Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
But your credit card issuer wouldn't be issuing a refund - in these circ AIUI IHG centrally send out the payment. Also it says a complimentary night stay, which means free! Well done on the successful BRG ^
Thanks for reassuring me EDI.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:12 pm

Can someone PM me some websites that have had some success with price matching.

Crowne Plaza Milan is much cheaper (~$100) everywhere else I looked ...but the refund policies are different enough that the claims have been denied for for amoma and alpharooms.

Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:28 pm

Seriously the response times are just getting worse and worse.

Should get enough people to get a nice AG look at this "guarantee" and slap them with the appropriate penalties, I'm sure IHG is doing something that is deceptive.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
Seriously the response times are just getting worse and worse.

Should get enough people to get a nice AG look at this "guarantee" and slap them with the appropriate penalties, I'm sure IHG is doing something that is deceptive.
Took 36 hours to get a reply. Had to cancel as the deadline was approaching rapidly. Previous claim was rejected despite being available on third party website up till 10 minutes before I received my rejection e-mail
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Their best rate guarantee was great when it first started but has gradually gotten worse over the last couple of years. I had a successful BRG at the IC Century City the first week it started.

I rarely use it anymore after the multiple changes to the T&C and the decline in the response times have rendered the whole process a farce. It does make for a great tag line on their marketing materials though.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by yule_boy
Their best rate guarantee was great when it first started but has gradually gotten worse over the last couple of years. I had a successful BRG at the IC Century City the first week it started.

I rarely use it anymore after the multiple changes to the T&C and the decline in the response times have rendered the whole process a farce. It does make for a great tag line on their marketing materials though.
Are we seriously complaining about a gift horse here

I agree the BRG has gotten harder in recent years, but I also know people who milked it so hard they'd basically live in free hotels. Imagine they went with the same BRG as SPG or Hyatt? Much less restrictive but only a price beat by 10%. Imagine the uproar that would cause?

I'll take the current BRG program over the others', thanks. I've successfully used it for inconvenient overnights, and though I won't wax lyrical about their response times, I'd be loath to crap on it, too.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

I agree the BRG has gotten harder in recent years, but I also know people who milked it so hard they'd basically live in free hotels. Imagine they went with the same BRG as SPG or Hyatt? Much less restrictive but only a price beat by 10%. Imagine the uproar that would cause?

I'll take the current BRG program over the others', thanks. I've successfully used it for inconvenient overnights, and though I won't wax lyrical about their response times, I'd be loath to crap on it, too.
I also agree. Despite the problems it is still a decent guarantee.

I have used BRG's but it is prob. only in the spirit it was intended, it has been for genuine stays, along paid stays, and where I would have been staying anyway.

I also have to say that although there have been some delays to the responses, I have not had any turned down.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by amit1978
Took 36 hours to get a reply. Had to cancel as the deadline was approaching rapidly. Previous claim was rejected despite being available on third party website up till 10 minutes before I received my rejection e-mail
Their response time for my last two claims was over 50 hours. I miss the old days of calling it in, thanks again Dan (...).
An update since IHG closing my account a year ago. I realize they probably closed my account because I registered for every code, I could, listed on the IHG Master Promo thread. Of course to this date no one has let me know why. I have done hundreds of successful BRGs for myself and friends and family. Shoving it up IHG's hindquarters has become a leisurely past time for me. May they burn in hell forever and have their name wiped from the face of the earth.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Sep 29, 2014 at 11:11 pm Reason: edited strong word out of post
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

+1 , people want easy BRGs free nights.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by notahappycamper
... I miss the old days of calling it in, thanks again Dan (...)...
For those of us who do not know, please do tell

Last edited by FLYGVA; Sep 29, 2014 at 11:12 pm Reason: edited quoted thread
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by TinDrum
For those of us who do not know, please do tell
A blogger who posted a brg link to the IC in NY and basically had 100s of claims put in for the same hotel. Also the brg department were flooded with calls taking hours to answer which resulted in a change to T&Cs and removal of the option to call in for claims.

Last edited by mitpat474; Sep 20, 2014 at 12:44 pm
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by amit1978

wow, so it's true.. The lower price on the 3rd party website dissapeared for me as well just before I got the rejection email... so that is how they operate...can we complain anywhere?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by yule_boy

I've managed to use it a couple of times a year, and it works just fine for me.

Not as straightforward as it first was, but there you are.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:58 pm

Hi, can anyone PM me successful webpages for the BRG in Belgium/Finland?

All my claims have been turned down so far as the hotel description was not matching, e.g.
Standard Twin bathroom opposite Standard Twin shower...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:47 pm

Has anyone else had an issue in NZ or aus with the 1.5% rule? Logic would suggest that as the 1.5% is a compulsory charge for the advance purchase rate, it is effectively already 1.5% more expensive than most OTAs. I then found a cheaper rate by more than 1% and they denied it saying it needs to be more than 1.5% of the original rate without the service fee... so in effect the service fee has nothing to do with it. Am I missing something here?

The rate from IHG is $648, add the compulsory service fee and its $657.72

Competitor is $639.50 all in so its about $18 cheaper or over 2.5% when you include the compulsory fee..

Here is the reply:

"we were able to see the rate you were claiming listed and available. However, please be advised that the minimum difference between the two prices must be 1.5%. As checked, the 1.5% equivalent of IHG site’s rate is NZD 9.72 (1.5% of NZD 648). On the other hand, the difference between the two prices is NZD 8.50.

COMPUTATION

Computation A [1% or Benchmark]: NZD 648 * 0.015 = NZD 9.72

Computation B [USD 1 or Difference]: NZD 648 - NZD 639.50 = NZD 8.50

The minimum difference should at least reach the benchmark of NZD 9.72 to meet 6. e. Matching Prices - Australia/New Zealand. In Australia and New Zealand, due to credit card transaction fees that are applied at the hotel, there must be a minimum difference of 1.5% in the nightly room price and the nightly total room cost or the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost, to have a valid claim.

Given the above, it is with regret to inform you that we will not be able to extend the Guarantee for this particular reservation"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.