Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by LH757
Off-topic but US issued certificates are accepted for travel but not covered in EU DCC gateway.
Yep, just to clarify - I converted US CDC card to Swiss vax proof w/ QR code. Which I then was able to import into the French app and generate a French vax certificate. Underlying data I believe still said vax was done in US. So accepting France but not Germany is a bit silly, as a German could convert their pass into a French one.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The EU digital certificate standard is common to all EU countries and 20+ non EU countries. The apps can read and replicate each other’s codes but the issuing country is always displayed. German rules dictate that only persons eligible for a vaccination in Germany should receive the certificate but pharmacies regularly issue certificates to foreigners asking nicely.

So Indian health officials could take a deeper look at the certificate and spot where you were vaccinated if they want to.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
I filled in a form with vaccination certificate yesterday, but the bar on top is grey (with a V to the right). Do you know what this one means?
A Grey band with a 'V' is for vaccinated individuals, a Blue band with a 'V' and a 'R' is for folks with both a RT-PCR report and vaccination certificate.

I don't know what the color code is for someone that only has a RT-PCR report.
SamirD, sehgalanuj and superboi like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Just arrived this morning on BA metal / AA codeshare ORD-LHR-BLR.. Created Air Suvidha 24hrs before journey WITH US Vaccine certificate and NO RT-PCR.. got grey V on Air Suvida.. BLR on arrival - only collected Air suvidha, stamped BP and business as usual prior to Covid.. out of airport in 20 mins from gate opening
marks88, SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by southiesouth
Curios to hear back what is required... travelling from Canada To India Via Frankfurt next week. All vaccinations are from Canada
done with the travel ! Vaccine very is good enough if coming from Canada
SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: SK, LH
Hi All,
travelling from Ireland to Bangalore via Frankfurt (germany) on Lufthansa.
2 adults - 2 doses + booster
1 child - 2 doses
1 infant - no vaccination.
I am assuming, we have to upload covid cert for 3 of us online. there is nothing else to be done.
no need of pcr or antigen test for 3 of us.
also there is no requirement for the infant who is 15 months old.
also at bangalore airport, there is only random check and nothing else.
is that correct?
thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Yes as of now. Do keep an eye on things if it changes.

Originally Posted by bittihuduga
Hi All,
travelling from Ireland to Bangalore via Frankfurt (germany) on Lufthansa.
2 adults - 2 doses + booster
1 child - 2 doses
1 infant - no vaccination.
I am assuming, we have to upload covid cert for 3 of us online. there is nothing else to be done.
no need of pcr or antigen test for 3 of us.
also there is no requirement for the infant who is 15 months old.
also at bangalore airport, there is only random check and nothing else.
is that correct?
thanks
SamirD and bittihuduga like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Any idea if a test is required when travelling from the UAE back to India ?
This would be for an Indian Passport Holder with both shots of the vaccination done.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:37 am

Finding it impossible to upload Passport and vaccination on air suvidha

The portal keeps REJECTING my uploads saying the file is not permitted due to special characters. Also tried to upload it as PDF with less than 1 MB size. No success yet. can anyone please please help or help me find some professional who can do it. can you imagine I'm NOT able to travel to India because i cannot fill and submit this Air Suvidha form on their website
PLEASE HELP! /\
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Rajesh Sahu
The portal keeps REJECTING my uploads saying the file is not permitted due to special characters.
Have you tried renaming the file so it doesn't have special characters in the file name? The upload is unnecessarily picky, use only small pdf files with alphanumeric file names (no punctuation etc.)
Traveller121 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:40 pm

PCR test for children travelling with fully vaccinated adults

Hi,

Any idea if the children aged 6-11 years are also exempt for a pre-departure RT PCR if they are travelling with fully vaccinated adults? The Guidelines for International Arrivals dtd Feb 10 2022 has not explained this aspect.

Myself and my wife are fully vaccinated but our child age group is not approved for vaccination in the UK. Does this mean we have to especially get a 72 hour pre-departure RT PCR done only for the child?
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by quarryking
Any idea if a test is required when travelling from the UAE back to India ?
This would be for an Indian Passport Holder with both shots of the vaccination done.
Originally Posted by Andy786
Hi,

Any idea if the children aged 6-11 years are also exempt for a pre-departure RT PCR if they are travelling with fully vaccinated adults? The Guidelines for International Arrivals dtd Feb 10 2022 has not explained this aspect.

Myself and my wife are fully vaccinated but our child age group is not approved for vaccination in the UK. Does this mean we have to especially get a 72 hour pre-departure RT PCR done only for the child?
The question is not of if you have been vaccinated but which country you got your final shot. I would recommend the best solution is to go about filling out the Air Suvidha form and it will tell you if your vaccination is enough or you need to get a RT-PCR test done. I filled it out over the weekend and it accepted my vaccination status.

Upon landing in DEL no one asked me for anything. The enforcement is being done by the airline and not by any officials on the ground. It feels things are back to early 2020 with the crowds back at immigration.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
The question is not of if you have been vaccinated but which country you got your final shot. I would recommend the best solution is to go about filling out the Air Suvidha form and it will tell you if your vaccination is enough or you need to get a RT-PCR test done. I filled it out over the weekend and it accepted my vaccination status.

Upon landing in DEL no one asked me for anything. The enforcement is being done by the airline and not by any officials on the ground. It feels things are back to early 2020 with the crowds back at immigration.

Seems you have quoted me but not answered my query as the response looks not relevant to my query 😀
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Andy786
Hi,

Unfortunately your kids have to take a RT-PCR test as the waiver is only for kids 5 and younger. It has nothing to do with the parents being vaccinated.

https://www.newdelhiairport.in/faq

All international arriving passengers have to :

Submit self-declaration form on the Air Suvidha portal

Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey OR

Upload a Certificate of completing full primary vaccination schedule of COVID-19 vaccination.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TravellingMan

Both the shots were taken in India (Covishield)
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.