COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 12:13 pm

Thanks both.

For some reason I thought I'd read somewhere that the SRF was ti be completed at least 72 hours before boarding.

Just double checked and that isn't the case so will just hang on until I have a seat number at check-in.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Even then, you can put in any seat number...
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Even then, you can put in any seat number...
And if your BP seat number doesn't match that on the entry documentation, what happens?
Potentially an enforced stay in a Indian Government approved isolation center..for a period of time.

There's reasons for entering this information, as a Moderator you should know better.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Seriously... when I came into India in early October I had no clue which of my flights (two LH and one AI) I would eventually come in on. So I filed the paperwork for all three to be sure. On arrival no one checked anything, I could have handed the health official in the airport any of the three health forms I had filled out or the one that was handed to me to be manually filled out aboard AI. If anyone makes a drama because of the seat number you have evry right to point out that you may have been reseated by the airline at checkin. Since you are supposed to fill out the suvida form 72h before departure it is well within reasonable possiblity that the seat may change.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 11:42 am

Seriously... when I came into India in early October I had no clue which of my flights (two LH and one AI) I would eventually come in on. So I filed the paperwork for all three to be sure. On arrival no one checked anything, I could have handed the health official in the airport any of the three health forms I had filled out or the one that was handed to me to be manually filled out aboard AI. If anyone makes a drama because of the seat number you have evry right to point out that you may have been reseated by the airline at checkin. Since you are supposed to fill out the suvida form 72h before departure it is well within reasonable possiblity that the seat may change.
The Suvida form has to be filled out less that 72 hours before departure, not 72 hours before as the PCR test has to be taken in the same time frame ie 72 hours before the flight.

If you were to find out your infected after clearing customs and their track and trace used a fraudulent seat number that you entered...how many innocents would be traced because of some one cheating the system..

In these trying times, always be honest, it helps everyone.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 12:06 am

Well, it helps to read the instructions... the self reporting form needs to be filed 72 h before departure, the exemption form once you have the PCR test result. See below. Both the self reporting and exemption form can be amended. YOu can even either correct the printout of the self reporting form when you land or hand over the manually filled health form they hand out in the aircraft before landing if you want to make sure the contact tracing will work as it should. Of course to assume that anyone in India will do anything with the data your form that you have handed in on arrival is hillarious...

https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-...ted-covid-19-1
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare- Guidelines for International Arrivals( In suppression of guidelines issued on the subject dated 02nd August 2020)

Before Planning for Travel

i. All travellers should submit self-declaration form on the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel or physically after arrival at the respective health counters.

ii. They should also give an undertaking on the portal or otherwiseto Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India, through concerned airlines before they are allowed to undertake the journey that they would abide by the decision of the appropriate government authority to undergofacility / home quarantine/ self-monitoring of their health for 14 days,or as warranted.

iii. Only for compelling reasons/ cases of human distress such as pregnancy, death in family, serious illness and parent(s) with children of the age of 10 years or below, home quarantine may be permitted for 14 days.

iv. If they wish to seek such exemption under para (iii) above, they shall apply to the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before boarding. The decision taken by the government as communicated on the online portal will be final.

v. Travelers may also seek exemption from institutional quarantine by submitting a negative RT-PCR test report. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs priorto undertaking the journey. The test report should be uploaded on the portal for consideration. Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found otherwise. The test report could also be produced upon arrival at the point of entry airport in India.

vi. International passengers arriving without an RT-PCR negative certificate and wishing to seek exemption from institutional quarantine may also avail the facility available at the airports to undergo RT-PCR testing (where such provisions exist)

vii. All such passengers opting for exemption from institutional quarantine as in para (v) & (vi) shall undertake self-monitoring of their health and will be exempted from quarantine.

viii. International passengers arriving without RT-PCR negative certificate and not opting for RT PCR test at airport(if facility is available)/arriving at an airport where testing facility is not available will have to undergo mandatory 7 days institutional quarantine and 7 days home quarantine.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
And if your BP seat number doesn't match that on the entry documentation, what happens?
Potentially an enforced stay in a Indian Government approved isolation center..for a period of time.

There's reasons for entering this information, as a Moderator you should know better.
I entered N/A for the seat number, because I did not have it.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

No one checked my forms upon landing in India. Highly doubt they will cross check your boarding pass seat number with the Air Suvidha form. The main purpose in case they need to do contact tracing later on. In that case they will probably rely on the airline manifest. Fortunately I had an assigned seat number ahead of time.

But why don't you try simply leaving it blank, or putting NA and then submitting?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel

no one is going to pull you up because your seat number does not match the form....you could always change your seat during check-in, upgrade your class of travel or simply not have a seat number when you are submitting the form....the authorities have the updated flight information so they will know what seat was assigned to you in the event they need to track you down....
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
no one is going to pull you up because your seat number does not match the form....you could always change your seat during check-in, upgrade your class of travel or simply not have a seat number when you are submitting the form....the authorities have the updated flight information so they will know what seat was assigned to you in the event they need to track you down....
Well thats great, very useful for future travelers..
Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:14 pm

So just an update,

I sent the BA form for both passengers (on two separate PNRs) on Tuesday.

