. This means you didn't stay at an inconvenient hotel to hit the promotion.

IHG's T&Cs may be annoying, but it looks like it was your fault for forgetting to set a reminder to rebook - you know exactly what you are doing when you book, at the time you register for a promo then you do need to make sure that any existing stays are going to qualify

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.