Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:44 am

I was going to book a room in Melbourne to get it free instead of an Accor hotel but after reading this I think I will just stick with Accor.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by fattuna
I was going to book a room in Melbourne to get it free instead of an Accor hotel but after reading this I think I will just stick with Accor.
cool story bro.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:26 am

Accor platinum, from my experience 3 years ago, sucked. Same level as Best Western. I have no plans to go back to a French loyalty program.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:52 am

Anyone noticed the lack of response if you submit a claim on a Saturday? 3 times now they've been ignored. Yet a further claim on the Sunday or Monday gets a response within 24 hours.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
Anyone noticed the lack of response if you submit a claim on a Saturday? 3 times now they've been ignored. Yet a further claim on the Sunday or Monday gets a response within 24 hours.
Maybe because your Saturday is their Sunday?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Maybe because your Saturday is their Sunday?
But that wouldn't explain why they don't acknowledge them at all?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
But that wouldn't explain why they don't acknowledge them at all?
Your claim probably didn't go through, rather than them not working on a Saturday. I've experienced this before; had no choice but to resubmit it again after following up with them, where they said they didn't receive my claim.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Quarantine
Your claim probably didn't go through, rather than them not working on a Saturday. I've experienced this before; had no choice but to resubmit it again after following up with them, where they said they didn't receive my claim.
Yep it does happen sometimes
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:10 pm

Hey, I was just going to post this. $75 fine for francishees who "violate" the BRG terms seems like a slap on the wrist. They probably make it back by charging exorbitant pet fees.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by shuom
Accor platinum, from my experience 3 years ago, sucked. Same level as Best Western. I have no plans to go back to a French loyalty program.
d'accord, mate!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:32 pm

When to chase the BRG team?

So I have been waiting for 20+ hours to hear back on a BRG claim; when should I send them a reminder?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by TinDrum
So I have been waiting for 20+ hours to hear back on a BRG claim; when should I send them a reminder?
I filed a claim at the weekend took around 22 hours to get a response
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by TinDrum
This isn't just for you TinDrum, but PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT SEND REMINDERS!! IT DOES NO GOOD!

Allright, now that I've stopped yelling, I'll explain BRG forms you fill out get sent to the BRG mailbox as a simple e-mail that they respond to one by one. If they haven't gotten to your claim, it's because their mailbox is probably full. By sending them a reminder, you're just adding to the mailbox, and they won't read it until they actually respond to your BRG form which is in their mailbox further up the queue. So essentially, you're wasting your time e-mailing them a reminder, and you're filling up their mailbox taking up more of their time to process claims.

Only send them a reminder after 72 hours, at the absolute earliest. A better check would just to ask here to see how long claims have been taking and use that determine when it's been too long.

As of lately, it's been anywhere from 22 - 30 hours, but that could always change in a matter of hours to where it's 48 hours.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Anyone had success/failure BRG-ing with rocketmiles ?, you only put in your registration details at the same time as you put in your payment for the night you are booking, which consists of your name and email (password is optional) so they can hardly say that it is members only, as the info is no more than you would put in for any other booking.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by tangey
Anyone had success/failure BRG-ing with rocketmiles ?, you only put in your registration details at the same time as you put in your payment for the night you are booking, which consists of your name and email (password is optional) so they can hardly say that it is members only, as the info is no more than you would put in for any other booking.
In terms of putting in your details (optional?) I would say as you describe it to be ok for brg, as it sounds similar to other sites that I know of that have qualified in the last 3-4 months anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.