Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by neverenoughmiles
Hi guys.

I'm flying MAN-LHR-BOM next week and just been reading these threads to make sure I don't have any issues.

I know many of you have said you've completed the Air Suvidha exemption just a few hours before arrival - is this both the first and second parts?

OP mentions first form needing to be completed >72hrs before departure so could I do that now and upload RT-PCR >24hrs before departure?
Yes I completed both first and second parts at the same time, few hours before departure. I received the exemption approval in 5 minutes. No one asked for it at BOM airport or anywhere else.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:44 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hi guys.

I'm flying MAN-LHR-BOM next week and just been reading these threads to make sure I don't have any issues.

I know many of you have said you've completed the Air Suvidha exemption just a few hours before arrival - is this both the first and second parts?

OP mentions first form needing to be completed >72hrs before departure so could I do that now and upload RT-PCR >24hrs before departure?
Don't push it to the last moment... do the normal health form now, and apply for the exemption as soon as you have the PCR test.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:07 am

My experience on a flight that arrived in Delhi on the 8th
1. Filled out the self declaration form 72 hrs before the flight, printed out the pdf in the confirmation email per the instructions in the mail
2. Filled out the quarantine exemption form ~48 hours before the flight (using a negative RT-PCR test report), received an approval in about 6 hours & printed that out. The quarantine exemption form duplicates every bit of information in the self declaration form.
3. On the flight to India, was told by staff that the online self declaration form was not valid & that it had to be filled out again using a hand written form, did that.
4. On arrival, just after the gate I walked through a 'checkpoint' that looked at my quarantine exemption approval and stamped my boarding pass with a rubber stamp.
5. Passed a second 'checkpoint' that looked at the quarantine exemption again, and put a second (different) rubber stamp on the boarding pass.
6. Did immigration & customs, just the regular passport/visa check & passport stamp
7. After customs passed a third checkpoint that looked at my quarantine exemption approval & boarding pass a third time and told me to stop by the first desk in a series of desks
8. The first desk told me to go to the last desk
9. The last desk told me to go to an adjacent desk
10. The adjacent desk looked at the stamped boarding pass and said 'you are already approved, go away and stop interrupting my tea' or words to that effect.
11. Walked out of the airport.

At no point in this process was the self declaration form (printed out or hand written) checked. Perhaps it's checked if you don't have the quarantine exemption?

The entire process took about 35 minutes from gate to exiting the airport. This included waiting for checked in baggage, clearing immigration & customs, and doing all the covid checkpoints. There weren't that many people at the airport & no lines at immigration or customs when I arrived.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 2:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The procedure with the health and exemption form is upto the state health authorities and it differs from state to state/UT where you arrive. If you have the health and exemption form/confirmatio in hand you basically flow thru the system as you describe. The counters and agents sitting there are meant to handle the cases that only have the manual forms and no exemption.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by GMOChicken
My experience on a flight that arrived in Delhi on the 8th
1. Filled out the self declaration form 72 hrs before the flight, printed out the pdf in the confirmation email per the instructions in the mail
2. Filled out the quarantine exemption form ~48 hours before the flight (using a negative RT-PCR test report), received an approval in about 6 hours & printed that out. The quarantine exemption form duplicates every bit of information in the self declaration form.
3. On the flight to India, was told by staff that the online self declaration form was not valid & that it had to be filled out again using a hand written form, did that.
4. On arrival, just after the gate I walked through a 'checkpoint' that looked at my quarantine exemption approval and stamped my boarding pass with a rubber stamp.
5. Passed a second 'checkpoint' that looked at the quarantine exemption again, and put a second (different) rubber stamp on the boarding pass.
6. Did immigration & customs, just the regular passport/visa check & passport stamp
7. After customs passed a third checkpoint that looked at my quarantine exemption approval & boarding pass a third time and told me to stop by the first desk in a series of desks
8. The first desk told me to go to the last desk
9. The last desk told me to go to an adjacent desk
10. The adjacent desk looked at the stamped boarding pass and said 'you are already approved, go away and stop interrupting my tea' or words to that effect.
11. Walked out of the airport.

At no point in this process was the self declaration form (printed out or hand written) checked. Perhaps it's checked if you don't have the quarantine exemption?

