Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India

Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by cricketer
Finally re-booked my cancelled early Jan trip for mid-March. Silly timing, because now I can't reasonably go back again in late April for mango season. Hopefully all this nonsense will have died down and I can fly in and out peacefully. On UA both ways, so definitely not getting that LH F experience I was going to have. Can't win 'em all I suppose.
It's ok, you can get the United Polaris experience that you missed out on
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:36 pm

Finally re-booked my cancelled early Jan trip for mid-March. Silly timing, because now I can't reasonably go back again in late April for mango season. Hopefully all this nonsense will have died down and I can fly in and out peacefully. On UA both ways, so definitely not getting that LH F experience I was going to have. Can't win 'em all I suppose.
On UA both ways you should be able to travel peacefully even if the bubble trouble continues...
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:37 pm

Can you not fly LH?
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:30 am

Did LH cancel your flight or was that your decision?
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Can you please not spam every possible thread with your bubble issue? We have the bubble thread for that...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/indi...llowed-44.html
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Can you please not spam every possible thread with your bubble issue? We have the bubble thread for that...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/indi...llowed-44.html
that thread seemed to be around flying out of India for India based airlines so wasn't sure if that was apt. Also since this topic came up here figured this was appropriate? no worries though
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
It's ok, you can get the United Polaris experience that you missed out on
Lol. I was considering booking via EWR on the outbound for the saner arrival into DEL, but stuck with SFO so that I could get a good Polaris Lounge meal before the flight..

Originally Posted by superboi
On UA both ways you should be able to travel peacefully even if the bubble trouble continues...
Good point. Was in any case not going to risk coming in to India via Europe to be safe. My concern remains the risk of institutional quarantine. Anything else I can somehow live with, though obviously having to home/hotel quarantine for a week defeats a 4-day trip...

Originally Posted by malgudi
Can you not fly LH?
Two issues - first, no more 747-8 out of DEL, so no upgrade chance there (and FRA-SFO is improbably anyway), and secondly, even if I painfully routed via BLR (PNQ-DEL-BLR required for that) for whatever reason there was only a J fare available at 2.5x the Z fare on UA. No way in the world I could justify that.

Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Upthread you'll see that I cancelled my trip in Jan.
malgudi, SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Anyone land at ATQ recently and what their procedure is for arrival testing? How long will the process take? I am considering the direct AI LHR-ATQ flight next month.

Last time I flew into ATQ was on Qatar and from the time I landed, I was out the door in 10 mins, but then again that was before all these testing req's.

Thanks!
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by chanp
Anyone land at ATQ recently and what their procedure is for arrival testing? How long will the process take? I am considering the direct AI LHR-ATQ flight next month.

Last time I flew into ATQ was on Qatar and from the time I landed, I was out the door in 10 mins, but then again that was before all these testing req's.

Thanks!
ATQ had some issues with a shady testing lab last month but those seem to have been resolved.
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by superboi
ATQ had some issues with a shady testing lab last month but those seem to have been resolved.
Thanks for the quick reply, anyone gone through this in the last week or two? How long did it take to get your results back? Where are you waiting for the results, as I recall the last time, the airport was quite small.

Thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
I still wonder how long will India keep its doors shut a.k.a nonsensical rules for ‘at risk’ countries (EU/UK) while in fact these countries are almost getting rid of covid rules as the number of cases has become insignificant for risk calculation definition.

May be IAS babus don’t watch world news as their focus has been on other agendas…

Who is going to visit India for a jolly good holiday with these PCR on arrival, D8 PCR, Home Q and other idiot rules hovering around?

Last edited by LH757; Feb 9, 2022 at 5:02 pm
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
New rules for International Arrivals effective 14th FEB - step towards normalcy restoration..

https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Guideli...bruary2022.pdf
TravellingMan and LH757 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by galaticos
New rules for International Arrivals effective 14th FEB - step towards normalcy restoration..

Fantastic news. Only wish it happened this weekend as I am subjected to all these pre and post tests...
LH757 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:01 am

great news!
LH757 and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:00 am

Summary of these rules:

1. No more on-arrival testing for travellers from at-risk countries.
2. Random testing of 2% will continue.
3. Pre-departure negative RTPCR test not required for fully vaccinated travellers.
LH757, LETTERBOY, SamirD and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.