FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:42 am
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Holiday Inn JFK

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
For the most part, yes.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Leisure Nonsmoking, received King Leisure Nonsmoking

- How are the rooms?
My room was small, but it was clean, dark, and comfortable. There was good desk space to use for work, but I didn't use it. The bed was fantastic, and I got a great night's sleep. There wasn't too much aircraft noise, but ever once in a while the roar of jet engines could be heard. Regarding size, I would book a larger room if I were travelling with children, but the size is fine for one to two people. Overall, I was pleased with the room.

- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

- What was good and what was bad?

The Good
The room was clean and had everything I'd ever need, although it was a bit small. Shuttle service to and from JFK Federal Circle was nice to have, as the trip was quick and easy. The WiFi was fast and the TV had a good variety of channels. The lovely lady who checked me in was very kind. The staff I interacted with were all good, though some were nicer than others. I didn't have any issues with "rude staff" that I read about in some of the reviews on Tripadvisor and the IHG website.

The Bad
There was absolutely no recognition of my IHG Platinum status whatsoever. No welcome drink, no mention of a room upgrade, no bonus points, nothing. There wasn't even any mention of that highly valuable transition metal element on the periodic table representative of my IHG status. It was late and I was tired after a long day of flying, so I didn't bother say anything. Maybe I should've said something, but it was too late in the night and the person checking me in was too nice to play the DYKWIA game. I was happy enough to have a nice king-sized bed to dive into that night.

Also, there was quite a bit of door slamming coming from several rooms over, as people from a large party were running from room to room. This issue resolved itself, though.

- Value for $? Would you return?
At $149.23 for an advance booking, it was a little expensive (especially considering the room size and whatnot). However, it was a good airport hotel and I do not regret paying that. I will return.