Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention! You consumed minibar 'ABOVE AVERAGE'!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by scienm
I think they decided not to answer me. I've been waiting for a week but still no email from them.
It's even worse.. Now I'm tired out and don't know what to do.
send to email to GM and RA Service Manager?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sniles
IC Expo just changed their F&B Director, could have something to do with it....
I got one today and I must say I was shocked. Its from a recent stay at the IC Times Square. We only drank 1 vodka, 4 soft drinks and 2 of the vitamin waters.

Is that excessive for 2 adults and 1 child? We left 2 big wines, 4 or 6 beers and all the other miniature liquors baring the vodka.

Bad form from the IC! Can anyone advise what happens next? Will they bill me if they think a few drinks is too much?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by lallyr
I got one today and I must say I was shocked. Its from a recent stay at the IC Times Square. We only drank 1 vodka, 4 soft drinks and 2 of the vitamin waters.

Is that excessive for 2 adults and 1 child? We left 2 big wines, 4 or 6 beers and all the other miniature liquors baring the vodka.

Bad form from the IC! Can anyone advise what happens next? Will they bill me if they think a few drinks is too much?
Wow, that is ridiculous! Your consumption is, IMHO, below average! And I am surprised at you.

ICH should just put a cap on this benefit if they feel it is too generous. ($50 limit or 2 drinks per day or something else reasonable). But these kind of letters leave a really sour taste in the mouth.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:39 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-gb; SAMSUNG GT-I9100/I9100BVLPB Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by sniles
IC Expo just changed their F&B Director, could have something to do with it....

I certainly don't think it's excessive, but the rules do say for the RAs personal consumption only, so best not to mention other family members if you complain
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:55 pm
JBa

Programs: some

Did that come with a signup form for AA?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by scienm

The Ambassador Services replied to me.

'We were informed by the InterContinental Shanghai Expo that no empty bottles were found in your room and that the total amount of your consumed beverages did not tally to be consumed for personal consumption.'

From now on, RAs should be careful about numbers between consumption and empty bottles.

Is that excessive for 2 adults and 1 child?
They really want the empty containers so they can check for lipstick residue when the RA is male. When the RA is female they have to go for the more expensive chromosome analysis and hope that their thieving guests drink straight from the bottle/can. They should just put surveillance cameras in all rooms/suites occupied by RAs and be done with it

CSI clearance will be required prior to RA checkout
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It really made me angry though. Either state what the allowance is or if left open then allow it.

Personally I am not a big drinker, max 2-3 drinks. I never even take the complimentary wine some hotels provide as its normally crap anyway.

They are alienating their own customers. Go after the genuine ones who do abuse the system. Makes me actually wanna take everything out the mini bar the next time so they know what the difference is.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by janetdoe
Roughly speaking, about 50% of all minibar consumption is 'above average'.

Tell them that, as a Royal Ambassador, you are accustomed to being in the top few percent of all IC customers. You are sorry that your minibar consumption was only 'above average'. You will work hard to elevate your performance so that you consistently fall within the top percentile of all IC minibar consumption on future stays.
+1
FTW!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:13 pm

I usually have the a Whisky and a Cognac. Plus all the bottle water in the room. I wonder, as an RA, am I allow to use the minibar to get my date drunk so I can have my way? haha
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
I usually have the a Whisky and a Cognac. Plus all the bottle water in the room. I wonder, as an RA, am I allow to use the minibar to get my date drunk so I can have my way? haha
Technically its only for a RA's use. Whisky and a Cognac??? You are bordering on getting a email from them any stay now
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I still can't believe this thread keeps coming up. IC's should be ashamed to accuse RA's of "above average" consumption. If you clean out the entire fridge and leave no empty bottles that's one thing, but to have couple drinks and get in the how much is too much debate is a joke.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I still can't believe this thread keeps coming up. IC's should be ashamed to accuse RA's of "above average" consumption. If you clean out the entire fridge and leave no empty bottles that's one thing, but to have couple drinks and get in the how much is too much debate is a joke.
BTW I sent of a reply back to IC NYC to check my mini bar consumption and get back to me as to exactly what I had.

I received a apology email that they had made a mistake and that my usage wasn't above average.

Still leaves a very sour taste though! Makes me think do they just send these out to random stays?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I was recently with an RA who checked into the IC Rome.
there were 5 drinks missing from the mini bar so they called to get them replaced
they never were.
I wonder how much this happens?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
BTW I sent of a reply back to IC NYC to check my mini bar consumption and get back to me as to exactly what I had.

I received a apology email that they had made a mistake and that my usage wasn't above average.

Still leaves a very sour taste though! Makes me think do they just send these out to random stays?
Good question. Did they offer anything in addition to the apology?

I'm still miffed that there is a level by which they determine is above average. And it sounds like this is being rolled out IC wide...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Good question. Did they offer anything in addition to the apology?

I'm still miffed that there is a level by which they determine is above average. And it sounds like this is being rolled out IC wide...
Nope just an apology.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.