Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Apparently you booked this January stay before registering, i.e. you didn't know the targets you had to hit. This means you didn't stay at an inconvenient hotel to hit the promotion.

IHG's T&Cs may be annoying, but it looks like it was your fault for forgetting to set a reminder to rebook - you know exactly what you are doing when you book, at the time you register for a promo then you do need to make sure that any existing stays are going to qualify
uhh- isnt that a bit of too much straight forward truth at one time?!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Just go here and you will see everything

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...2017/dashboard
Thanks I can see it now - but curiously my IHG account under Offers says "There are no registered offers"
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: IHG
Has everything posted for everyone yet?

I have a stay which the confirmation for was deleted by the hotel (long story) and the stay had to be put on manually after Accelerate finished and it's not showing on as triggering two offers it should have done.

Reason I ask is everyone on here seems to be the opinion of sweep having been done but my account still is not accounting for the manually entered stay.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JustinIreland

I have a stay which the confirmation for was deleted by the hotel (long story) and the stay had to be put on manually after Accelerate finished and it's not showing on as triggering two offers it should have done.

Reason I ask is everyone on here seems to be the opinion of sweep having been done but my account still is not accounting for the manually entered stay.
​​​​​​​I have not been 'swept' yet, my last stay was the night of 10th Apr, normal points rec'd 12th, accelerate not updated or any bonus points rec'd yet
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond

No. Stays that I took in the last week of the promotion are not reflected anywhere on the Accelerate side of things (The normal stays and points have posted, but nothing in Accelerate or my account for tasks that were completed by those stays)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:08 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Accelerate closed out today for me

Accelerate finally updated today for me. I wasn't expecting it, since my 24th night was the last night of the promo, with checkout on April 14, but it went through.

Points Earned
81,400 of 81,400 points
Completed Offers
9 of 9
Days Left

The next promo for 15 nights in one month is ridiculous. Time to work on keeping my Marriott Platinum status for this year!
Note: The last HIE stay got me bed bug bites on my back, arm and neck. Complaint to the front desk netted me 500 extra points.
For someone sitting on over 1.3 million points, it is kind of insulting.

-outoftown,
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Everything posted for me today. Hit all the marks for the 2nd time in a row. I'll get the Spring bonus...barely. Wish they'd get serious with the next promotion though. I have a ton of travel in June and I really hate rebooking stays because of the T&C of when stays start counting. Need another 30,000 points for an award booking in Queenstown. May split some stays and book with Hilton, but they're being stingy too.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:34 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Apparently you booked this January stay before registering, i.e. you didn't know the targets you had to hit. This means you didn't stay at an inconvenient hotel to hit the promotion.
I booked after registering and before January - before someone on FT noticed the booking date requirement.

And when I searched back for the confirmation, to see when I had booked it, the only thing I had ever received from IHG was the reminder e-mail, which looked like a confirmation, with a January date, so I assumed I had already rebooked it.

My fault but oh so frustrating.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
I'm still waiting for the "Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card" to track. I contacted IHG in the past and they said it would count on a February stay rather than a January one (I may have booked the Feb first so that's probably why) and to come back again if it's not tracked 8 weeks after the stay posted. This time has now passed so I have just emailed them again.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by perthite
No. Stays that I took in the last week of the promotion are not reflected anywhere on the Accelerate side of things (The normal stays and points have posted, but nothing in Accelerate or my account for tasks that were completed by those stays)
Accelerate has been updated for me this morning with the last stay on 12 April - 8 out of 8 completed and 43,900 total points. Bye bye IHG Barclaycard - I will miss you - and, reluctantly, hello IHG Creation Mastercard.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
I kinda lost interest in these IHG challenges after the first one or two as I'm primarily a SW guy and the challenges became utterly unfeasible with my travel footprint. Registered for this on a whim and saw that my tasks were really doable, nearly 60,000pts for seven tasks, the hardest being six nights. My work took me to somewhere surprisingly with no SWs (I'm looking at you, Naples, FL!) so thought why not and burned five nights and then did a mattress run for the last stay for 35 bucks near Shanghai.

Tasks:
-6 nights
-3 brands
-2 app bookings
-initial stay
-$40 food spend
-country stay
-completion bonus
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: IHG
Still nothing for me.

Won't hit the completion bonus this quarter anyway, because of the requirement to use corporate account rate (I've changed jobs) and the requirement to stay 8 nights in a quarter (actually stayed more than that, however lots of PointBreak nights which don't qualify and points + cash taking advantage of the discount that don't qualify either)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
My dashboard has updated overnight, just waiting for the points now
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
My last two stays were HIX and HI on 14/04-15/04 and 15/04-16/04 respectively. Both booked under Your Rate via the website.

The final stay hasn't yet posted (which I need for all the bonuses to stack up).

The other thing is that the 'Stay 2 nights with Your Rate' challenge doesn't show any progress at all, even though the HIX stay booked under that has already registered in the dashboard. I'd expect it to say 50%.

This 'Your Rate' business worries me. I had an IC stay in January and thought it was Your Rate but it didn't register at all.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by igc324
Accelerate has been updated for me this morning with the last stay on 12 April - 8 out of 8 completed and 43,900 total points. Bye bye IHG Barclaycard - I will miss you - and, reluctantly, hello IHG Creation Mastercard.
My dashboard updated in the last 12 hours, now for the points to come....

(I did miscalculate one, so I dropped one task. Fortunately didn't need that one to get the completion bonus)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.