Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jbfield
Crowne Plaza - Liverpool City Centre, UK

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Not really

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Double-Bed Standard Room (Advanced Purchase).
Received Double-Bed Standard Room with view of river.

Clearly has a policy not to upgrade. Felt I was being lied to which was the main issue.

You have an unrealistic entitlement expectation here , it is a room available 1-level upgrade which can include higher floor, nicer view, and need not be a higher room category! That said CP Liverpool does often upgrade room to higher types, and even double upgrade to club room along with lounge access.

Club room is more than a 1-level; upgrade from the base level standard room, and apart from which even if a CP provides a club room upgrade, the CP does not need to allow Lounge access with said Club room. If all the 1-level up rooms from standard are reserved, CP does not have to upfgrade you as there are no available rooms.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Holiday Inn Salzburg City

What is your Priority Club status?
Gold Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked two single beds; got two single beds

How are the rooms? Very large by European standards, ample bathrooms. Furniture was newer and in good condition. Carpets were stains, but they were very old stains and the room passed the 'white sock' test.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good- size of rooms
was greeted as a Gold member with points voucher/drink choice, welcome letter from management and free internet for elites
nice view of pretty nearby neighborhood even though we weren't on the mountain side

Bad- carpet mystery stains; very limited parking especially if you've got a larger car that won't fit in the underground area

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? seemed to be a fair price for accommodations received. I would stay there again if I didn't have a rental car to deal with- the parking frustration kind of bled into an otherwise nice stay
Old May 29, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Holiday Inn Express- London Swiss Cottage

Gold Elite

Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? single class of rooms, but got a room on the back side of the hotel that features a grassy hillside with peeping birds rather than a front side room featuring London traffic noise so I'll call the birdies a preferred room.

How are the rooms? Compact but containing all the necessities. Very clean and well-maintained

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good- one of the lowest priced IHG properties relatively close to many London attractions- great location kitty-corner from Finchley Rd tube stop and across the street from a shopping center with a Sainsbury's and several more affordable dining options. Property is newer and in very good shape

Bad- greeted as elite but no points or drink voucher offered. No big deal for me, but it's what I can think of.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Good price for a location that suited our needs well. Would return again if the price remains right.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Holiday Inn Express and Suites : St. George North - Zion

Platinum Elite

Yes.

Booked standard room - Upgraded to Exe 2 Queen room with Jacuzzi

How are the rooms?
Nice. Basic room really. It has an empty mini fridge and a small microware. The have has a view of the freeway.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good-
-efficient check-in. I was offer 500 points or goodie bag. Took the goodie bag. The bag has a bottle of water and a snack pack (nuts)
-free car parking
-Wifi has decent speed. Sufficient enough for my needs
-free breakfas

Bad-
-Nothing to complain. We know what to expect when we make the reservation

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
-A little pricey but it was over the memorial weekend holiday. I booked F&F rate.
Old May 31, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
CP Manchester City Centre (UK)

Gold Elite.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Booked a King Bed Club Room and were given the same room but on the corner of the Hotel so the room was absolutely enormous. I have stayed at Club Level in this Hotel before and would consider the room we got, an "upgrade" from the others I have stayed in.

How are the rooms?
The room was massive. It had a King Bed, desk and chair, two lounger type chairs and floor to ceiling windows. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided and there was an in room safe, along with an iron and ironing board.

The bathroom was large, with Villeroy and Boch stamped on everything. It exuded elegance and was stocked with Prija bathroom amenities.

How is the Executive Lounge?
As my fiancée and I were staying here for our engagement, we didn't have time to use the CL, but it did look very clean and well stocked when we passed.

Good
Recognition of IHG status at check-in.
Large room/upgrade
Big floor to ceiling windows offering lots of light
Friendliness of Hotel staff at check-in & check-out.

Bad
Poor WIFI (no excuse for a CP Hotel)

Value for £ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes. Very competitive rates for Manchester City Centre on a Sunday night.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:29 am

Hotel: Holiday Inn Express Buckhead, GA (Sidney Marcus)

Platinum

Yes.

