Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet has (almost!) lost their touch

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by ashishp
Latest from JetWorld: had a reservation on 9W 815 to Bangalore leaving at 1215 (orig time). Got three emails changing time of flight from 1215 to 1100, second email 1100 back to 1215 and third email shifting departure to 1400 hours: all times for operational reasons. Flight number was changed from 815 on orig booking to 817. I had noted emails, and resigned myself to the changed timings. but then today i realised i would have to postpone my departure by a day for work reasons.

Found that I couldnt modify my booking online so called them up. Spent 45 frustrating minutes talking to a child with a thick Haryanvi accent on their call center number. Reason I couldnt find the PNR online was my record was locked till I accepted the changed departure timings.

He kept asking me if i "accept the changed timings": question repeated 4 or 5 times. When i asked him what that meant, he finally says that if i accept the revised flight timings, changing the departure date would mean a cost of 2600 rupees. If i didnt accept the revised timings, they could ticket me on an alternate date of choice for free. Guess what option I chose?

speechless!
Yes, unfortunately Jet has spawned *another* Jet call center in Delhi (which they shut down more than 2 or 3 times there in the past), where egos are high and understanding is limited...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jun 3, 2013 at 1:20 am
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Last evening, booked a round trip on S2. Here are my observations:

1. Unlike in the past, the fare published on 9W and S2 websites is the same. They seem to have corrected this since their "Mega-Sale". ^

2. I booked the S2 flights on 9W website, as the miles earned on the S2 website (at booking screen) are roughly one-third of those listed on 9W website.

3. Through-out the booking process (nor after), I was never offered the seat-selection option. It is surprising, considering the fact that, Jet along with its Siamese-twins (S2 & 9wK) expected to shore up ancillary revenue by this means, and they haven't configured their IT systems as yet.

4. When I attempted to OLCI, the website displayed: "Your reservation is in order. However we are unable to complete your check-in formalities. Please proceed for check-in at our airport counter."

5. Despite the inventory pricing being matched, the OLCI function is still not available for S2 operated flights. It is however, available for 9W-Konnect flights of 2xxx series. And last year they said: JetLite & JetKonnect is "same-to-same"..!!

6. Called up 9W to tele-checkin and block a seat. The IVR played the "20 years - Thankyou" message for about 30 secs. Reached the prompt assigned to Domestic/JP Platinum members and I asked the executive to allocate a seat and he mentioned he would have to transfer the call to the "Tele-Checkin" department. Upon transfer, the IVR prompted "Your expected hold time is 18 minutes" That's where I ran out of patience..!!
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Last evening, booked a round trip on S2. Here are my observations:

1. Unlike in the past, the fare published on 9W and S2 websites is the same. They seem to have corrected this since their "Mega-Sale". ^

2. I booked the S2 flights on 9W website, as the miles earned on the S2 website (at booking screen) are roughly one-third of those listed on 9W website.

3. Through-out the booking process (nor after), I was never offered the seat-selection option. It is surprising, considering the fact that, Jet along with its Siamese-twins (S2 & 9wK) expected to shore up ancillary revenue by this means, and they haven't configured their IT systems as yet.

4. When I attempted to OLCI, the website displayed: "Your reservation is in order. However we are unable to complete your check-in formalities. Please proceed for check-in at our airport counter."

5. Despite the inventory pricing being matched, the OLCI function is still not available for S2 operated flights. It is however, available for 9W-Konnect flights of 2xxx series. And last year they said: JetLite & JetKonnect is "same-to-same"..!!

6. Called up 9W to tele-checkin and block a seat. The IVR played the "20 years - Thankyou" message for about 30 secs. Reached the prompt assigned to Domestic/JP Platinum members and I asked the executive to allocate a seat and he mentioned he would have to transfer the call to the "Tele-Checkin" department. Upon transfer, the IVR prompted "Your expected hold time is 18 minutes" That's where I ran out of patience..!!
Same thing we have been encountering - and *worse* at times!
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Same thing we have been encountering - and *worse* at times!
Having flown extensively on IT, GF and 9W, I have never really found Jet to be at par with them. Also from my limited experience with AI/IC, I would rank them higher than Jet, especially on 3 factors- Food, Itinerary Management (OLCI / Seat Selection) & human FA's; compared to Sandweeech, Jet.dumb & Droids who man the cabin.

