Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by watery
My non-elite list:
1,000: 1 stay
5,000: 5 stays
12,000: Stay in any country in North/South/Central America, Caribbean, Asia Pacific (Except China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East, Africa and Europe
600: Spend $39 on food or beverages
Bonus:
21,400: Complete 3 of the 4 offers
1,000: Book and stay once in January
A one-night stay in Japan plus breakfast added at the premise (slightly more than breakfast rate) have checked the 35,000 points I have targeted about 10 days after. Without intervention I call this a miracle. Actual (bonus) points not posted yet but I'm not worried for now.

Btw my untouched "book and stay once in January" have been silently changed to "book and stay once in March". That stay didn't trigger it though, coz it was a prepaid rate booked in Feb. Just saying, can't complain.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by citygourmande
My "Pay with IHG Rewards Club credit card" target still hasn't been posted from a stay on 13 January. Here's the correspondence with IHG so far:

Me: Bonus points not posted yet for this stay (giving reference number etc).
IHG: Please confirm last four digits of the CC used.
Me: xxxx
IHG: Please allow up to 8 weeks after check-out for the dashboard to be updated.
Me: It has been over 8 weeks.

Only need this target met to trigger the achievement bonus...
I had a similar situation. Was completing three tasks with one stay.

First one got the green check in a few days. Second task about a week later. And finally the "Pay with IHG cc" took two weeks from the day I checked out.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by watery
A one-night stay in Japan plus breakfast added at the premise (slightly more than breakfast rate) have checked the 35,000 points I have targeted about 10 days after. Without intervention I call this a miracle. Actual (bonus) points not posted yet but I'm not worried for now.

Btw my untouched "book and stay once in January" have been silently changed to "book and stay once in March". That stay didn't trigger it though, coz it was a prepaid rate booked in Feb. Just saying, can't complain.
Update: everything just posted today, 2 weeks after checkout and 3 days after tasks checked. Also, points for "book and stay once in March" posted despite not being checked in Accelerate listing. What a day.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Finally had recent stay show up on Accelerate page and (as I feared might be the case) - isn't showing up as app booking, thus 4/5 task bonus points also not showing. Hotel had pre-upgraded (after previous customer service issues) to Exec room, but as a result I'm pretty sure this wiped whatever was on the booking that said it was an app booking. Had discussed the previous service issues with IHG Care as well as hotel though and clear at that point it was an app booking so am hoping they see sense...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Like last year, obvious errors appear on my “Fast forward” promotion dashboard : for example, the week-end bonus does not appear, despite numerous stays on week-ends.

Same story for stays booked through the IHG app.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Finally had recent stay show up on Accelerate page and (as I feared might be the case) - isn't showing up as app booking, thus 4/5 task bonus points also not showing. Hotel had pre-upgraded (after previous customer service issues) to Exec room, but as a result I'm pretty sure this wiped whatever was on the booking that said it was an app booking. Had discussed the previous service issues with IHG Care as well as hotel though and clear at that point it was an app booking so am hoping they see sense...
Well full credit to IHG Care email team! I sent an email this evening and had a reply one hour later saying they have verified the stay in question to be a qualifying night and said that should mark the sub-offer 'Travel with the IHG app' complete. They said to allow three weeks from today for the points to be posted and for the dashboard to be updated and to contact them if it doesn't happen.

Wow! ^ ^
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Actually, upon re-reading, both nights should count as overnight 15/16th is still eligible, being the final night of the promotion. My apologies for misleading you, though you may want to contact IHG directly to confirm this.
Did anyone get a definitive answer from IHG whether the night of April 15th/16th would count towards promo?

