COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since no one really checks what you are submitting, you could files the FR/CH vaccination certificates and be done.
Just an update on this - I did exactly this (but also carried a PCR test report). The Oman Air staff in Muscat went through all the paperwork line-by-line in detail and saw the CH certificate stated that vaccine was administered in Malawi, and cross-checked that Malawi was not in the list of approved countries - so they insisted that I update the Air Suvidha accordingly as well as provide them with a PCR before they would board me.

On arrival in Mumbai though, nobody checked anything.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I'm not sure if they are still doing the 2% testing. I haven't seen any testing centers near the arrival gates on my last few trips.

Even if you are selected for testing, which is highly unlikely, you just give the sample & carry on with your plans. Results won't come for a couple of days.
lento likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Holy cow. They are serious about that 🤦‍♂️

Flying to India via Doha in mid September. Let's hope the PCR test is still available easily in Munich by then.
B747-437B and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:51 pm

Holy cow. They are serious about that 🤦‍♂️

Flying to India via Doha in mid September. Let's hope the PCR test is still available easily in Munich by then.
did IAD-DOH-MAA last week and QR only asked to see Air Suvidha at IAD, no other questions/documents needed.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Because you were probably vaccinated in one of the countries that the GoI demeed worthy. Malawi and Germany are not and you have to show a PCR test report. 🤷‍♂️
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:13 am

Because you were probably vaccinated in one of the countries that the GoI demeed worthy. Malawi and Germany are not and you have to show a PCR test report. 🤷‍♂️
Germany is acceptable as of this week.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:45 am

Indeed. Didn't realize that. Still no Malawi on the list... what happened there? Did you ask the Indian Mission there? I'm sure you are in contact with them...?

https://www.newdelhiairport.in/pdf/L...-02Aug2022.pdf
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:28 pm

Indeed. Didn't realize that. Still no Malawi on the list... what happened there? Did you ask the Indian Mission there? I'm sure you are in contact with them...?
I am constantly harassing them and Dr. Jaishankar on Twitter, but their comment is that the list is determined by MoHFW and not MEA so they cannot do anything. MoHFW probably thinks Malawi and Mali are the same place.

In any case, I've also completed a COWIN set of vaccinations now (more shots, yay!) so for future trips to India I will have that certificate available.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:01 am

Just checking -- WIth respect to Covid..... For current travel to India -- An adult will need the vaccination certificate (from acceptable countries) and the AirSuvidha form?
Thats it right ??

(other than travel docs such as passport/visa, etc).
B747-437B and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:52 am

Yep nothing else.
SamirD and ft4lyf like this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:49 am

Yep nothing else.
THank you!
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Germany is acceptable as of this week.
But Luxembourg still isn't
Special favour of Tata for Mittal (ArcelorMittal HQ is in Luxembourg)?
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
But Luxembourg still isn't
Special favour of Tata for Mittal (ArcelorMittal HQ is in Luxembourg)?
Luxembourg will not recognise Covaxin, so that is the sticking point there.
tom tulpe and SamirD like this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Looks like the hard disk on Air Suvidha has filled up.

Looks like the hard disk on Air Suvidha portal has filled up. I just filled up one last week and it did not ask for the PDF of the proof of COVID vaccination. Just to check the box.

IMO a pointless exercise.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Looks like the hard disk on Air Suvidha portal has filled up. I just filled up one last week and it did not ask for the PDF of the proof of COVID vaccination. Just to check the box.

IMO a pointless exercise.
Yup - I also noted that the download link had been removed (for the PCR-RT test as well) - they obviously couldn't handle the volume...but this is a better option I would think!
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.