Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege
Originally Posted by NYCRuss
How has Vistara performed since it launched?
Unsure about their financial performance, but they certainly have one of the lowest averages in India for delays/cancellations etc. Please do keep in mind their fleet is 12 aircraft right now, though expanding every month.

They have also built up a good repuitation for service amongst all the Indian FSCs.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Traveled recently in premium economy. I had the western dish which was vegetables and red sauce while my wife had indian biryani.

The western dish was really tasty and I would choose the same next time also.

Originally Posted by ashishp
From what I have observed, the western style meals on Vistara are not very popular. Vistara are actually catered on a LOWER cost base than AI and 9W. Right now for economy meals AI has the highest CI followed by 9W while its the opposite for Executive/Premiere.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Club Vistara is now offering elite members status benefits on Singapore and Silk Air.

https://www.airvistara.com/trip/club...irline-Partner
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
SQ krisflyer members can also earn on Vistara flights now. Haven't checked if SQ status has benefits on vistara or not.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Pasting what i posted in comments on Ajay's blog:

"While these developments do look good, my overall experience as a Vistara platinum had been dismal so far. Have taken over 20 flights in last 3 months, mostly in premium economy, and food is the only factor that ranks above Jet Airways (emergency exit row which I usually take).

The benefits that exist on paper aren’t actually available. As a plat, I am entitled to waiver on date change fee, but that never happens by default. Any attempt for a date change online require me to pay penalty – have to always get in touch with the call centre and therefore not able to take advantage of lower fares available online. In addition, IT systems at Vistara suck – app stops responding frequently and doesn’t have date change feature. One can’t see future trips in Vistara app.

The customer care too is quite pathetic – seems Vistara has poached some call centre staff from Jet 🙂

Overall, a long way to go for the airline to really cut the muster – personally for me, disappointing till date!"
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tirajat
As a plat, I am entitled to waiver on date change fee, but that never happens by default. Any attempt for a date change online require me to pay penalty – have to always get in touch with the call centre and therefore not able to take advantage of lower fares available online.
AI does this to their elites too, 9W is slightly better in that regard.

But you're right, one'd expect the new kid on the block to be more polished than these legacy carriers and avoid human intervention as far as possible.

Basically given the infancy stage they are in, they should be bending over backwards for their minuscule number of Plats.

I'd suggest to tweet to their COO Sanjeev Kapoor about this, he is quite hands-on.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Is the meet and greet service effective?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by Anish
Is the meet and greet service effective?
It's nothing but a porter service - one guy simply carries your bags to the gates - no fast track baggage screening available if you are flying economy.

I tried out last time while flying out of Delhi, but generally I feel embarrassed having someone drag my stroller. To the porter's credit, he waited almost 1.5 hours outside the lounge since the flight was delayed, and he got tipped well for that
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:55 pm

Well, I probably will, but I'm sure they are well aware of the IT glitches and should already start working on them ideally. Bigger disappointment has actually been call center staff that seems to have ultra low IQ..

Originally Posted by deovrat
I'd suggest to tweet to their COO Sanjeev Kapoor about this, he is quite hands-on.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just experienced pretty poor customer service on vistara & will definitely avoid them in the future....

i usually fly ai on this particular route but they were sold out for the flight today so my firm booked me on vistara....even vistara was sold out in business & premier economy for this particular flight so my secretary just booked me in economy & blocked an aisle seat for me on the 8th row....this morning one of my colleagues found out he had to join me on this trip....he booked his ticket & blocked the other aisle seat on the 8th row....

when we checked in about an hour ago we were assigned 2 middle seats in the 24th & 26th row....i told the agent we had both blocked 8th row aisle seats but he said those were the seats the system assigned us & he could not see in his system that we had blocked any seats....i again informed him that i had & refused to take the seats assigned to me....he kept insisting that we had not blocked the seats but the agent next to him intervened & pointed out to him that we had in fact blocked the seats....he then whispered to her that he could see the blocked seats but they had been given to someone else so he had to tell me they were not in his system....i informed the agent that i heard what he just said & that i wanted to speak with a supervisor....

