Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention! You consumed minibar 'ABOVE AVERAGE'!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by scienm
If it bothers the specific property, they should put off their IC brand.
If it bothers IHG, they should get rid of this 'Complimentary Mini-bar' benefit.
Or, they should set the exact limit of consumption.

BTW, do any RAs know that they should consume 'below average'?
I was once asked at the IC Shenzhen if there was something wrong as I had only taken 1 DC. The girl couldn't believe that I had a full minibar and only took 1 drink. She really made a big point of it. So yes some people do drink below the average.

Now I know everyone will jump on me for bringing the average down, but I make up for it in other ICs. BKK and Hua Hin got a hammering last week.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by holtju2
Just remember to take a photo of the empty minibar bottles just in case you get a nasty note from the Ambassador service center.
I now travel with empty bottles of consumed minibar beverages from home. Replace and repeat.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Jages
I was once asked at the IC Shenzhen if there was something wrong as I had only taken 1 DC. The girl couldn't believe that I had a full minibar and only took 1 drink. She really made a big point of it.
Looks like you were the first non-alcoholic she met working in the hotel. Maybe she thought you're decent material and wanted a date
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:47 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

This is all very odd - I often have drinks from the minibar with room service food, and usually put the empty bottles (and glasses) on the room service tray before leaving it outside. Am I going to get accused of stealing glasses as well?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I think they decided not to answer me. I've been waiting for a week but still no email from them.
It's even worse.. Now I'm tired out and don't know what to do.
I whould do nothing and avoid the hotel - don´t put too much energy in this case, it´s not worth it
Old Mar 29, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Jages
I actually arrange this when it's a regular IC that I stay at. BKK and PNH are two that just do it for me without asking. Great to arrive in your suite with the DC already loaded and cold.
Same in SGN. I rarely drink anything else than sparkling water from the mini bar, so at IC Asiana Saigon they always replace the beers and water with sparkling water, before I arrive.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
bad form from a decent hotel.

Just a quick comment to say very poor form from this hotel, I have very regularly had the empty bottles collected by room service collecting the tray after dinner (which is of course also when the minibar consumption is most likely to happen) and hence the empty bottles are not in the bins for counting.

On the other hand, I had a very nice stay at this hotel last year and would particularly mention that the club had an extensive selection of free-flowing (and self-pour if I recollect) liquor, champagne and so forth as well as a half-decent buffet selection, and club access was provided as well as a nice suite for our RA stay.

Can't quite place this sort of email from ambassador service given what I found to be the very good RA recognition at the hotel. Having said that I would encourage the OP to communicate his extreme irritation to Ambassador services, I cannot see any reason why ICH would send such an email - as mentioned they can always uninvite the OP to become an RA again next year if they do not want his business.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:25 pm

IC Expo just changed their F&B Director, could have something to do with it....
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Roughly speaking, about 50% of all minibar consumption is 'above average'.

Tell them that, as a Royal Ambassador, you are accustomed to being in the top few percent of all IC customers. You are sorry that your minibar consumption was only 'above average'. You will work hard to elevate your performance so that you consistently fall within the top percentile of all IC minibar consumption on future stays.
I love this suggestion^
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sniles
IC Expo just changed their F&B Director, could have something to do with it....
Does F&B stand for Farce & Black comedy?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Does F&B stand for Farce & Black comedy?
I like ^
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
I think they decided not to answer me. I've been waiting for a week but still no email from them.
It's even worse.. Now I'm tired out and don't know what to do.
Priority Club / InterContinental is not known for quality customer service so simply ignore the entire situation and get some sleep. The customer service varies from hotel to hotel.

Until told otherwise drink from the complimentary mini bar. The alcohol is of little interest to me generally but I so enjoy the assortment of non alcoholic drinks. The variety of drinks vary from hotel to hotel.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Apr 8, 2012 at 4:24 pm
Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Even if I consumed entire mini-bar, it's RA's privilege. They can't say I have to be cautious to consume mini-bar.
As you said, they don't know what 'free' meaning.
totally agree with you. even you emptied the whole mini-bar, they can't say anything. if they are not willing to give up so much for "free" mini bar, they should just simply stock less!!! why they are so stupid.

don't tell me they are start checking the garbage in the room. isn't that invasion of privacy?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by midnight
Clearly the hotel owners have written to IC, they hate the free mini-bar perk and would love to see it removed or limited.

This protest would not come from reception but straight from the horse's mouth (forgive the British expression).

Personally I sympathise with the position of the hotel.

Drinks are for in room consumption and if numerous bottles are missing but not in the bin or if the resident has allowed guests to consume large quanitities (I am not suggesting this is the case with the OP) it's an abuse of a valuable privilege.
Is there any policy to say how much they should stock in the mini bar? they can simply not to stock so much items in the mini bar right? if the hotel owner does not like the policy then they cannot pass this to the guest.

I understand from my friend who is RA that there are more RA in China rather than in USA. Perhaps this was triggered by the behaviours of the mainlanders. But again like I said they can simply stock less items there
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Firstly, I do not agree with them saying you drunk too much. The benefit has no stated limits so you are well within your rights to drink as much as you want, even if its the entire minibar ...full stop no arguments.
+1 for this... That's the whole point!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.