FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:06 pm
StevieCRock

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
booked a club room with breakfast at a crowne plaza. Found a cheaper rate on a third party. On the third party website, there is the exact same club room type, but one say "breakfast included", and the other one doesn't say. The agent on the phone now says my claim is invalid because the room type I booked already have 2 breakfast, one in the lounge and one in the restaurant.
I argued that in this case, the third party website club room that says "breakfast included" include resaurant breakfast AND club lounge breakfast; while the club room that doesn't say "breakfast included" includes only club lounge breakfast. because as long as you are in the club room, you have breakfast at the lounge!

also, to futher prove my point. the third party website rate club room with breakfast has an old rate of the exact same rate I booked on IHG.com. they are offering a lower rate now for that room on this third party website. which is a futher evidence of why these are the exact same room.

but the agent insisted that the third party website club room "with breakfast" is with the club lounge breakfast, not the restaurant's. i THEN ask him then does that mean the club room that doesnt have "breakfast included" doesn't even have club lounge breakfast, even though you are in a club room? then the agent couldn't counter that argument and told me this is what they can verify on their end, and he cannot approve the claim.

what ?!