Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Haha quite - it's fine for them to outsource it if they want, but they can't then just deny all responsibility!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I recently had my second claim approved (just over a week ago).
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre.
Club room was 331€ for one night and it was approved the day after without any hassle (to my surprise). I was very happy! It clearly IS possible... :-)
Well done.

I think this may be one of the few hotels that makes IHG to send a cheque/transfer re-imbursement rather than the hotel adjust locally to a free night.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:55 pm

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Tried to BRG the IC Cannes. Received rejection email after about 20 h.
Rejection reason, failed to find "book button" on the 3rd party website, hence cannot confirm the lower price.

Really don't know what to say about it.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by wanymayold
Tried to BRG the IC Cannes. Received rejection email after about 20 h.
Rejection reason, failed to find "book button" on the 3rd party website, hence cannot confirm the lower price.

Really don't know what to say about it.
Neither do I - except that if ever a story needed the identity of the third-party, this is it! We need to search for that "book button"
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:39 am

How on Earth are you doing this?

I tried three different Hotels (IC Berlin, IC Rome and IC Paris Le Grand) on different Dates - but all got denied!

Always checked for a Weekend in September or October, even November! But they wrote to each and every Claim "we are sorry, but..."

Even on Saturday to Monday's (like IC Berlin, 27th to 29th of September) they said "NO"..

Really frustrating it is!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:20 pm

Just had a reply, apparently from a BRG Manager - most useless reply ever saying they can't find my claim on the system and pointing out that the only booking they can find is from a week and a half ago and thus outside the 24h BRG window - kinda missing the point when I submitted the claim within a few hours of booking! Will be getting back on to the Exec Complaints team tomorrow!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Just had a reply, apparently from a BRG Manager - most useless reply ever saying they can't find my claim on the system and pointing out that the only booking they can find is from a week and a half ago and thus outside the 24h BRG window - kinda missing the point when I submitted the claim within a few hours of booking! Will be getting back on to the Exec Complaints team tomorrow!
Do you have any screenshot? I would send them as evidence to show the lower rate.

Make sure you take plenty of screenshots, and make sure the book button is clearly visible
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by trouble747
I was told by a guest services supervisor that 'it was like I was calling Walmart to complain about Target'!
Ha, at least they're honest!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Do you have any screenshot? I would send them as evidence to show the lower rate.

Make sure you take plenty of screenshots, and make sure the book button is clearly visible
Yes, thankfully I'd taken lots! Spoke to the Exec Complaints team again today, they too couldn't believe the reply from the BRG team and have kindly sorted out a points credit for a redemption booking instead so all finally worked out in the end, even if it did take innumerable calls, webforms, Tweets and emails!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:25 am

Japanese IHG site

I believe there is a Japanese IHG site which sometimes has lower rates than the international IHG site, thus allowing the BRG team to shoot down BRG claims.

Would someone happen to have the URL of this Japanese IHG site?

Thanks
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TinDrum
I believe there is a Japanese IHG site which sometimes has lower rates than the international IHG site, thus allowing the BRG team to shoot down BRG claims.

Would someone happen to have the URL of this Japanese IHG site?

Thanks
That Japanese IHG/IC/ANA site only affects rates for Japan IC's, not rest-of-the-world IC hotels, or non-IC brands.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Yes, thankfully I'd taken lots! Spoke to the Exec Complaints team again today, they too couldn't believe the reply from the BRG team and have kindly sorted out a points credit for a redemption booking instead so all finally worked out in the end, even if it did take innumerable calls, webforms, Tweets and emails!
Thats good cs imo.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Well done.

I think this may be one of the few hotels that makes IHG to send a cheque/transfer re-imbursement rather than the hotel adjust locally to a free night.
For both of my approved claims (IC Berlin and CP Amsterdam) I didn't have to pay anything in the hotel. They said 'everything is payed'... no reimbursement...
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Thats good cs imo.
Totally agree, they were superb - just wish other areas of IHG were up to a similar standard, but no complaints at all about their handling of things or the eventual outcome.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Totally agree, they were superb - just wish other areas of IHG were up to a similar standard, but no complaints at all about their handling of things or the eventual outcome.
Last year they approvded my claim for an ic then called me up to say they had mistakenly approved a claim which was invalid. They gave me 50k points to book an award night at the property. I ended up resubmitting a claim and getting that approved and still had the 50k points. This was all done by the brg team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.