Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Quick question about the following offer:

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card. Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

I also had a "Stay for less and earn." So I completed the "stay for less and earn" by purchasing the points with my IHG rewards club credit card, and completed the stay (points plus cash). I did receive the points for "stay for less and earn," but not the 1500 pts for the credit card purchase.

I called customer service, and was told the point+cash night doesnt count as a "stay," but the purchasing of the points portion with the IHG credit card would count.... but he really didnt sound sure.

Can anyone confirm? If you buy the points with your IHG card, will it count? ....if not I need to pay for my room tomorrow night with my personal vs. corporate card.

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Quick question about the following offer:

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card. Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

I also had a "Stay for less and earn." So I completed the "stay for less and earn" by purchasing the points with my IHG rewards club credit card, and completed the stay (points plus cash). I did receive the points for "stay for less and earn," but not the 1500 pts for the credit card purchase.

I called customer service, and was told the point+cash night doesnt count as a "stay," but the purchasing of the points portion with the IHG credit card would count.... but he really didnt sound sure.

Can anyone confirm? If you buy the points with your IHG card, will it count? ....if not I need to pay for my room tomorrow night with my personal vs. corporate card.

Thanks!
That's been discussed many times within this thread.

Book and pay requires you pay the room rate with your card. Points + cash stays at IHG are just a disguised way of buying points: You buy the points in one step, and then it turns into a pure points reservation after that. So there's nothing you paid the hotel, and thus it doesn't qualify for the "use your card for a stay" task, since all you used your card for (if you did a cash + points stay) was to "buy points" from IHG itself.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Originally Posted by citygourmande
After an email chaser for an update on the status of my query, IHG have credited me the missing points (1,500 for credit card spend and 25,400 for achievement bonus).

The dashboard still shows these tasks as incomplete though. Not complaining since I've now got the points!
Good result. Reminds me I must contact the service centre. I've stayed in at least 3 different IHG properties all paid with my IHG credit card and still this task hasn't triggered! It's just that and 2 nights I need to finish, but the last two nights aren't until 12/13 April which is dangerously near the end of the period, after which the dashboard disappears and there's no way to see what has and hasn't tracked and complain accordingly !!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Oh yes, meant to ask - is there any consistency to the number of "welcome bonus" points you get? Since being platinum I normally get 500 but the last stay was only 300 ! It seems much better value to claim a free drink instead, which I will do from now on
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
Oh yes, meant to ask - is there any consistency to the number of "welcome bonus" points you get? Since being platinum I normally get 500 but the last stay was only 300 ! It seems much better value to claim a free drink instead, which I will do from now on
​​​​​​​does it not depend on the hotel chain you stay in, being platinum as well, I get 300 at HIX and 600 at CP, Indigo
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:08 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Are we expecting another accelerate for Q2 or do they skip this one? Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Hi,

I have received bonus points, with the description:

"Accelerate KNR Double Points"

Which matches the base spend at an IC stay from a week ago.

This is weird as, while I am registered for Accelerate and have completed 6/7 offers, NONE of them offer double points!

Anyone know what this offer is?

Thanks,
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by rhivolution

Who knows, there wasn't any last year.
I don't think there was any promo at all during the month of May last year
and the next accelerate started June 1st.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Just completed 7 of 8 tasks (excluding the credit card offer), gaining 57,400 out of 59,400 points.

One of the tasks - booking through the mobile app - was a bit fickle. Only 2 out of 3 stays booked through mobile were correctly detected by the accelerate tracker.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Who knows, there wasn't any last year.
I don't think there was any promo at all during the month of May last year
and the next accelerate started June 1st.
It depends where you're based.

See, while in Jan-Apr and Sep-Dec IHG runs the same Accelerate promo worldwide, in the summer they split promos with different names and different dates for different regions:
(They've done such a summer split for two years now IIRC.)

So while outside the Americas the next Accelerate may have started in June, in the Americas it didn't start until September:
but the Share Forever promotion started in May.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Hi,

I have received bonus points, with the description:

"Accelerate KNR Double Points"

Which matches the base spend at an IC stay from a week ago.

This is weird as, while I am registered for Accelerate and have completed 6/7 offers, NONE of them offer double points!

Anyone know what this offer is?

Thanks,
I got the same bonus points with the same description and don't know why.

My extra points correspond to the base points for my two night stay that I did for the MC Priceless Experiences promo. I did not get it for any other stays in the first quarter.

I'm not complaining, just happy. Mb it's tied to the promo inserts we get with our room keys at some hotels advertising the Accelerate Promotion? The inserts tell us to log in, but usually nothing happens for me when I do.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I didn't get the email about Accellerate until Feb. 4 or so, registered right away. I had a stay on Jan. 29 that would satisfy another task and get me a bonus, if it counts. Dashboard not showing it counts. Should I call IHG and plead with them?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're based in the Americas (except not Quebec ), and don't care that it's not called "Accelerate", here you go:
(The current thread title says "2 stays" but it's actually "2 nights". Hopefully that will soon be corrected.)

It runs from mid-April to mid-May, ie the month after the current Accelerate ends.

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 3, 2017 at 7:03 pm Reason: updated link since linked thread's title had been changed
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I didn't get the email about Accellerate until Feb. 4 or so, registered right away. I had a stay on Jan. 29 that would satisfy another task and get me a bonus, if it counts. Dashboard not showing it counts. Should I call IHG and plead with them?
Yes, you should call. You will get the Philippines call center probably. You have a chance. Good luck.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
There is one small promotion for those in Asia (exclude Greater China), Middle East and Africa:

Earn your free nights faster with up to 40,000 bonus points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.