Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:32 pm

Yes! Forgot about this. Happened to me recently as well. It was over for the Expedia BRG.

The agent looked up the Best Western Airport Inn instead of the Best Western Arizonian Inn.

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Also, you may have to talk them though the same search you did. I had a problem once where the hotel was close to 2 towns (both were in the hotel title), and the competing web site only showed the hotel at the lower price on one search, but at the higher price in the other.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Also, you may have to talk them though the same search you did. I had a problem once where the hotel was close to 2 towns (both were in the hotel title), and the competing web site only showed the hotel at the lower price on one search, but at the higher price in the other.
I asked them which browser and what link they used - no answer only screen shot
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:04 pm
Suspended

BRG sreenshots
http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...5d8775a7d.html
http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...37d7d55a6.html

my screenshots
http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...b7a545ec1.html
http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...0c6dac2ae.html
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Of the screen shots posted, they all show the same total price of EUR141??
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:00 pm

The average nightly rate AND the total price must be cheaper on a competing website.

Last edited by traveldealexpert; Feb 21, 2013 at 6:29 pm
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:19 am
Suspended

'I believe that there is a possibility that you’re using Internet Explorer browser since when we used that browser it display only the rate of 141.50 EUR that’s the reason why we further checked the rates using different browsers to be able to verify if the same rate will be shown. However, when we used a different browser there is an average nightly rate that is posted for the same room type which 137.50 EUR.'
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Of the screen shots posted, they all show the same total price of EUR141??
they insist that before you click booking/reservation they see 137,50 EUR
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
I'm delighted - my room at the IC Rome for a night next month is now showing as complimentary, and I have booked the previous night on lastminute.com as a 'secret hotel' which I deduced would be the IC and luckily the guess paid off so have two nights for effectively £140 total! Yay!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by kaell
I have tried all known browsers IE,opera, firefox, chrome, and all of them are showing my price not their
This happened to me once before but I was using an Ipad and they were using Internet Explorer.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:25 am
Suspended

they insist that before you click booking/reservation they see 137,50 EUR
what price do you see

Last edited by kaell; Feb 24, 2013 at 4:54 am
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
If it's IC you are asking about [as on your link there are 31 hotels], I see €141.35.

Firefox 19 on Mac.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: IHG RA, SQ KF, Shang GC, CX
Originally Posted by Rusell
This is when they will try anything to deny the BRG
Well it is a free night, I don't think its unreasonable for them to be a bit rigid with the rules, though I do see where a lot of the posters are coming from... never tried filling for one as I usually travel for business an the office pays for everything.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jms_uk
If it's IC you are asking about [as on your link there are 31 hotels], I see €141.35.

Firefox 19 on Mac.
they insist that its 137,50 not 141,35 euro,how come ;]
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:00 pm

they insist that its 137,50 not 141,35 euro,how come ;]
I also see 141.35 Euros. It is very strange! Did you try calling the IHG Best Price Guarantee desk? Maybe try a different agent..
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
I also see 141.35 Euros. It is very strange! Did you try calling the IHG Best Price Guarantee desk? Maybe try a different agent..
I tried trust me, at least 10 emails:and they said:

''I’ve checked again the competing website to be able to assist you with your concern, I took the opportunity as well to check different browsers like (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome & Internet Explorer) and different computer just to give you accurate information for this case. As verified on different browser there is an average nightly rate that is showing for 137.50 EUR for a Standard King Room at www.xxx.de and it is a higher than the one that you’ve booked on IHG’s website which is 135.15 EUR for 1 KING BED STANDARD ROOM.''
I believe that there is a possibility that you’re using Internet Explorer browser since when we used that browser it display only the rate of 141.50 EUR that’s the reason why we further checked the rates using different browsers to be able to verify if the same rate will be shown. However, when we used a different browser there is an average nightly rate that is posted for the same room type which 137.50 EUR.
There is a possibility that this can be a website or browser’s issue. Please be reminded that our department does not have control over the rates especially if it’s non-refundable. Since each hotel is privately owned and/or operated, each handles all billing information. Rates can change regularly based on supply and demand, hotel availability and currency fluctuations.
Due to this reason we stand firm regarding the verification process that was done and we will not be able to extend the guarantee of this reservation. We are certain that as long as the terms & conditions of the guarantee are met, we keep our promise of providing a free night. However, we do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.''

Last edited by kaell; Feb 24, 2013 at 4:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.