the supervisor came over & i explained the whole chain of events to her....she then spoke with both of her agents & came back a minute later to inform me that just because i had blocked a particular seat does not mean that i will get it....it is merely a preference & the airline gets to decide who gets what seat during checkin....i told her i traveled enough to know what blocking a seat meant & asked her why the agent had lied to me in the first place....she simply ignored the question & said that a couple of seats in premium economy had opened up at the last minute & she would be willing to offer them to me for an additional inr 3k....not wanting to give the airline another additional rupee, i refused the offer & insisted she either offer me my original seat or give me the premium economy seat for no charge....she finally managed to find a non reclining aisle seat for me & a window seat in the last row for my colleague....since it was almost time for us to board, we took those seats but this is the last time i'm flying this airline....if they cannot offer a simple seat choice, lie about it at checkin & have an unapologetic manager who can't own up to a mistake then i'm happy to not give them any more business in the future....

rant over....
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by Keyser
just experienced pretty poor customer service on vistara & will definitely avoid them in the future....

i usually fly ai on this particular route but they were sold out for the flight today so my firm booked me on vistara....even vistara was sold out in business & premier economy for this particular flight so my secretary just booked me in economy & blocked an aisle seat for me on the 8th row....this morning one of my colleagues found out he had to join me on this trip....he booked his ticket & blocked the other aisle seat on the 8th row....

when we checked in about an hour ago we were assigned 2 middle seats in the 24th & 26th row....i told the agent we had both blocked 8th row aisle seats but he said those were the seats the system assigned us & he could not see in his system that we had blocked any seats....i again informed him that i had & refused to take the seats assigned to me....he kept insisting that we had not blocked the seats but the agent next to him intervened & pointed out to him that we had in fact blocked the seats....he then whispered to her that he could see the blocked seats but they had been given to someone else so he had to tell me they were not in his system....i informed the agent that i heard what he just said & that i wanted to speak with a supervisor....

the supervisor came over & i explained the whole chain of events to her....she then spoke with both of her agents & came back a minute later to inform me that just because i had blocked a particular seat does not mean that i will get it....it is merely a preference & the airline gets to decide who gets what seat during checkin....i told her i traveled enough to know what blocking a seat meant & asked her why the agent had lied to me in the first place....she simply ignored the question & said that a couple of seats in premium economy had opened up at the last minute & she would be willing to offer them to me for an additional inr 3k....not wanting to give the airline another additional rupee, i refused the offer & insisted she either offer me my original seat or give me the premium economy seat for no charge....she finally managed to find a non reclining aisle seat for me & a window seat in the last row for my colleague....since it was almost time for us to board, we took those seats but this is the last time i'm flying this airline....if they cannot offer a simple seat choice, lie about it at checkin & have an unapologetic manager who can't own up to a mistake then i'm happy to not give them any more business in the future....

rant over....
atleast you were not beaten and dragged off the plane for the seat related argument
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by romania2007
atleast you were not beaten and dragged off the plane for the seat related argument
it works the other way around here actually....here our disgusting politicians beat up airline staff with slippers for not giving them a business class seat on an all economy flight....
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:15 pm

Thats pretty unfortunate to hear as I had generally good experiences so far with them.

I think that even if you would not want to fly them again, you might want to send this incident narrative to one of their management team, as the outliers won't be affected until you name and shame them.

Just my two cents..

Last edited by deovrat; Apr 12, 2017 at 10:26 pm
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deovrat
Thats pretty unfortunate to hear as I had generally good experiences so far with them.

I think that even if you would not want to fly them again, you might want to send this incident narrative to one of their management team, as the outliers won't be affected until you name and shame them.

Just my two cents..
i'll be happy to send it along....but who do i send it to????

it is pretty unfortunate because initially i was waiting for them to add more routes & was then planning on shifting all my ai flights this way....i have about a dozen people in my team who report to me & between all of us we end up taking about 1,000 flights a year....we only fly with full service carriers unless we don't have a choice & my team generally flies whichever airline i fly....i guess we will just stick to ai & 9w....
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:56 pm

i'll be happy to send it along....but who do i send it to????
If you use twitter, Sanjiv Kapoor (CSCO) would be the best bet; as he is very active and hands-on.

If you don't use twitter, the CEO can be reached at: pheeteik.yeoh (at) airvistara.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.