FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:08 am
Coathanger

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Crowne Plaza Jakarta

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked STANDARD ROOM and was told I had been upgraded two levels at check in.

How are the rooms?
Dated. The bathroom in particular is a throwback to the early 90's.

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

What was good and what was bad?
This one night stay completed my IHG Into The Nights promo tasks, but that's about where the good ends.

At checkin there was no record of my IHG Rewards Club number with the staff first being surprised that I was already a member, and then after being prompted on Platinum benefits was surprised to learn I was a Platinum elite. This is despite the booking being done on ihg.com directly with my membership number attached at booking.

It was also a prepaid rate yet my credit card was not charged until checkout despite it being booked a few months ago. Not typically an issue but the AUD has dropped a fair bit in that time, and also illustrates the operational issues this hotel seems to have.

Also, the swimming pool and tennis courts are now a large hole in the back as a new development is being built. No pool or gym replacements were communicated at checkin.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Reasonable IHG Rewards Club prepaid promo rate but would not return to this property given the better value options in Jakarta in IHG and other chains.