Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by lfc84
has anyone used hotels click for a uk booking?
Do you mean for a stay in the uk ? Mine was far a booking booked in the uk, but for a stay in Spain
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by barty181
Do you mean for a stay in the uk ? Mine was far a booking booked in the uk, but for a stay in Spain
just to clarify, i mean a stay in a uk hotel, booked in the uk, by a uk resident
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by barty181
Pre paid, I even have an email from the competitor website saying they provide instant confirmation from a live booking system, but still they won't honour the claim, giving me a free night on a one night stay. I'm determined not to give in and push the complaint as far as I can
I am in a similar position however mine is on best flex, me and a friend are booking simultaneous stays - mine has already been approved and the other is waiting for them to check its "instant" confirmation.

I'm waiting it out for few days will cancel and rebook and re claim as its best flex , funny thing is Ive used the same site to claim a few and both have been approved and the rate changed already..so we shall see.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
palazzo

Called the PMG office to ask how the process works and they said I needed to book and give them the confirmation. I explained the direct hotel site offered a better rate (with additional perks by the way). Exact same room type, same booking requirements (deposit etc). I booked the higher rate and called back. Now the fun starts..... PMG now takes the position that the added perks make the rate from the Palazzo website a "package" and therefore doesn't qualify. What? Got nowhere after 2 calls. Even a Palazzo supervisor can't believe it.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by bello
Called the PMG office to ask how the process works and they said I needed to book and give them the confirmation. I explained the direct hotel site offered a better rate (with additional perks by the way). Exact same room type, same booking requirements (deposit etc). I booked the higher rate and called back. Now the fun starts..... PMG now takes the position that the added perks make the rate from the Palazzo website a "package" and therefore doesn't qualify. What? Got nowhere after 2 calls. Even a Palazzo supervisor can't believe it.
That's right..you have to match the additional perks(package) with additional perks (package) from the third party website.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:04 am

so, the lower rate from the property website with all the same booking terms PLUS perks does not qualify? you must be kidding
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by bello
so, the lower rate from the property website with all the same booking terms PLUS perks does not qualify? you must be kidding
Well it's not the same terms is it if it offers more on the property website.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Rusell
Well it's not the same terms is it if it offers more on the property website.
actually booking terms identical (plus extra). my argument is I can get the identical room, same rate T&C and same payment terms. and lower rate. you are supporting their position?

Last edited by bello; Jun 23, 2013 at 11:45 am Reason: added
Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:12 pm

i've found a package offered on ihg.com which is a flexible cancellation policy. the competitor website offers the same package but the rate is a more restrictive cancellation policy. ihg doesnt have the package with any other policy than flex. they dont do the package with adv purchase.

would this be a valid claim ? im aware i can call and find out since the booking on ihg can be cancelled without penalty but i'd like to get an idea of the chances of success prior to calling

Last edited by lfc84; Jun 23, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lfc84
i've found a package offered on ihg.com which is a flexible cancellation policy. the competitor website offers the same package but the rate is a more restrictive cancellation policy. ihg doesnt have the package with any other policy than flex. they dont do the package with adv purchase.

would this be a valid claim ? im aware i can call and find out since the booking on ihg can be cancelled without penalty but i'd like to get an idea of the chances of success prior to calling
As I understand it, the third party offers cancellation conditions inferior to IHG's, for the same accommodation package. It fails a pretty basic hurdle: it won't fly.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
As I understand it, the third party offers cancellation conditions inferior to IHG's, for the same accommodation package. It fails a pretty basic hurdle: it won't fly.
i think i will give it a go - nothing to lose. a couple of years ago i booked a property with the scenario outlined, and the ihg agent said "well, we dont offer any other rate, so you're ok"

i suppose im just wondering what the current position is. i know they've tightened up recently....
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
booked a club room with breakfast at a crowne plaza. Found a cheaper rate on a third party. On the third party website, there is the exact same club room type, but one say "breakfast included", and the other one doesn't say. The agent on the phone now says my claim is invalid because the room type I booked already have 2 breakfast, one in the lounge and one in the restaurant.
I argued that in this case, the third party website club room that says "breakfast included" include resaurant breakfast AND club lounge breakfast; while the club room that doesn't say "breakfast included" includes only club lounge breakfast. because as long as you are in the club room, you have breakfast at the lounge!

also, to futher prove my point. the third party website rate club room with breakfast has an old rate of the exact same rate I booked on IHG.com. they are offering a lower rate now for that room on this third party website. which is a futher evidence of why these are the exact same room.

but the agent insisted that the third party website club room "with breakfast" is with the club lounge breakfast, not the restaurant's. i THEN ask him then does that mean the club room that doesnt have "breakfast included" doesn't even have club lounge breakfast, even though you are in a club room? then the agent couldn't counter that argument and told me this is what they can verify on their end, and he cannot approve the claim.

what ?!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by StevieCRock
booked a club room with breakfast at a crowne plaza. Found a cheaper rate on a third party. On the third party website, there is the exact same club room type, but one say "breakfast included", and the other one doesn't say. The agent on the phone now says my claim is invalid because the room type I booked already have 2 breakfast, one in the lounge and one in the restaurant.
I argued that in this case, the third party website club room that says "breakfast included" include resaurant breakfast AND club lounge breakfast; while the club room that doesn't say "breakfast included" includes only club lounge breakfast. because as long as you are in the club room, you have breakfast at the lounge!

also, to futher prove my point. the third party website rate club room with breakfast has an old rate of the exact same rate I booked on IHG.com. they are offering a lower rate now for that room on this third party website. which is a futher evidence of why these are the exact same room.

but the agent insisted that the third party website club room "with breakfast" is with the club lounge breakfast, not the restaurant's. i THEN ask him then does that mean the club room that doesnt have "breakfast included" doesn't even have club lounge breakfast, even though you are in a club room? then the agent couldn't counter that argument and told me this is what they can verify on their end, and he cannot approve the claim.

what ?!
what should I do? this is clearly a valid claim, and the facts and evidences are both on my side.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by StevieCRock
what should I do? this is clearly a valid claim, and the facts and evidences are both on my side.
Just call or email again. Not all agents are 100% on the ball and you WILL get different experiences.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Just call or email again. Not all agents are 100% on the ball and you WILL get different experiences.
He talked to his supervisor, and he said his supervisor says the same. he insisted that the third party "breakfast" is the breakfast in the lounge.
while it's clearly in the restaurant. because I can see the third party webstie cross off the original price, which is equivalent to the one I booked, and marked the new price as the lower one, which coincidentally matches the IHG rate of best price only for this room, but that doesn't mean they downgraded the room type to NOT include restaurant breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.