The new cost-cutting venture Jet seems to have adopted is at the BOM-CSIA T1. T1-B does not have aero-bridge access, nor does Jet offer a Lounge there, they only have a tie-up with Carnations Lounge @ T1-C.

And then, I find it quite surprising when 6E, G8 & SG use the aero-bridges @ T1-C, while not just the JetLite & JetKonnect but also a few mainline 9W flights are deliberately boarded from T1-B.

This really shows their level of misery, when a J-class pax on a JetLite / JetKonnect flight & also the JP Gold / Platinum members are randomly denied the benefits.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:56 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
And then, I find it quite surprising when 6E, G8 & SG use the aero-bridges @ T1-C, while not just the JetLite & JetKonnect but also a few mainline 9W flights are deliberately boarded from T1-B.
i have never seen spice at the aero bridge. its mostly indigo and jet sharing it equally. and sometimes the occasional go air flight.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:45 am

Clearly I was feeling extra masochistic today, because I called the JetTortureCentre.

After the recorded voice was done thanking me ten different times for ten different things (thank you for your business, thank you for blablabla), the system actually started working. I punched in the 1-2-3-4...

Next thing I hear: "High call volumes prevent us from taking your call right now. Please call back later."

And the thing hung up.

Wow.

I tried two more times, a few hours apart. Same deal.

A mot***ef**ng JetMachine hung up on me.

Wow. Wow. There are no words. Except wow.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by jasepl
Clearly I was feeling extra masochistic today, because I called the JetTortureCentre.

After the recorded voice was done thanking me ten different times for ten different things (thank you for your business, thank you for blablabla), the system actually started working. I punched in the 1-2-3-4...

Next thing I hear: "High call volumes prevent us from taking your call right now. Please call back later."

And the thing hung up.

Wow.

That it *too* funny! Just how I feel as well! ^
Old Jun 14, 2013, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by jasepl

And the thing hung up.

Wow.

It seems that they have "JetListed" you, as they know you are "the epitome of success."

On a side note, do try and get in touch with their Twitter handle, the response there is quick.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Ok so this is hilarious! I needed to fly GOI-BLR on short notice last weekend so looked up fares on Jet.com and Cleartrip.

Found the same full service flight (9W499) being sold on a S2 code for about 2k cheaper so I immediately booked the S2 code. Once onboard meal service, etc was obviously the same to everybody.

Effectively, I booked a 9W flight for 2k cheaper and got full service. ONLY with Jet!!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I've been doing that for a long time - it almost always works. Since it is 9W (rather than S2) operated, you can credit to partners as well - you just have to call in.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
It seems that they have "JetListed" you, as they know you are "the epitome of success."

On a side note, do try and get in touch with their Twitter handle, the response there is quick.
Hahahah ! Good one. But hee tweeter vheeter kai aahey ?

I grumbled to a friend who told me to select the "website problem" or "platinum" option - at least that way a human picks up - and then ask to be transferred.

I did that, and it worked. In that the first JetChild said she'd transfer me, put me on hold for just over 10 minutes (even though the recorded voice said six) and then I had the extreme pleasure of speaking to a JetBaboon who could only communicate in JetGibberish. It took him 20 minutes to click the cancel button on his screen.

Oy vey.

I don't want to call Jet. Really, I don't. The only reason I called was because jet.dumb wouldn't let me cancel a straightforward domestic ticket.

They just make it harder to want to fly them, because on top of the inflight service drops, everything around it is such a torture too. Ugh.

Originally Posted by Anish
Effectively, I booked a 9W flight for 2k cheaper and got full service. ONLY with Jet!!
Our profit-free, philo-sophy.... Jetuna Matata !
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Where is exactly JetPoo's offices based?

My jetStatements seem to be coming via Brunei Darrusalam! (I'll post a picture once I locate the envelope).
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by d3vski
Where is exactly JetPoo's offices based?
The Black Hole of Andheri.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I just had a surprisingly good experience dealing with 9W's call center. Competent agent (whoa!) who managed to address my 3 issues in less than 5 minutes. I haven't even seen this kind of knowledge at US or TG, where I usually expect answers to be forthcoming quickly and accurately.

I was left with 25 minutes of free time, since I had expected the experience to be tedious and painful. I wish every other JetAgent was like the guy I just spoke to...
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:45 pm

It's the law of averages... Even a JetChild can stumble upon competence on occasion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.