Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
..I must contact the service centre. I've stayed in at least 3 different IHG properties all paid with my IHG credit card and still this task hasn't triggered!
Well they've told me the stay that will count is one from February, not January (I guess I might have booked that one earlier, can't see why else they would have chosen it). I have to wait until 8 weeks after the points posted before reporting a problem.

Also, regarding my off-topic question (apologies)
Originally Posted by Saral
​​​​​​​does it not depend on the hotel chain you stay in, being platinum as well, I get 300 at HIX and 600 at CP, Indigo
Could be, although I have had 500 points at an HIX (and also a free drink thrown in, as they'd kept me waiting a while to check-in!)

Cheers
TT
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Check in April 15 , check out April 16 qualifies

Searching thru this thread, there's been back and forth on whether check-in on Apr 15 counts. - I called IHG and rep confirmed it does. I asked for a confirmation email, but haven't gotten it yet. - She said it can take 24 hours - Let me know if anyone has heard differently about last qualifying promo day.

Btw, my challenge to complete 2 HI stays required staying at 2 different hotels. Good thing I double-checked or I would have missed the final bonus.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:29 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
My final stay required for this promo has posted as non-qualifying with 0 points, but it was a flexible YOUR RATE booked on the IHG app and paid in cash at check-out.

What is the latest advice on how to fix this?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Credit Card Task - Creative ways to accomplish?

I am one task away from unlocking "Your Achievement Bonus -Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 17,000 bonus points."

My easiest remaining task is "Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card - Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms"

I have no travel planned before the deadline, and don't want to do a mattress run unless I have to. Can I prepay for a future stay (the stay itself would be in June) now to complete this task? Are there any other creative ways to accomplish this?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by :D!
My final stay required for this promo has posted as non-qualifying with 0 points, but it was a flexible YOUR RATE booked on the IHG app and paid in cash at check-out.

What is the latest advice on how to fix this?
Chase CS Helpdesk for justification. Supposed to be valid on YOUR RATE. Doubt wrongly posted. Happened to mine quite many times but settled after reinstate. Good luck!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by patmcpsu
I have no travel planned before the deadline, and don't want to do a mattress run unless I have to. Can I prepay for a future stay (the stay itself would be in June) now to complete this task? Are there any other creative ways to accomplish this?
No. Stay must be 'consumed' during the dates of the promotion.

The June stay will likely somehow count toward whatever the June-July-August promotion is.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by patmcpsu
I am one task away from unlocking "Your Achievement Bonus -Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 17,000 bonus points."

My easiest remaining task is "Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card - Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms"

The only creative way would be if you know someone who needs an IHG room near you. Then you book the room (in your name put listing them as an additional guest), you go to the hotel with that person to check in and pay for the room, but that person is who stays at the hotel, and go home for the night. They don't go to the front desk to check out, you call the front desk after they've checked out and say you checked out. (And then they can repay for the room, perhaps with a discount since you're getting all these bonus points out of the deal.) In that case, it's not a pure mattress run, and to the hotel it looks like your stay. But it requires a lot of things lining up for that to work with only a dozen or so days left in the promo period.

I'm confused, why did you not pay for any of the stays that were for your other tasks with your IHG credit card? Surely one or more of the tasks you completed were for paid stays, and if you had just used that card for one of those, you would have "double dipped" multiple tasks with that one stay.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hi all, sorry is this has been asked before.

The T&C states - Each Offer must be completed between 1 January 2017 and 15 April 2017(both dates inclusive)

Does this mean a stay on 15th April checking out 16th April will or will not be qualifying for accelerate?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Originally Posted by booogle
Hi all, sorry is this has been asked before.

The T&C states - Each Offer must be completed between 1 January 2017 and 15 April 2017(both dates inclusive)

Does this mean a stay on 15th April checking out 16th April will or will not be qualifying for accelerate?
This is answered in post 527, just a few posts before yours.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by LizGross144
This is answered in post 527, just a few posts before yours.
Great, thanks! I searched but that didn't come up :-)
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
My final points just posted and was credited 7 days after the last stay, completing the 6 night requirement and the bonus for achieving all. This has gone towards my honeymoon in HNL, hopefully as its a points redemption this should mean no resort fees!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Can someone remind me how I can find the progress chart for this version of Accelerate? I haven't participated much, just 3 paid Intercontinental nights and 1 reward Holiday Inn night (at JFK airport, was awful). But it would be interesting to be able to check on and see my offer status!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Concerto
Can someone remind me how I can find the progress chart for this version of Accelerate? I haven't participated much, just 3 paid Intercontinental nights and 1 reward Holiday Inn night (at JFK airport, was awful). But it would be interesting to be able to check on and see my offer status!
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...2017/dashboard
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks very much, EDIflyer, it's good to have that again. I will probably sit out the next promotion too, as I just don't need to do so many hotel nights next quarter. I am also hoping to drive down my task challenges this way.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IHG, HH
Still haven't had my accelerate achievements triggered from end of March stays... sent missing points request. Will see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.