Completed SRF on Tuesday as well (just put N/A as seat number) and then Exemption Form this morning after a negative test result.

I've had the exemption approved for both passengers.

Problem I have is that I didn't get an acknowledgement of the email from BA. I spoke with them yesterday and they couldn't tell me if they'd received it but did say I wouldn't be able to check in until this was actioned by the team in Mumbai. He told me to send it again and just keep a printout of the sent emails to show the at check-in in case of any problems.

I sent emails for both passengers again yesterday, no acknowledgement again.

This morning both passengers able to check in for MAN-LHR but not LHR-BOM. That just changed now - my father can check in online for the second leg but I can't.

I just spoke with them again over the phone and got told not to worry, I can't check in and many other passengers can't as they need to physically verify my documents at airport but couldn't tell me which ones so let's see what happens tomorrow.

On a side note, spoke with 3 passengers who all flew BOM-LHR on BA this past week and all had to have a negative test done beforehand (apparently airport staff insist it's a BA rule but nothing on their website).
Old Jan 25, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Well, it helps to read the instructions... the self reporting form needs to be filed 72 h before departure, the exemption form once you have the PCR test result. See below. Both the self reporting and exemption form can be amended. YOu can even either correct the printout of the self reporting form when you land or hand over the manually filled health form they hand out in the aircraft before landing if you want to make sure the contact tracing will work as it should. Of course to assume that anyone in India will do anything with the data your form that you have handed in on arrival is hillarious...

https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-...ted-covid-19-1
Are the guidelines per the Nov 5 update still valid, or has anything changed?
I'm looking at a possible short-notice trip around Jan 30 for roughly 1 week, from USA to Vadodara (BDQ). From what I gather, the process would be as follows:

1. Fill out the self-declaration form via newdelhiairport.in (Air Suvidha) portal.
2. Upon getting a negative PCR test, fill out the 'apply for exemption' section via that same portal.
3. This would allow me to transit through Delhi and take a connecting flight to BDQ.

Since I can't get past the first page on that portal without entering all the info (which I don't have yet), can anyone give me the gist of what info will be needed (beyond normal travel details, passport info, etc.)

Does the same portal get used if arriving into another airport (BOM for example)? Strange that the portal is specifically via DEL's website.

Unfortunately connecting via DEL means 18 hours overnight at the airport before the BDQ flight.
My other option would be to fly to BOM, stay with relatives overnight, then take a train the following morning (Shatabdi Express) but don't know the practicalities of that given travel restrictions between Maharashtra and Gujarat.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:17 pm

Can't say what's changed exactly but to answer your question about the portal being used at other airports - it's the same portal used by every airport, just seems to be hosted on DEL website.

You can find a paper version of the SRF here: http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/SE...PASSENGERS.pdf

There was a PDF of the Exemption form too but can't seem to find it online anymore, you'd need to note how you'll be travelling to your home state and driver's details if any, not much else is needed. I have a PDF copy saved if you need it.

Regards to train/road travel between GJ and MH, when I was there in December, they were doing rapid tests on arrivals into MH at train stations and on road checkpoints but spoke with someone there today - that seems to have all been scrapped and no longer any restrictions on travel between the two states by train or car. He travelled between GJ and MH by road on Saturday without any questions, not sure if there's still any restrictions by air though.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by neverenoughmiles
Can't say what's changed exactly but to answer your question about the portal being used at other airports - it's the same portal used by every airport, just seems to be hosted on DEL website.

You can find a paper version of the SRF here: http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/SE...PASSENGERS.pdf

There was a PDF of the Exemption form too but can't seem to find it online anymore, you'd need to note how you'll be travelling to your home state and driver's details if any, not much else is needed. I have a PDF copy saved if you need it.

Regards to train/road travel between GJ and MH, when I was there in December, they were doing rapid tests on arrivals into MH at train stations and on road checkpoints but spoke with someone there today - that seems to have all been scrapped and no longer any restrictions on travel between the two states by train or car. He travelled between GJ and MH by road on Saturday without any questions, not sure if there's still any restrictions by air though.

Hope that helps.
Thank you, that's what I was hoping to learn, that it's just general info needed for the forms.

I was fortunate enough to snag a $650 roundtrip JFK-DEL-BDQ-DEL-EWR earlier this evening, departing this Sunday and returning the following Monday, all on Air India, with only 4 hour layovers in DEL each way, so need to worry about planning train travel etc.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:42 am

How strict are they on the "within 72 hours of travel" rule for the PCR test?

My flight is scheduled to depart from JFK at noon on Sunday, do I need to schedule my PCR test after noon Thursday, or would it be okay to do it in the morning, or for that matter how about if I do it Wednesday afternoon?
I'd like to do it as early as I can to ensure I get the results in hand before travel so I can upload the exemption request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.