I got the best room in the hotel I think, room 610. It is a 2 room suite, with a living room. Complete with couch, 2 chairs, dining room table, end tables, two TV's, and more. It was great. The room even had 10 or 12ft tall ceilings.

How are the rooms?
The decor was great, the furnishings were still in mostly good shape. 610 is a big room, so plenty large for me.

The bathroom had a nice shower, with an all glass door that you opened to access the all-stone shower.

How is the Executive Lounge?
N/A

Good
Recognition of IHG status at check-in.
Large room/upgrade
Big floor to ceiling windows offering lots of light
Friendliness of Hotel staff at check-in & check-out.

Bad
I honestly have no complaints for this place.

Value for £ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes. Very competitive rates.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by iFlip23
Booked a King Bed Club Room and were given the same room
Always book cheapest rate at this property and receive club room with club access.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, VS Silver, Le Club Gold,
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Always book cheapest rate at this property and receive club room with club access.

Is this due to your RA status? We've stayed at this property numerous times and have never received any recognition. Wouldn't even say we receive a better room or location, always seem to have a fairly long walk to our room!

Told once that due to the number of platinum members staying they are unable to upgrade.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by JockBoyle
Is this due to your RA status? We've stayed at this property numerous times and have never received any recognition. Wouldn't even say we receive a better room or location, always seem to have a fairly long walk to our room!

Told once that due to the number of platinum members staying they are unable to upgrade.
I have received a junior suite after booking a club room, and usually get upgraded to club.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Originally Posted by nicolas75
That's probably due to your level of status. As a GE they don't have to upgrade, but I have been lucky in the properties that I have stayed in that I have received a few upgrades, or the same rooms, but bigger ones on the corners of Hotels.

The Hotel actually did a few in room things for my fiancée and I as we stayed there the night of our Engagement party. Champagne, "duck towels" etc.

It's the little things that make all the difference. GE, upgraded to a corner room. Didn't need to do anything but made us both feel exceptionally welcome.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:37 am

Hotel Indigo Dusseldorf - Victoriaplatz

Hotel Indigo Dusseldorf - Victoriaplatz Germany

Platinum Elite

Yes. Very happy.

Booked standard room - upgraded to King executive
The desk said there was a suprise in the room.
There was a voucher for dinner and dessert for 2 persons.
We ate for almost the value of the room

How are the rooms?
Nice. It was a large room with a separate desk in the corner.
Smaller bathroom but good size shower.
Exellent boxspring. Slept very well.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good
-efficient check-in with platinum recognition
- very clean

Bad-
- expensive parking

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Would definitely return.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: Some
Staybridge Suites Denver Int'l Airport (Denver, CO)

Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport (Tower Road, Denver, CO)

This was a leisure trip and a one-night stay before our flight out of DEN the next morning.

What is your IHG/Priority Club status?
Platinum.

It was okay, but it could have been better.

Booked Standard Room.
Received a One Bedroom King Suite.

How are the rooms?
The room was fine, a typical Staybridge room. The bedroom was a bit tight but nothing to complain about. The room was clean; the furnishings did not seem worn or old.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

Good
- Clean and comfortable room.
- Friendly shuttle driver and maintenance person.
- Shuttle was prompt and quick.
- Packaged items (i.e. granola bars, packaged muffins) placed in lobby for those leaving for airport before breakfast time started.

Bad
- Front Desk staff could have been friendlier.
- Absolutely no IHG Elite recognition. When I inquired about a platinum amenity I was categorically refused by (I assume because it was a reward stay--which is contrary to two other reward stays from April/May. The hotel addressed this after I completed the post-stay survey).
- The smoke detector beeped intermittently, which required maintenance to have to come replace the 9V (but see above).
- Even though this was a reward stay, my credit card was still charged (which required further communications with the hotel) and it took the hotel five days to finally authorize the removal of that charge.