The terms are not 100% clear. I have previously received the January bonus for checking in on January 31st and out on February 1st during Accelerate Q1 2016 so guessing it is OK..
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:27 pm

I've heard that the difficulty of your challenge depends on if you accomplished the previous quarters challenge. I guess that make sense. Anyway, my offer includes "stay 20 nights get 40,000 points" which is obviously the big ticket reward I want but with how many nights I have right now isn't possible. I can however get the achievement bonus by getting 4/5 offers complete. I would need to book a bonus points package which would net me 9,600 points(3,600 for the offer and 6,000 for the achievement bonus). What are everyones thoughts on if this would be worth it? 9,600 points would be okay but if that screws me over for the Q2 2017 promotion then probably wouldn't be worth it I guess.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:36 am

Sadly their IT doesn't seem that consistent so it's difficult to predict. I've had some quarters where I've earned zero in Accelerate and still had rubbish offers the next quarter (when you'd expect them to have been easier). I've got for all except stay bonus thus time as I got 36,000 for two one-night stays so thought it was a decent return. Will see what they give me next time. Just have to make a value call really on whether you feel the offer is decent and easy enough to achieve...
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I'd heard the difficulty of your challenge relates to the same time frame the previous year...but who knows
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
I've heard that the difficulty of your challenge depends on if you accomplished the previous quarters challenge. I guess that make sense. Anyway, my offer includes "stay 20 nights get 40,000 points" which is obviously the big ticket reward I want but with how many nights I have right now isn't possible. I can however get the achievement bonus by getting 4/5 offers complete. I would need to book a bonus points package which would net me 9,600 points(3,600 for the offer and 6,000 for the achievement bonus). What are everyones thoughts on if this would be worth it? 9,600 points would be okay but if that screws me over for the Q2 2017 promotion then probably wouldn't be worth it I guess.
Originally Posted by Saral
I'd heard the difficulty of your challenge relates to the same time frame the previous year...but who knows
There's a time lag between when they calculate what your tasks will be for a given cycle and when it's announced. That was clear to me when they gave me the exact same tasks for 1Q 2017 as for 4Q 2016 because I didn't complete my 4Q 2016 tasks until December 2016 at which point they had to already calculate my 1Q 2017 tasks.

So they look back at your past activity in general, but I don't think it's predictable with a fine-tooth comb exactly how far back they start and stop looking.

What is clear is that if you consistently stay "very little" (paid) at IHG, because you're just barely maxing out the "easiest" 3/4 or 4/5 tasks on each promo and not doing much of any other paid IHG stays, you tend to get very easy promos cycle after cycle, while if you consistently stay "a lot" (paid) at iHG, your promos tend to "push" you to do even more.

It's very hard to get enough clear datapoints (with enough detail) for people whose paid IHG stay patterns are very inconsistent to figure out how exactly it might work in those cases.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glad to see things are updating fasted than they used to, at least in my experience. My stay from 3/13-3/15 is now showing as completed on the Accelerate Page for the March Stay Bonus, Book a Stay and Get 3,000 Bonus and use the IHG Card bonus (which I might add did not post last time).
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Booked about March 2 directly on the web site for a March 13-16 stay. I'm showing 'in progress' for the 'Stay More, Earn More' and 'stay Smart Tasks' but neither the 'Book and Stay Once' task nor the March booking 1K bonus points seem to have been triggered. Think this will resolve on its own over the next few days or am I going to have to chase it?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
I think that a real difference exists accelerator wise to IHGers staying < 20nights a year, and able to complete accelerator tasks with eg 3stays=5nights, often those nights only during accelerator promomos, versus guests who have high status from 80-100+ nights a year.

I have found whether I complete all tasks or x of n tasks to trigger final bonus or not doesn't seem to make a difference to the next accelerate targets

Historically my stay pattern is far from equal number of nights per month/quarter.
My accelerator targets as such are more or less aligned to my stay history for the same period 12months earlier.
I say more or less aligned, as the big earner is always "stay more nn nights" and is always stretched, eg stay 30nights 12months ago , I need 33-35 or stay 40nights 12months ago accelerator sets 45nights target.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by citygourmande
My "Pay with IHG Rewards Club credit card" target still hasn't been posted from a stay on 13 January. Here's the correspondence with IHG so far:

Me: Bonus points not posted yet for this stay (giving reference number etc).
IHG: Please confirm last four digits of the CC used.
Me: xxxx
IHG: Please allow up to 8 weeks after check-out for the dashboard to be updated.
Me: It has been over 8 weeks.

Only need this target met to trigger the achievement bonus...

After an email chaser for an update on the status of my query, IHG have credited me the missing points (1,500 for credit card spend and 25,400 for achievement bonus).

The dashboard still shows these tasks as incomplete though. Not complaining since I've now got the points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.