Reload this Page >

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Did someone landed recently in DEL or BOM and saw this 2% random testing still active ?
I know of someone who arrived BOM 2 weeks ago and was pulled aside for testing. (non-Desi)

I have been coming in regularly into BOM and have not been tested, nor have seen anyone pulled aside - they seem very disinterested. (Of course, this will probably jinx me for my next entry! )
SamirD and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Did someone landed recently in DEL or BOM and saw this 2% random testing still active ?
Been in and out of DEL every month this year. There has been no sign of 2% random testing. Things have been as normal as it gets.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
Been in and out of DEL every month this year. There has been no sign of 2% random testing. Things have been as normal as it gets.

There's a distinct disconnect between official communications and reality on the ground.

With a handful of domestic flights scheduled, I was dragged down the rabbit hole of Indigo's online advice to passengers. For my flight between Mumbai and Chennai, it said I required an E-certificate from the Tamil Nadu government. Alarmed, I called the airline's customer support where the patient agent was obviously consulting a similar piece of nonsense, telling me i should get myself PCR tested within 24H of the departure.

Of course no-one was remotely interested my state of health at either BOM check-in or MAA arrivals.

friends suggest that official restrictions and advice have not been rescinded, and the airline is covering its arse. I'm far less generous and blame incompetence.
SamirD and dmarge18 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Landed in DEL a couple of nights ago. No sign of the 2% testing.
SamirD and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There's a distinct disconnect between official communications and reality on the ground.

With a handful of domestic flights scheduled, I was dragged down the rabbit hole of Indigo's online advice to passengers. For my flight between Mumbai and Chennai, it said I required an E-certificate from the Tamil Nadu government. Alarmed, I called the airline's customer support where the patient agent was obviously consulting a similar piece of nonsense, telling me i should get myself PCR tested within 24H of the departure.

Of course no-one was remotely interested my state of health at either BOM check-in or MAA arrivals.

friends suggest that official restrictions and advice have not been rescinded, and the airline is covering its arse. I'm far less generous and blame incompetence.
Airlines were quick to put up the rules but lazy to take them down. Just like your local shop that still has a mask required sign but the owner hasn’t worn a mask in months.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 11:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Rules and Ordinances are not immediately repealed as they may come in handy some day. Prime example is the Bombay Prohibition Act of 1949 that requires you to be older than 25 and have a permit to consume or posses alcohol in MH. Not enforced, but still in place. There used to be MH State office counter in BOM where you could get your permit while you waited for your luggage.
SamirD and Bandicoot like this.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta
Several trips to India since last year and for all the domestic travel within India (6E, UK) I didn't bother with any forms, testing, or other preparations - and nobody once raised any objections or asked for anything covid-related. Traveling BOM-BLR for instance is just like getting on a crowded local bus, absolutely nobody cares about covid any longer, nobody masks, they're practically on top of you, far from any social distancing. Airline employees were definitely NOT asking for any covid forms at all.

No personal experience but haven't heard from my acquaintances of anything different in the states like Tamil Nadu which used to have their own special travel forms for covid.
LETTERBOY and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Bandicoot
No personal experience but haven't heard from my acquaintances of anything different in the states like Tamil Nadu which used to have their own special travel forms for covid.
My mother-in-law just returned home to BLR a few weeks ago. I'll ask her and report back on anything.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Bandicoot
No requirements at all (forms, tests, masks, etc.) when I flew DEL-MAA back in January, same for DEL-COK a couple weeks earlier. I was in Kochi during the big spike in China as the PRC walked away from zero-covid; the Kerala govt announced a mask mandate and literally everyone ignored it. The only masks I saw were Bevco employees, but they didn't care that none of the customers had one.

I saw some healthcare staff talking to passengers on the way to immigration when arriving at DEL this week, but I didn't stick around to find out if they were randomly testing people or doing something else.
LETTERBOY and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by SamirD
My mother-in-law just returned home to BLR a few weeks ago. I'll ask her and report back on anything.
I forgot to update the thread with her answer--no testing at BLR.
dmarge18 and Bandicoot like this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Even the 2% sillyness ends tonight:

Dated the 19th July, 2023
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Guidelines for International Arrivals
(in supersession of guidelines issued on the subject on 10th February, 2023)
Introduction
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has issued ‘Guidelines for International Arrivals’ in context of COVID-19 pandemic and updated the same from time to time. The present guidelines are being revised in light of declining trajectory of COVID-19 cases globally.
Scope
This document provides protocols to be complied by international travellers as well as points of entry (airports, seaports and land border) and shall be valid w.e.f. 20th July, 2023 (00.00 Hrs IST) till further orders.
A.1. Planning for Travel
i. All travellers should preferably be fully vaccinated as per the approved primary schedule of vaccination against COVID-19 in their Country.
A.2. During Travel
ii. In-flight announcement about the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic including precautionary measures to be followed (preferable use of masks and following physical distancing) shall be made in flights/travel and at all points of entry.
iii. Any passenger having symptoms of COVID-19 during travel shall be isolated as per standard protocol i.e. the said passenger should be wearing mask, isolated and segregated from other passengers in flight/travel and shifted to an isolation facility subsequently for follow up treatment.
A.3. On arrival
iv. De-boarding should be done ensuring physical distancing.
v. Thermal screening should be done in respect of all the passengers by the health officials present at the point of entry.
vi. The passengers found to be symptomatic during screening shall be immediately isolated, taken to a designated medical facility as per health protocol (as above).
vii. All travellers should self-monitor their health post arrival also shall report to their nearest health facility or call National helpline number (1075)/ State Helpline Number in case they have any symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.
https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Guideli...thJuly2023.pdf
Attached Images
SamirD, dmarge18 and Bandicoot like this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Even the 2% sillyness ends tonight:
Apparently the thermal screening silliness remains on paper... I don't remember thermal screening done any time at all in the last 18 months or so.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, American Platinum, Singapore KrisFlyer
Air Suvidha / RT PCR

I am arriving in Chennai India on Sunday, September 24th from Tokyo, Japan. Is there a need to get an RT-PCR test and complete the Air Suvidha form? Or has this been decommissioned?

I cannot access the air suvidha portal on the new delhi airport anymore, but Japan is considered a "High risk country" for COVID. I also read that this has been discontinued effective Feb 12 2023.

Can someone please confirm? I need to scramble to get an RT/PCR test if this is needed

Last edited by hdoraisamy; Sep 19, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Old Sep 19, 2023, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hdoraisamy
I also read that this has been discontinued effective Feb 12 2023.

Can someone please confirm? I need to scramble to get an RT/PCR test if this is needed
As of now, all Covid related requirements for India ended on Feb 12, 2023
hdoraisamy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.