Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:43 pm
MKB

Originally Posted by scubaccr
1)hotel can tell, the app (i use ipad app) reservation has a flagg on it to show boked via IHG App.
Since my previous posting, I have had several email exchanges with IHG, most with agents whose replies demonstrated a complete lack of understanding.

I have been told in various responses:

- Both the two contentious stays were booked on a desktop.
- The first stay was booked on a desktop but the second stay was booked on the App (but with no intent to correct the posting for the second stay).
- The first stay was booked on a phone but using ihg.com rather than the app.

It seems to me the agents are just making random guesses as to how the stays were booked, to account for the mis-flagging of the reservation as non-App.

I do know that the first stay was a non-cancellable rate where I accidentally booked the room with two single beds, so I called the hotel immediately and they agreed to change the room type. I suspect that may have something to do with the way this reservation is being wrongly flagged by IHG IT. Incidentally, one agent stated categorically that no changes had been made to this reservation since I made it, so they are wrong on that too.

The last response I had was that they were investigating with a project co-ordinator, but that was a week ago.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
IHG Accelerate Offer

For the bonus weekend stay, for stays in the Middle East region, would the weekday nights be the same as "a Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night?"

A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

The reason for asking is that weekend definition in the Middle East is different to western world.

Appreciate IHG Reward members clarification on the above?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
For the bonus weekend stay, for stays in the Middle East region, would the weekday nights be the same as "a Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night?"

A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

The reason for asking is that weekend definition in the Middle East is different to western world.

Appreciate IHG Reward members clarification on the above?
have you clicked on the T and C's for this specific task, it usually clarifies it there
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
As you can see,it's not very specific to regional definition and since Middle East weekend includes Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the T&C doesn't state this.

Here are the terms of this bonus so appreciate if someone could advise more on how this works for stays in Middle East region:

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after member books and completes the required number of Qualifying Stays, including a Saturday Stay and for a minimum of 2 nights, between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or Hualuxe™ hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts®, Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn® brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand. A Saturday Stay is defined as any Stay with an unlimited number of nights having a Saturday night included within the Stay period. The Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

For the current Accelerate promotion, for the weekend stay, I am planning to stay at IC in Doha in early April on Saturday and Sunday but need to be aware of any specific regional definition of weekend stay for this promotion that may be applicable for the Middle East region properties.

As I am a member based in Asia and staying on the weekend nights in Doha as specified above, based on the wordings of this promotion, it is not clear on the definition as the T&C does not clearly state the difference by region.

Appreciate if I could get clarification from IHG Rewards luckers.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 12, 2017 at 6:01 am
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Husband's "Pay with IHG card" task has already posted for our mid-February stay, which triggered the Achievement bonus, which has already posted. Pleased with the IT for us on this promotion.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:18 pm
Suspended

From how I am reading this, if the T&C doesn't mention any specifics about Middle East weekend definition and that one needs to include Saturday night (which also happens to be a weekend night in the Middle East), then I should be safe if the stay falls in on Saturday for 2 nights.

However, it would be nice for IHG Rewards to point this out for their Middle East members and those that have stays coming in the region but based in overseas.

In conclusion, IHG Rewards has a loooong wayyyy to go with its program as it continues to remain one of the weakest of the majors out there. No lounge access or benefits for Sphire members is simply unacceptable.

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
For the current Accelerate promotion, for the weekend stay, I am planning to stay at IC in Doha in early April on Saturday and Sunday but need to be aware of any specific regional definition of weekend stay for this promotion that may be applicable for the Middle East region properties.

As I am a member based in Asia and staying on the weekend nights in Doha as specified above, based on the wordings of this promotion, it is not clear on the definition as the T&C does not clearly state the difference by region.

Appreciate if I could get clarification from IHG Rewards luckers.

A BONUS WEEKEND STAY

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after member books and completes the required number of Qualifying Stays, including a Saturday Stay and for a minimum of 2 nights, between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or Hualuxe™ hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts®, Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn® brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand. A Saturday Stay is defined as any Stay with an unlimited number of nights having a Saturday night included within the Stay period. The Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 12, 2017 at 6:02 am
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Any IHG experts have any idea when to expect Accelerate offers for post-April 15 bookings/stays?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jaymar01
Any IHG experts have any idea when to expect Accelerate offers for post-April 15 bookings/stays?
If memory serves, there's been a gap of a few weeks before the summer Share Forever promo kicks off for the Americans the last two years. Don't recall what the terms for rest of the world seasonal promotion were.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
My "Pay with IHG Rewards Club credit card" target still hasn't been posted from a stay on 13 January. Here's the correspondence with IHG so far:

Me: Bonus points not posted yet for this stay (giving reference number etc).
IHG: Please confirm last four digits of the CC used.
Me: xxxx
IHG: Please allow up to 8 weeks after check-out for the dashboard to be updated.
Me: It has been over 8 weeks.

Only need this target met to trigger the achievement bonus...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:02 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Dashboard updated to completed for all tasks / 30k points today. Now just waiting for the remaining 25k points to post to my account. Happy! Bring on the next one...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: IHG
Anyone had any problems with this one?

A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required. Terms
I stayed a Saturday and Sunday Night using reward nights for both nights, the terms state nothing that it has to be a cash booking as far as I can see

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...7/terms.wkxx.4

All of my other tasks have updated, but the weekend stay I took as a reward night hasn't posted as completing this task. IHG claim that reward nights don't count towards this, but there is nothing in the T&C's that suggests they are right.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by JustinIreland
I stayed a Saturday and Sunday Night using reward nights for both nights, the terms state nothing that it has to be a cash booking as far as I can see

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...7/terms.wkxx.4
It's right there in the terms at the page you linked:

A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental® , Crowne Plaza® , Hotel Indigo® , Holiday Inn® , Holiday Inn Express® , Staybridge Suites® , Candlewood Suites® , EVEN® or HUALUXE™ hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaymar01
There is more chance to be a DOUBLE POINTS/MILES promotion after this accelerate. IHG used to have very dull summer promotion as they know they can get away with murder with high demand in summer times. Mostly likely to be a May - August/September double points offer followed by October-December winter accelerate offer.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
After multiple weeks, my offers are now showing green check boxes next to them... PROGRESS! I made the false assumption that once the offers showed as completed, the points would post. How much of a delay can I expect once the offers show as completed? Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
After multiple weeks, my offers are now showing green check boxes next to them... PROGRESS! I made the false assumption that once the offers showed as completed, the points would post. How much of a delay can I expect once the offers show as completed? Thanks!
My own experience ranged between 3-14 working days...Very random. All depends on when they update their own system. I have a suspicion that they update the progress every 10-14 working days. Just a guess so. Other people may have different experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.