FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:28 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I am so frustrated with IHG's technology right now....

And thus, I never rebooked the stay to make it valid for the promotion.

I'm so sick of having to sort thru every little detail and fight with their systems all the time. I stayed at an inconvenient hotel to hit this promotion...
It's certainly frustrating that they don't just make all stays during the promo period valid regardless of when they were booked.

It is also understandable that they don't want to give out bonus points if you were going to book that stay anyway.

The other side of the issue, of course, is that people may book elsewhere because you can get a sure deal at a non-IHG hotel now instead of waiting to see what a future promo will be. I am currently avoiding IHG for the hotels I will need in June, whereas if I knew that booking now would still count to whatever promo IHG dreams up for next quarter, then I might have booked with IHG already. I may or may not rebook when a future IHG promo is announced.

Apparently you booked this January stay before registering, i.e. you didn't know the targets you had to hit. This means you didn't stay at an inconvenient hotel to hit the promotion.

IHG's T&Cs may be annoying, but it looks like it was your fault for forgetting to set a reminder to rebook - you know exactly what you are doing when you book, at the time you register for a promo then you do need to make sure that any existing stays are going to qualify