Value for $ or IHG Points? Would you return?
Stayed with IHG points. Given the price for the night I thought we got a good value for our points, which I don't mind using. But I probably wouldn't return.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Crowne Plaza Zurich

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked cheapest advance rate and received a deluxe room

How are the rooms?
Shoe box size (less than 25 sqm) but renovated in a clean corporate design
Flat screen with good selection of international channels
Bathroom with bathtub
Small open closet
Mineral water and excellent Läderach chocolate
Fast wifi
Very quiet (view over a courtyard surrounded by 70s ugly buildings, with lack of privacy as the buildings are quite close)

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Friendly staff
- Very pleasant renovated indoor swimming pool and fitness centre
http://holmesplace.ch/zurich-crowne-plaza.c/fr/
- Rooms renovated (but the lobby is very kitsch, even if the hotel claims that "you can relax with a drink in the elegant Lobby Bar while we take care of your luggage, or enjoy the international collection of vibrant artwork and sculptures" )
- Easy access by tramway from Central station (still, the best way to discover Zurich is by bike, which can be rented for free around the Central station).
http://www.zuerich.com/en/zuerich/na...eri-rollt.html
- You can reach the trendy district around Arthouse Uto in 15 minutes by walking along Badenerstrasse (many restaurants, sophisticated shops and galleries).

Bad:
Nothing

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Not the best hotel in town, and certainly not the most attractive location, but still a good deal.

Last edited by nicolas75; Jun 8, 2014 at 5:02 am
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Holiday Inn JFK

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
For the most part, yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Leisure Nonsmoking, received King Leisure Nonsmoking

- How are the rooms?
My room was small, but it was clean, dark, and comfortable. There was good desk space to use for work, but I didn't use it. The bed was fantastic, and I got a great night's sleep. There wasn't too much aircraft noise, but ever once in a while the roar of jet engines could be heard. Regarding size, I would book a larger room if I were travelling with children, but the size is fine for one to two people. Overall, I was pleased with the room.

- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

- What was good and what was bad?

The Good
The room was clean and had everything I'd ever need, although it was a bit small. Shuttle service to and from JFK Federal Circle was nice to have, as the trip was quick and easy. The WiFi was fast and the TV had a good variety of channels. The lovely lady who checked me in was very kind. The staff I interacted with were all good, though some were nicer than others. I didn't have any issues with "rude staff" that I read about in some of the reviews on Tripadvisor and the IHG website.

The Bad
There was absolutely no recognition of my IHG Platinum status whatsoever. No welcome drink, no mention of a room upgrade, no bonus points, nothing. There wasn't even any mention of that highly valuable transition metal element on the periodic table representative of my IHG status. It was late and I was tired after a long day of flying, so I didn't bother say anything. Maybe I should've said something, but it was too late in the night and the person checking me in was too nice to play the DYKWIA game. I was happy enough to have a nice king-sized bed to dive into that night.

Also, there was quite a bit of door slamming coming from several rooms over, as people from a large party were running from room to room. This issue resolved itself, though.

- Value for $? Would you return?
At $149.23 for an advance booking, it was a little expensive (especially considering the room size and whatnot). However, it was a good airport hotel and I do not regret paying that. I will return.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
Crowne plaza sfo airport

Platinum Ambassador

YES ! This was for a dental post operative stay.

2 Double beds - given a club room then previous accessible suite upon request

How are the rooms?
Very comfortable room closest to the freeway on the 1st floor with separate living space, high ceiling, sleep amenities etc with spacious bathroom
Noted the much talked about "noise from the freeway" but it was not enough to keep me from my sleep

How is the exec. lounge?
Simple space with drink machine, fruit available

GOOD
Generous Upgrade,
late check out which allowed me to get rest after my surgery
Fitness Center

Excellent Service - all requests were addressed in a timely manner
Very good breakfast buffet

Over all excellent Platinum recognition

BAD
$18 parking fee

Value for $? Would you return?
Rate has been consistently rising but we're hooked. It's been worth it.
We're looking forward to our return in a few weeks.
BTW, congratulations to the new GM Brendan D. We look forward to good days ahead !:-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.