Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet has (almost!) lost their touch

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I got to admit I do laugh every time I read this thread. My only involvement with jet now is partner redemptions which is once every 6 months or so.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by jasepl
It's the law of averages... Even a JetChild can stumble upon competence on occasion.
Agreed.

A rare occasion, but it does happen...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Jet were renowned for their superior service - no longer so!

For example., have been on a few Jet flights over the last couple of days where there isn't even priority boarding for J pax ........

In airports that have rebuilt their infrastructure (CJB) with a jet bridge, they are too cheap to use them (need to pay for it) ......... they have ancient buses where the elderly struggle to climb the steps of! overcrowd the bus with more pax than they can hold (not invest in a proper shuttle bus either) ........ in brief, quite poor .......... Just a few notches better than Scare India (Air India) .......
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by safari_7
Jet were renowned for their superior service - no longer so!

For example., have been on a few Jet flights over the last couple of days where there isn't even priority boarding for J pax ........

In airports that have rebuilt their infrastructure (CJB) with a jet bridge, they are too cheap to use them (need to pay for it) ......... they have ancient buses where the elderly struggle to climb the steps of! overcrowd the bus with more pax than they can hold (not invest in a proper shuttle bus either) ........ in brief, quite poor .......... Just a few notches better than Scare India (Air India) .......
Yep, been saying it for a while now. I personally don't fly them at all anymore. Only the odd F redemption here or there as I still have Jet miles to burn.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Someone was telling me that domestic flights only get 15kg allowance now? I that right?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Someone was telling me that domestic flights only get 15kg allowance now? I that right?
I try to take a carry-on. Last time I checked in something, they weren't very good with priority luggage ....... Sad!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Officially, yes.

Originally Posted by safari_7
I try to take a carry-on. Last time I checked in something, they weren't very good with priority luggage ....... Sad!
From my limited personal experience, Jet's Priority-Tags rarely work.

Hence, I take the stroller, on board, despite it weighting over the allowance of 7Kgs. The check-in agents are OK with it, until there is no deviation from the excess baggage charges.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Officially, yes.
Officially? Is there a way to get around this?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:09 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Jet Airways, IBM in call centre deal; arrangement to increase revenues

There seems to be a silver lining to the experience on phone:

Jet Airways, IBM in call centre deal; arrangement to increase revenues
Binoy Prabhakar, ET Bureau Jul 4, 2013, 11.25AM IST

NEW DELHI: IT giant IBM will manage the customer call centre, including providing improved analytics capabilities and a 'refreshed' IT infrastructure, for Jet Airways, India's second-largest airline by passengers carried, the two companies announced on Thursday.

Under the 10-year contract, IBM will provide contact centre and back-office services for the airline's 11 lines of business such as domestic and international reservations, Jet Privilege program, cargo, refunds and helpdesk services. The arrangement is an extension of their three-year relationship under which Jet says the IBM helped transform its core IT Infrastructure.

The new arrangement includes implementing an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system to improve services and use of advanced analytics technologies to increase revenue through insights gained while managing the centre. The arrangement will increase revenues by Rs 20 crore and save costs significantly, according to the companies.

Jet's call centre was previously handled by Trans Continental e-Services Pvt Ltd, a group company, which also runs as an independent BPO. Manish Dureja, marketing vice-president, Jet Airways, said the company decided to migrate and consolidate the contact centre under IBM in order to gain scale, get the best resources and talent and competitive advantage and make significant cost savings.

Dureja said Jet needed to arrive at the right time in terms of cost mix to make the transition happen. "While there was an existing arrangement, certain process had to be evaluated before extending the partnership," he said, adding that the entire offering now comes under one umbrella without any disruption and inconvenience to customers.

He said discussions on extending the partnership began nearly one and half years ago. "Talks for the project got concluded in May."

IBM has been providing a host of IT services to Jet, including managing data centre operations, ERP, flight operation, revenue management, roster and crew management, customer relationship information system, aircraft maintenance and operations system, baggage reconciliation system and sales force automation.

Anuj Kumar, GM, IBM India Global Process Services, said what his company is endeavoring to do is two significant tasks - improve revenues and make substantial cost savings.

Kumar said analytical tools have two key planks: one, data analytics in terms of managing data and drawing intelligent conclusions and second, the marketing side, where IBM will deploy tools, including marketing and campaign management tools. The aim is to create a better customer outreach and streamline the quality of services, he said.

Although customers are increasingly booking online, a call centre is significant for an airline. Customers make calls for various activities, including bookings, where they get it ticketed from travel agent, said Dureja. But a growing number of customers are increasingly using the IVR and completing the booking. Many also reschedule flight, check-in, seek flight update and information by the phone, he said.

Besides Jet, IBM has 7-8 airline clients, said Kumar. The aviation industry is an important focus of business, he said.
Source
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:59 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Is it become boring to even complain about Jet antics..?? My mother had a harrowing experience with Jet Staff today at the BLR airport and she ended up missing her flight.. I don't even know if it's worth my time to complain to Jet anymore.. really disappointed.. there is a big part of me that still likes Jet Airways
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by simz
there is a big part of me that still likes Jet Airways
Still?!

(Sorry to hear that your Mom had to suffer though)
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:31 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Still?!

(Sorry to hear that your Mom had to suffer though)
Yeah man.. Still.. after experiencing airlines in US, i don't see how I can criticize Jet anymore.. and plus, there are times that they actually do something nice and I feel like i am misjudging them.. alas..

And it's easier to take a bad experience when it's on yourself.. but when you book your parents on Jet over an Indigo or Spice, it's really frustrating to hear them call and say that they missed their flight because of Jet incompetence.. To cover up, they simply issued her a ticket for next day.. but that doesn't do it.. din ask my mother if she really wanted to fly the next day.. why not the next flight..?? and they tore her boarding pass without even asking her.. that irritates the hell outta me..

Tch tch..
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Yeah man.. Still.. after experiencing airlines in US, i don't see how I can criticize Jet anymore.. and plus, there are times that they actually do something nice and I feel like i am misjudging them.. alas..

And it's easier to take a bad experience when it's on yourself.. but when you book your parents on Jet over an Indigo or Spice, it's really frustrating to hear them call and say that they missed their flight because of Jet incompetence.. To cover up, they simply issued her a ticket for next day.. but that doesn't do it.. din ask my mother if she really wanted to fly the next day.. why not the next flight..?? and they tore her boarding pass without even asking her.. that irritates the hell outta me..

Tch tch..
I guess the better comparable is Indigo or probably Spicejet, and that's where I feel Jet doesn't score any additional points over other airlines in India
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
There seems to be a silver lining to the experience on phone:

Source
Having experienced IBM's service for Airtel customers, I am pretty sure I won't feel the difference. In fact, things are likely to get worse with people blindly following scripts that have no bearing on the conversation you are having.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:16 am

Tch tch..
That's not really a like-to-like compare, is it?

if Jet start flying between New York (oops, JetFaild there) and San Francisco (whoops, JetFaild there too!), what do you think will happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.