Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Crowne Plaza Jerusalem

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room with points on a PointsBreak, upgraded to Club Room on 16th floor without Club access

How are the rooms?
The room was recently refurbished, with modern yet conservative decor. The room had a tiny balcony, which afforded a stunning view of Jerusalem and the surrounding area. The bathroom was also refurbished, but to a lesser quality (in my opinion). The toilet had a leak in the flushing mechanism which caused a constant, but minor stream of water to flow into the bowl. Did not affect our rest. There is a minibar, however we were outraged by a sign demanding $5 per night to store personal items in it!

How is the exec. lounge?
We didn't have access. It is essentially closed from Friday afternoon until Saturday night (the Jewish Sabbath), and our stay fell on that time, so the lounge would have been pointless anyway. From what I gather, on the Sabbath, they only leave out non-alcoholic beverages, with no food offerings.

What was good

-This is the tallest building in Jerusalem: stunning views.
-Nice upgrade on a points stay
-Offered drink+snack voucher upon check-in for being Platinum
-Overall helpful staff
-Bountiful breakfast, impressive dinner

What was bad?
-Audacity to charge $5 a night for storing items in minibar
-Parking costs about $10/night
-Meal costs are highway robbery level if not purchased as a bundle with the room ($55 per person for dinner, $30 for breakfast)
-Was not credited points for my spends, had to get IHG involved

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Superb value for a PointsBreak. Would definitely return.

Personal notes:
IHG in Israel is known to be stingy with the upgrades and perks. It's best to email the hotel in advance and ask what you can expect to receive with your status. This particular hotel still has rooms that haven't undergone refurbishment. Those rooms are extremely poor value for your money and you must make sure not to get one!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park

Platinum

Yes

Booked KING BED SUPERIOR NONSMOKING and was upgraded to KING BED DELUXE NONSMOKING with Club Lounge access

How are the rooms?
Recently renovated room that was up to date and had an excellent bathroom

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent. Breakfast from 6:30 to 10:30 included quite a few hot options plus an egg and waffle station. Happy hour in the evenings from 5 to 8 with generous pours.

What was good and what was bad?
Platinum recognition at this property is excellent with Club access and a welcome drink redeemable for a wide range of options including cocktails like a Singapore Sling in the Finishing Post bar. They even have a postcard they present at check-in listing out the benefits, and the drink coupon is attached.

Airport transfers are done in a late model hotel BMW 5 series which is nice.

Only downside is the spa is quite basic with the treatments being unremarkable. They were offering 25% off all spa treatments, but even then there are better value options in Bangkok.

Good IHG Rewards Club prepaid promo rate and would be happy to return.

Last edited by Coathanger; Dec 24, 2014 at 11:48 pm Reason: Add title
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:08 am

Crowne Plaza Jakarta

Platinum

No

Booked STANDARD ROOM and was told I had been upgraded two levels at check in.

How are the rooms?
Dated. The bathroom in particular is a throwback to the early 90's.

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

What was good and what was bad?
This one night stay completed my IHG Into The Nights promo tasks, but that's about where the good ends.

At checkin there was no record of my IHG Rewards Club number with the staff first being surprised that I was already a member, and then after being prompted on Platinum benefits was surprised to learn I was a Platinum elite. This is despite the booking being done on ihg.com directly with my membership number attached at booking.

It was also a prepaid rate yet my credit card was not charged until checkout despite it being booked a few months ago. Not typically an issue but the AUD has dropped a fair bit in that time, and also illustrates the operational issues this hotel seems to have.

Also, the swimming pool and tennis courts are now a large hole in the back as a new development is being built. No pool or gym replacements were communicated at checkin.

Reasonable IHG Rewards Club prepaid promo rate but would not return to this property given the better value options in Jakarta in IHG and other chains.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by moe8555
Crowne Plaza Jerusalem

Booked standard room with points on a PointsBreak, upgraded to Club Room on 16th floor without Club access

How is the exec. lounge?
We didn't have access. It is essentially closed from Friday afternoon until Saturday night (the Jewish Sabbath), and our stay fell on that time, so the lounge would have been pointless anyway. From what I gather, on the Sabbath, they only leave out non-alcoholic beverages, with no food offerings.
Don't you receive club access because it was closed on weekends or because they do not offert club access (I hate having a "club room" if club access is not given)

Originally Posted by moe8555
Crowne Plaza Jerusalem

What was bad?
-Audacity to charge $5 a night for storing items in minibar
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Coathanger
Platinum

No
Reading your review I do not understand why you are not happy with your stay on points (evn if I understand that there are better hotels in town).
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Reading your review I do not understand why you are not happy with your stay on points (evn if I understand that there are better hotels in town).
It wasn't a points redemption. The pre-paid rate was RC EXCLUSIVE BFST which was being offered some months ago as per this blog post.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Don't you receive club access because it was closed on weekends or because they do not offert club access (I hate having a "club room" if club access is not given):
I wasn't offered access, but I didn't bother asking either because I knew it wasn't active.

On the other hand, the Club is on the 21st (top) floor and probably offers beautiful views and a nice, quiet place to relax (even without refreshments).

In this case, believe me: you would want the Club Room even without access. The standard, non-refurbished rooms are a disgrace and not up to Crowne Plaza standards.

In Israel, nearly all IHG hotels never give free access. They do offer a big discount, I think only $30. The exception is Holiday Inn Ashkelon, which dies give free upgrades to Executive Room WITH Lounge access!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Crowne Plaza Marlow

Crowne Plaza Marlow

Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

2 Double Beds - no upgrade recieved.

How are the rooms?
Quite big and nicely decorated. The bathroom was nice and big with a huge bath!

How is the exec. lounge?
No access

What was good
- staff very friendly
- restaurant

What was bad?
-lots of christmas parties in Dec
-no real Platinum benefits apart from the bare minimum

Quite good value and I would definitely return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.