Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by ffj
Have done around 10 at one property over a 4 month period. Have not had a problem.
Me too @IC Budapest also in 4 months
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by ffj
Have done around 10 at one property over a 4 month period. Have not had a problem.
Same site or different?

I noticed someone had mentioned having a claim denied as the competing website asks you to sign up by entering your email. I have found a few good rates on it but not sure, any other thoughts?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:17 am
ffj

Programs: AA, ExPlat, DL Sil, UAL Sil, Hilt Dia, Marr Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Same site or different?

I noticed someone had mentioned having a claim denied as the competing website asks you to sign up by entering your email. I have found a few good rates on it but not sure, any other thoughts?
All claims have been via the same site.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Same site or different?

If you must sign up, it is likely they will deny, even if it's a free sign-up.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:59 am

Just wondering if someone can PM any sites that bill in SGD?

Tried Zuji and "Captain Kirk's Singapore Site" but no luck.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Has anybody had any success with olotels, I'm looking to book a advanced rate for a room in London. I think every thing checks out but not sure about the instant confirmation clause.

Olotel states :"Hotel Voucher Once your payment has been validated, we will email your hotel voucher including your booking details (dates of stay, hotel contacts). You MUST present this document to the front-desk staff upon arrival. Also, we recommend that you keep a copy for yourself throughout your stay (useful contact numbers)"
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Has anybody had any success with olotels, I'm looking to book a advanced rate for a room in London. I think every thing checks out but not sure about the instant confirmation clause.

Olotel states :"Hotel Voucher Once your payment has been validated, we will email your hotel voucher including your booking details (dates of stay, hotel contacts). You MUST present this document to the front-desk staff upon arrival. Also, we recommend that you keep a copy for yourself throughout your stay (useful contact numbers)"
Olotels does not bill in Stg anyways
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
few interesting things I learned this week as I tried this for the first time-

1) calling in is BY FAR the best way of doing this...
all the ones i called in were approved

2) the email requests I made were a mixed bag of success - the two i did
on the very first day were approved about 24 hours later

the one i sent in a day later was just denied- about 36 hours later

note: i did the email requests as a bit of an experiment for dates
that didn't matter that much to me if they worked

3) the deal was "alive" for at least 48 hours...which is STUNNING to me
i can't believe the rate was not "fixed" quicker!!!

Originally Posted by musikdude
just got several approved for IC century city for several dates in june and july...

used booking.com as the cheaper rate reference

agents were very helpful over the phone...
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Agree calling in is much better. But those calls typically take 30-45 mins or even more - which is not always a viable option
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:57 am

To add an interesting data point: The intercontinental in warsaw bills in euro instead of the polnish zlotys....

1 sucessful claim for a club room.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: available
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
To add an interesting data point: The intercontinental in warsaw bills in euro instead of the polnish zlotys....

1 sucessful claim for a club room.
dito
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Agree calling in is much better. But those calls typically take 30-45 mins or even more - which is not always a viable option
I think they may be getting better, last week I made a claim and it only took 15 mins
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:36 pm

I'm just trying my luck here... looking for BRG opportunity for one night 11/30 @ NYC. Having been following rates fluctuation for a while but nothing comes up (a lot of their properties, like IC Times Square, have been showing unavailable online..).

Haven't claimed any BRG yet in my life (recently discovered this gold mine).. Any clue or tips is greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I think they may be getting better, last week I made a claim and it only took 15 mins
Do you get a reference number or something to confirm the BRG is approved?

Also, I've had a few approved BRGs recently. All the emails say they are working on the best way of adjusting the stays to a Free Night. How long does it take for them to get back to you after? I've waited nearly a month now...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by jazzy88
Do you get a reference number or something to confirm the BRG is approved?

Also, I've had a few approved BRGs recently. All the emails say they are working on the best way of adjusting the stays to a Free Night. How long does it take for them to get back to you after? I've waited nearly a month now...
You can also get the hotel confirmation on the arrival date.
It depends on the hotel. Try writing emails to the BRG Team when the arrival date is coming closer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.