Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet has (almost!) lost their touch

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
That's the time that everyone wants to fly home!

Further note that SQ also has 2 flights around those times.

The actual times listed for 9w are 1905 and 2005 hours ex-SIN, starting 1 Nov 2013.
Well, firstly, much as Jet like to think they're SQ, they're not. More SG if anything.

And SQ also have a morning flight to BOM. Jet's DEL and MAA flights are also one morning and one evening, so I don't know what makes BOM so different?

Besides, SQ have a vast network that feeds into the evening flights from across Asia-Pac in addition to the O&D. I don't know what Jet are hoping to attract (that they haven't already). It's certainly not at the home end, where this will become yet another flight that doesn't connect with the domestic network.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:00 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by jasepl
On the other hand, they've just added a second BOM-SIN flight on their favourite aircraft. They will soon be double daily from BOM, DEL and MAA.

Interesting (and somewhat baffling) timings:

dep bom 10h00 and 23h30
dep sin 19h00 and 20h00

The return flights from SIN are just an hour apart.
they are filling the void created by air india, indigo and kingfisher airlines. and rightly so.

no air india flight, even via chennai between 7th september to 6th november.

the flight timings are very similar to qantas's old timings. maybe they are feeding into qantas for australia in response to the air india direct flight.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
they are filling the void created by air india, indigo and kingfisher airlines. and rightly so.

no air india flight, even via chennai between 7th september to 6th november.

the flight timings are very similar to qantas's old timings. maybe they are feeding into qantas for australia in response to the air india direct flight.
Well this flight starts 1 November, do that's barely a week (if indeed AI are resuming on the 6th).

The new BOM-SIN flight does connect very well with the QF departures, so that's good. They only thing I don't get about this is the need to have both SIN-BOM flights so close together. Especially when they've got a country of a billion people at the BOM end and no meaningful connections to offer (which would be possible were this flight timed the way the SIN-DEL and SIN-MAA flights are).
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:11 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
probably there is demand for the qantas feed and o&d traffic is also there. but i believe the qf arrival was much later in the night before into bombay. or probably they are connecting onwards to their europe and abu dhabi flights.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 12:21 am

Fibga finally discovers it's 2013 and launches a mobile app.

Of course, as with everything Fibga, it's a delayed, half-baked rush job (yet supposedly well planned and thought out).

So the most important features (check-in and manage booking) are "coming soon" or say "go to jet.dumb" or "write to us".

Wow.

Oh Fibga.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by jasepl
On the other hand, they've just added a second BOM-SIN flight on their favourite aircraft. They will soon be double daily from BOM, DEL and MAA.
Second flight from MAA started a month back. Leaves MAA at 12 noon, leaves SIN at 20:15.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
How is Jet First Class DEL Sin Del?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rathin100
How is Jet First Class DEL Sin Del?
They don't have a F cabin on this route. You will get a domestic 737
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
another couple of gems that can only come from jet:

1. was looking to book a del-dxb-del business class redemption ticket for my wife....jet wanted 60k miles + inr 25k in taxes....an economy class ticket is for inr 18k & i only need 37k miles to upgrade....plus she will earn back about 3k miles....so its cheaper to book an economy ticket & upgrade than to book an award ticket....

2. the cancellation/refund fee for this ticket is inr 3k....but if you don't show up then the fee is inr 2.5k....why would anyone cancel in this situation????
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
another couple of gems that can only come from jet:

1. was looking to book a del-dxb-del business class redemption ticket for my wife....jet wanted 60k miles + inr 25k in taxes....an economy class ticket is for inr 18k & i only need 37k miles to upgrade....plus she will earn back about 3k miles....so its cheaper to book an economy ticket & upgrade than to book an award ticket....

2. the cancellation/refund fee for this ticket is inr 3k....but if you don't show up then the fee is inr 2.5k....why would anyone cancel in this situation????
Yes this sounds like Jet.....
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:04 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Keyser
After the no-show if you then go to get the refund, they might charge you 5.5k. i.e. 2.5k for the no show + 3k for the refund processing!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
After the no-show if you then go to get the refund, they might charge you 5.5k. i.e. 2.5k for the no show + 3k for the refund processing!
unlikely, since the ticket rules state that a no show has a refund penalty of inr 2.5k, not in addition to the cancellation charge....

i've done this before with jet last year....the no show charge on my international flight was less than the cancellation charge....i found out last minute that i couldn't travel on that date so i simply didn't show up instead of cancelling....got my money back minus the no show penalty....
Old Dec 21, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: 9W Gold, EY Plat
Talking

I know Jetchild is catchy.. But how about JetKidz ? I found this in a flyer on Jet and they've even trademarked it

Last edited by traveller123; Dec 21, 2013 at 12:24 am Reason: Image added
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
JetKidz™ is perfect! See, they're listening to us
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
JetKidz™ is perfect! See, they're listening to us
JetKids was around 15 years ago when I flew 9W as a kid - they would give a nice backpack with the JetKids branding and some games inside to children onboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.