Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
HI Shanghai Vista

HI Shanghai Vista

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Acceptable.

Which room did you booked & which did you receive?
Deluxe, got club room

How are the rooms?
Spacious, spartan room that needs a thorough cleaning and some maintenance. Small bathroom, shower only. Large bed.

How is the exec. lounge?

Great staff.
Small lounge, typical junk food for happy hour. Decent wines.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
Upgrade
Great staff throughout the htel

Bad
Hotel could be cleaner
Many tourists/ tourist groups

Value for CNY or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Good value. I stayed there as I had to be just across the street. I would not return though.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
HI Oulu, Finland

HI Oulu, Finland

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Gold

Yes

Which room did you booked & which did you receive
Booked cheapest best flexible standard, got 5th floor (highest) room with Club room access

How are the rooms?
Typical Finnish HI, smallish, dated but clean. Window to atrium.

How is the exec. lounge?
Dated smallish lounge with coffee, biscuits and juice. Newspapers. Somewhat(??) nice corner view though to park, but nothing more. I grabbed a glass of juice and read a newspaper, went to bed.

Good: Recognition for IHG members, upgraded even if I did not feel any value of it but the gesture was nice.
Bad : Nothing specific. This hotel is just dated, dull and not attractive as such.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
I would not return if not necessary or cheap, since this property is really boring IMO. Well located though...
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
CP Houston River Oak

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Overall I was happy, but in no way is this hotel even close to high end.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked lowest priced room. I emailed the hotel and was confirmed to a suite weeks prior to arrival.

How are the rooms?
The room was unique in that is was not just two regular rooms relabeled as a single suite. The living room and bathroom were large, but bare feeling.

How is the exec. lounge?
Thee is no lounge.

Good: price and near highway.
Bad: The pool was very busy with children and had constant highway noise. The people in the hotel were pretty trashy (sleeping on chairs, drunks everywhere, children playing in elevators). The bar staff were slow.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It was good value but I will not return.

*** While there is a sign stating parking is $9 per day, I ended up not paying any money to park. In the 5 nights I was there, just one time was there a person collecting money for parking. I walk my way out of paying.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:31 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
HI Portland (Oregon) Airport (I205)

Platinum Ambassador

For a USA HI, I really like this place for the price.

Booked lowest priced room. I emailed the hotel and was confirmed to a suite. I've done this 3 times in the past 6 months. Also, I was given complementary drink coupons, free pay movie, cheese and fruit platter, water and sodas, and access to lounge.

How are the rooms?
I prefer the suites near the elevator. I like the layout of the room (small is living room and separate room for the best. The other suite was in the middle of the hallways. This one is two rooms with a door between them. I requested this one as there are 2 bests in one room and a pull out couch in the other.

How is the exec. lounge?
Lame coffee! There are complementary non alcoholic drinks and low quality snacks.

Good: price, fast shuttle, great treatment for IHG, upgrades, early check in worked (not one confirmed in advance), rooms are slightly above average.
Bad: It can be busy with convention people.

Yeah it's a good value for me. I like paying $5 for 5000 points.

*** While there is a sign stating parking is $9 per day, I ended up not paying any money to park. In the 5 nights I was there, just one time was there a person collecting money for parking. I walk my way out of paying.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:41 am

HIX Bali Kuta Square

Platinum Ambassador

Overall I was happy. I paid around 37 USD per night. It's difficult to not be happy at these rates.

Booked lowest priced room. I was given a corner room on top floor. Each room is slightly different, but overall they are mostly the same.

How are the rooms?
Small of US standards, but okay size for Europe and Asia standards. Upon arrival the power did not work. Once they got to the room it took them 3 minutes of so to fix the problem. The toilet did not flush correctly, the shower water leaked into the bathroom. The curtains were torn and let in lots of light. The safe is positioned so that it is difficult to access. The hangers were too large so that the closet door light would not shut off.

How is the exec. lounge?
Thee is no lounge.

Good: price and near beach and cool stuff. Staff are nice. Though on arrival they discussed (in Indo) whether my boy friend and I ware gay. Not something staff should do incase the guest speaks the language.
Bad: There was no pool attendant. I called for towels which took long time to arrive.

It was good value I might return but likely I'll try the other new HIX in Bali.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Holiday Inn Manhattan - 6th Ave Chelsea, New York, NY

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was OK but no better. Location is fine, but the staff were generally disorganised.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 2 queen standard for 3 people, on points. When we arrived they said they were overbooked on rooms with 2 beds so they would place us into 2 separate standard king rooms next to one another instead. This was fine as we were all adults.

- How are the rooms?
Small, even by NYC standards. With the bed and our luggage in the rooms, there was not much room to move around.

- How is the exec. lounge?
There is not one.

- What was good and what was bad?
Receptionist was very nice and recognized my status, and was very apologetic about the room booking being changed. Bell service was pretty terrible, took 4-5 minutes for the bellhop to arrive when we were storing or retrieving our bags.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
NYC is normally very expensive so I was glad to use points, but I'd probably try the Staybridge next time. In fact I had originally booked there but by the time we realised there was a third person going to come, there were no rooms with two beds left there and so we needed to move elsewhere.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - SeaTac Airport

Platinum

Yes it was very good

Booked 2 queen standard on points, upgraded to 2 queen 2 room suite

- How are the rooms?
Very nice, plenty of space. 2 ring hob, microwave oven, fridge freezer, full bath and shower, and just generally pleasant.

