Reload this Page >

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2022, 6:59 am

United still asks for it in tue travel ready section of the online check-in but the counter agent checking the visa only asked for the Visa and confirmation of an onward ticket.
I had not a single instance where the arrival airport asked to see it this year.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:38 am

Delhi airport random testing

Hello, I have read that 2% of the passengers have to take a random covid test when they arrive to delhi. Is that protocol currently active? After they take you the sample, are you allowed to leave? If so, what happens if you are positive asymptomatic, they will go after you?Thank you!!
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Silru
Hello, I have read that 2% of the passengers have to take a random covid test when they arrive to delhi. Is that protocol currently active? After they take you the sample, are you allowed to leave? If so, what happens if you are positive asymptomatic, they will go after you?Thank you!!
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/pdf/G...tember2022.pdf

a. A sub-section (2% of the total passengers in the flight) shall undergo random postarrival testing at the airport on arrival.
b. Such travellers in each flight shall be identified by the concerned airlines (preferably from different countries). They will submit the samples and shall be allowed to leave the airport.
c. If such travellers are tested positive, their samples should be further sent for genomic testing at INSACOG laboratory network.
d. They shall be treated/isolated as per laid down standard protocol.
​​​​​​​
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
All the testing counters have been removed & I haven't seen or heard anyone being stopped for testing over the last 6 months or so. I'm sure the rule is still in place but not sure how much it is being followed.

Even in the unlikely event that you are stopped, you will be allowed to leave after giving the sample.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:44 am

What is the laid down standard protocol about? If you are tested positive, police will go after you? Imagine that you are asymptomatic and you have to take a train or a flight. Thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
What is the laid down standard protocol about? If you are tested positive, police will go after you? Imagine that you are asymptomatic and you have to take a train or a flight. Thanks
No police will come after you. If you are positive then you are supposed to quarantine. In the past they used to call repeatedly to ask if you are in quarantine. Not sure if they do that anymore.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Aur suvidha is gone!

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/indi...ndtv_topscroll
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Pretty much everything gone
tomcat007, SamirD, ft4lyf and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:28 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LETTERBOY and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just in time for my next trip!
LETTERBOY and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good riddance.

I was dreading having to spend Ł100 per test for my 2 kids in order to get their Covid test done on our way back from London next month. Now there is no requirement to be vaccinated or fill up this complete nonsense of a form.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just for a reference point, I had a lot of family fly in last night & the night before from different parts of the world for a family wedding this week. They flew in from JFK on AA & AI, DXB on EK & 6E, LHR on VS & EWR on UA. The Air Suvidha requirement was in place when all of them departed from their respective origin points.

I had informed everyone traveling that they had to fill up the form so they had done so. This morning at breakfast I asked them all whether the airline asked for the form at check-in. I was told that AA only asked if the form had been filled but didn't bother to check it, while VS asked to see the form. EK, 6E, AI & UA didn't even bother asking. In fact, my uncle who traveled on UA forgot to fill & submit the form so it was never on record.

I'm surprised this went on for so long when pretty much every other country had discarded similar requirements months ago. But then again this is India.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:55 am

IATA Timatic has been updated this morning but with the following text, contrary to the guidance from MoHFW.

This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated. The certificate must be issued in Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chad, Chinese Taipei, Canada, Cayman Isl., Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Eswatini, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong (SAR China), Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea (Rep.), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Dem. Rep., Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova (Rep.), Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Macedonia (Rep.), Norway, Oman, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Rwanda, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Isl., Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, USA, Uruguay, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Virgin Island (British) or Zimbabwe.
This actually has removed some countries (eg. Luxembourg, Uzbekistan) from the list of approved countries for vaccine certificates that was in place as of yesterday.

And of course some other countries remain entirely off the list (yes, I know that in practice nobody is checking but it doesn't help when you are checking in with an interline carrier that doesn't fly to India and they are relying on Timatic for their guidance before they issue you a boarding pass).
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 2:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, an agent on a contract with a ground handling agency in a remorte airport will go by Timatic and may not let you fly.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Great to see all these data points. Wife's work trip moved from Jan to next week so I'll have a data point as well once her company gets the visa in place. They didn't submit it prior to the holiday weekend even though they had the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.