The entire process took about 35 minutes from gate to exiting the airport. This included waiting for checked in baggage, clearing immigration & customs, and doing all the covid checkpoints. There weren't that many people at the airport & no lines at immigration or customs when I arrived.
Wow, almost as "thorough" as the staff in JED then! Good to hear exiting seems to be quicker than usual times though!
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:55 am
Original Poster

@neverenoughmiles: Air Suvidha is a two part form. Fill out the first part now. Then once you have your RT-PCR results, upload them to the second part (Exemption Form). There is no time limit for the second part. I actually uploaded my PCR tests while I was on the airplane, about 4 hours out from BOM.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:38 pm

Thanks for the advice! Will sort the first part of the form out now
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:52 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Bit concerned that the article mentions rail passengers. I'll be in Gujarat and then travelling by car to BOM for my return to UK at the end of Dec. UK doesn't have any testing requirements so I wasn't going to take one but does this sound like I'd need to take one before entering the airport or being allowed to board the UK flight (or at a checkpoint if there's any) if I'm coming from Gujarat?
I have just completed a 3 day trip to Boisar (by car) via BOM. from LHR, this week, so this should help you.

The following was required,
Complete BA form and email 24 hours before travel, see BA website for address this requires PCR test result just put negative if your test result is late. Obviously if positive you will not be flying.

Fill out the online exemption form (https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsu...onal-passenger), this can be done less than 24 hours before flying. The application was acknowledged in about 5 minutes, and confirmation of exemption was received within 4 hours.

The forms that BA give out during the flight for the Indian Health Ministry are out of date and the new version is required, this is given out after the baggage hall.

After exiting the plane, there is a check point to show the Air Suvidha documents, you will need copy of your Negative PCR test..
You will require driver details, car reg and tele number for this form. There are a number of different points where documentation has to be shown depending on your final destination.. This is photographed on your own mobile and must be shown before exiting the terminal.

For returning, no tests required

Quite simple and easier than I expected.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
The following was required,
Complete BA form and email 24 hours before travel, see BA website for address this requires PCR test result just put negative if your test result is late. Obviously if positive you will not be flying.
I'm glad I posted here - I had no idea about the BA form - didn't see it anywhere and nothing on any of the emails I've received so thank you!

I've just found the form and wondering if the reason for travel makes a difference.

I'm a British Citizen with OCI going for 10 days to visit family - not really an emergency.

Should I just choose "Other" as the reason for travel and put down "Visiting Family" or would this be seen as an issue?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:22 am

To be honest there was not too many questions asked either at check in or on arrival.
Just be honest would be my view.
As I did not have my drivers details, a member of the airport staff went and found him outside the terminal, so they are very helpful in that respect.
I would advise to take a hard copy of your boarding pass, as it needs to be shown at the passport control desk on arrival.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 4:17 pm

Does anyone know if a seat number is required to complete the Air Suvidha Self Reporting Form?

The BA website seems to indicate you do but I'm on a Standard Y fare so no seat until 24 hours before.

The form needs to be completed at least 72 hours before as far as I'm aware so I'm not too sure of what do about this?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:56 am

Seat number is required for the self reporting form

The Air Suvidha SRF, needs to be completed, less than 72 hours and not before, I completed mine 20 hours before flying, as my negative test document arrived late.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Seat number is required for the self reporting form

The Air Suvidha SRF, needs to be completed, less than 72 hours and not before, I completed mine 20 hours before flying, as my negative test document arrived late.
From what sgopal2 had posted earlier and the wording on the Air Suvidha website, I thought the first SRF was to be completed at least 72 hours before flying and the second Exemption Form at least 24 hours beforehand?

My issue is that I won't have a seat number til Check-in 24 hours beforehand at the earliest.

Should I just pay and book seats in case?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 7:57 am
Original Poster

@neverenoughmiles: There are TWO parts for Air Suvidha
1) Self Reporting Form (filled anytime before you board your flight - preferably at least 72 hours before)
2) Exemption Form - This form is forwarded to the state government of your final destination. Some states require that all passengers have mandatory 14 day quarantine. So they do not grant exemptions (Kerala, Karnataka, Odisha). So fill this out if your final destination is anyplace except Karnataka, Kerala or Odisha. This can be filled out anytime prior to landing. As I mentioned in my post, I submitted mine about 4 hours prior to landing in BOM. But no body looked at it anyway. They just want to see a screenshot or paper print out of a negative PCR.

If you don't have a seat number, I would suggest to wait until you have it and then fill in the SRF (Part 1). I don't think the form will let you finish until you provide the seat number.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:13 am

From what sgopal2 had posted earlier and the wording on the Air Suvidha website, I thought the first SRF was to be completed at least 72 hours before flying and the second Exemption Form at least 24 hours beforehand?

My issue is that I won't have a seat number til Check-in 24 hours beforehand at the earliest.

Should I just pay and book seats in case?

As your travelling via MAN, this should allow you a few extra hours to get a seat number.
Personally I would not buy a seat, but for your peace of mind you may want to do it.
Its not all that complex as it seems filling these forms out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.