FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:30 pm
romania2007

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by Keyser
just experienced pretty poor customer service on vistara & will definitely avoid them in the future....

i usually fly ai on this particular route but they were sold out for the flight today so my firm booked me on vistara....even vistara was sold out in business & premier economy for this particular flight so my secretary just booked me in economy & blocked an aisle seat for me on the 8th row....this morning one of my colleagues found out he had to join me on this trip....he booked his ticket & blocked the other aisle seat on the 8th row....

when we checked in about an hour ago we were assigned 2 middle seats in the 24th & 26th row....i told the agent we had both blocked 8th row aisle seats but he said those were the seats the system assigned us & he could not see in his system that we had blocked any seats....i again informed him that i had & refused to take the seats assigned to me....he kept insisting that we had not blocked the seats but the agent next to him intervened & pointed out to him that we had in fact blocked the seats....he then whispered to her that he could see the blocked seats but they had been given to someone else so he had to tell me they were not in his system....i informed the agent that i heard what he just said & that i wanted to speak with a supervisor....

the supervisor came over & i explained the whole chain of events to her....she then spoke with both of her agents & came back a minute later to inform me that just because i had blocked a particular seat does not mean that i will get it....it is merely a preference & the airline gets to decide who gets what seat during checkin....i told her i traveled enough to know what blocking a seat meant & asked her why the agent had lied to me in the first place....she simply ignored the question & said that a couple of seats in premium economy had opened up at the last minute & she would be willing to offer them to me for an additional inr 3k....not wanting to give the airline another additional rupee, i refused the offer & insisted she either offer me my original seat or give me the premium economy seat for no charge....she finally managed to find a non reclining aisle seat for me & a window seat in the last row for my colleague....since it was almost time for us to board, we took those seats but this is the last time i'm flying this airline....if they cannot offer a simple seat choice, lie about it at checkin & have an unapologetic manager who can't own up to a mistake then i'm happy to not give them any more business in the future....

rant over....
atleast you were not beaten and dragged off the plane for the seat related argument