No lounge

The shuttle service to the airport and light rail is good to have but a little random. It operates on demand.

Breakfast was also above average for a HIX.

Excellent value. There are so many hotels in the immediate vicinity of SEA though. I'm staying in the Embassy Suites on my way back and would be tempted by the CP next time as it is walkable from the terminal rather than having to take a shuttle.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Portland Jantzen Beach

Platinum

More or less. The location is really, really odd. You do not want to be here without a car, and you need to plan to be using it all the time. The hotel is located adjacent to/in between a couple of trailer parks and near a series of big box stores. I don't quite remember my logic in why I booked this particular hotel, but I don't drive and therefore was reliant on transit to get to and from the hotel, in the form of the local buses which are quite frequent, but it's most of a mile walk from the hotel to the bus stop.

Booked 2 queen standard on points, and got 2 queen standard.

- How are the rooms?
Fine, nothing to write home about. Same as the next HIX.

None

Staff were very friendly and unobtrusive. The pool is too small to exercise but plenty big to relax. Fitness centre is the bare minimum of a treadmill, some weights and a cross-trainer.

Value is great at 15K points per night, but at the risk of being repetitive, the location is disastrously bad for me as I don't drive.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
The Lodge at Running Y Ranch, a Holiday Inn Resort, Oregon

- What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Amb

Very much so. Great grounds, good-enough rooms and great facilities (pool, restaurant, etc)

Booked King Village View; Received King Golf View

- How are the rooms?
Pretty good. Nothing luxurious but good furnishings, reasonable quality bathroom, etc

None

A very nice resort with friendly staff. There were one or two internet problems but issues were compounded by a storm (the area is fairly rural). Good quality restaurant with nice terrace overlooking the golf course. Great leisure facilities although pool got very busy at times. Relatively close to Crater Lake National Park

Amazing value at 10k points / night. Cash rates were only around $110
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:47 am

JOHANNESBURG - THE ROSEBANK Crowne Plaza

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Yes

"1 KING BED STANDARD NONSMOKING" I'm not sure if I got an upgrade. It was late and I was tired and just looking for a place to sleep.

- How are the rooms?
Very nice.

Yes. Has a basic continental breakfast. I arrived too late for evening drinks, so I cannot report on that.

Good: The staff was very welcoming and helpful.
Bad: Nothing worth mentioning.

I used 5,000 points as part of the PointsBreak reward. This was a great value. Yes, I would return.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes

Booked best flexible rate and received a junior suite on 3 rd floor with view over the backyard garden

How are the rooms?
Around 35sqm
2 separate rooms
Room with seating area and desk
Other room with very comfortable bed
Pleasant bathroom with good shower. Aveda and Gilchrist & Soames amenities
Flat screen television with large selection on English channels and some international showers
iPhone dock
Kettle. Bathrobe
Very quiet.
Fast wifi

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good
- Staff is very friendly and responsive
- Excellent location, just 3 minutes walk from Earl’s Court station. Very convenient access to LHR on Picadilly line. Lots of shops and restaurants.
- Shared bikes station next to the hotel.
- Double welcome points for renovation (actually no disturbance at all)

Bad
- Wifi was not working in the room the first day (and very poorly the other day), but worked well in other hotel areas.

The hotel is very pleasant for location. Definitely a very good option for London.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:30 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Flat screen television with [...] some international showers
^ ^ That sounds much better than other London hotels that require international guests to use those terrible English showers (and stop watching TV in order to do so).
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CP Seattle, WA

Platinum

Yes

Booked 2 queen standard room with points. Received 2 queen club room on the 33rd floor.

- How are the rooms?
Decent. Plenty of space and generally pleasant. Had an in-room safe too.

Small. About the size of a regular room. Seats around 20. Serves continental breakfast including pancakes by machine from 6-9:30 weekdays and 6:30-10 weekends. Complimentary canapés, evening snacks, cookies and soft drinks from 5-7:30pm Sunday through Thursday. Due to WA state law there are no complimentary alcoholic beverages but these can be purchased for much the same price as the bar (think it was $7-10 plus tax and service for drinks).

Most things were good. Can't really complain about anything TBH.

Value for points, yes. Going rate was $300/night when I booked. Would not pay that.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by IMH
^ ^ That sounds much better than other London hotels that require international guests to use those terrible English showers (and stop watching TV in order to do so).
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
CP London - Docklands

Gold

Yes

Booked adv standard incl. breakfast and got a room on the "sleep advantage quiet floor"

How are the rooms?
Fairly large, but terribly outdated in terms of decor. They remind me of the typical 90's style many american hotels feature even after renovation. While the building looks quite modern from the outside, it's exactly the opposite once inside. But there are two armchairs which is something that many hotels should also implement.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not sure wheter there is one. Anyway, I didn't have access.

Good
  • very conventient location to LCY and the O2
  • a sign in the elevators gives advice when the best time for breakfast will be
  • extensive and non-expensive breakfast buffet (at least when included in room rate)

Bad
  • the lobby smells like a public swimming pool
  • was welcomed quite sparsely at check in (attendant just handed me an envelope and told me "everything is inside" and that was it)
  • outdated room decor

The price/value ratio is really good for London, although for tourism, it's a bit off the beaten path. I'd only return when landing at LCY in the late afternoon (or attending something at the O2).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.