Search

Jet has (almost!) lost their touch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 8:20 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
+1 ^

(Actually Jet has pathetic 737's running this route, so no First!)

And the last time he was on one of my domestic flights (seat in front of me in Premiere), he hid in the cockpit...
the 737's additional cockpit seat is even more uncomfortable than the economy seats with even less leg room than the worst economy seat you would have ever sat on!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
He has good taste
Calling Emirates tasteful? That's a first!

Then again, it's in comparison to Whorey Jetter, so...
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by jasepl
Supposedly (per an enthusiast who checked) there was availability in J and Y was wide open.

But that's not the point. What sort of message is he sending when, as founder chairman, he is seen flying the competition on the same route where Jet have a flight at similar timings?
Jet sells some flights on Gulf sectors as all economy. So even if J was empty, it may not have been sold.

that said i dont know why lalaji cannot just sit in the empty J section and have the Y meals!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by ashishp
Jet sells some flights on Gulf sectors as all economy. So even if J was empty, it may not have been sold.

that said i dont know why lalaji cannot just sit in the empty J section and have the Y meals!
Of all the Middle East flights, if Dubai is sold as all-economy, then Jet are even more hopeless than we imagined.

And like you said, the J seats are still the same. Everything's the same, except the meal. And it's a three hour flight.

Even if they weren't, he's the founder chairman of the airline. Brilliant message he's sending to employees and customers alike : this airline isn't good enough, so please FlyEmirates.

JetIdiot.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:44 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Emirates offers free limousine pick up and drop. Maybe he wanted that and with jet he wouldn't have got it.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
Emirates offers free limousine pick up and drop. Maybe he wanted that and with jet he wouldn't have got it.
Now that would be silly. Spend 40k for a taxi ride to the airport?
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:24 am

You get lots on Emirates (and a host of other airlines) that you don't get on Jet : limo service, airport lounges, competent crew, redemption opportunities, a consistent product, reasonable connections, premium ground service, localisation...

One can't entirely blame him for choosing to fly the competition. He's just doing what he's asking us to do.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
He's just doing what he's asking us to do.
@:-)
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
You get lots on Emirates (and a host of other airlines) that you don't get on Jet : limo service, airport lounges, competent crew, redemption opportunities, a consistent product, reasonable connections, premium ground service, localisation...
+1 ^
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
the 737's additional cockpit seat is even more uncomfortable than the economy seats with even less leg room than the worst economy seat you would have ever sat on!
Right, but he was trying to get away from us, I'm sure! He's also quite short, apparently, so a bit more comfortable...

(A prominent architect who happened to sit next to me that afternoon and myself would had his ear about the awesome flight we happened to have that morning to DEL on the 77W repositioning there - as well as other matters, so a reason to hide then.

All the more reason to hide nowadays that there is a *lot* more feedback for him! )

Even if they weren't, he's the founder chairman of the airline. Brilliant message he's sending to employees and customers alike : this airline isn't good enough, so please FlyEmirates.

JetIdiot.
+1 again. ^

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Apr 7, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:33 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

(A prominent architect who happened to sit next to me that afternoon and myself would had his ear about the awesome flight we happened to have that morning to DEL on the 77W repositioning there - as well as other matters, so a reason to hide then.
what, you haven't started moving all your business to AI and boycotting jet yet?
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by A2A
what, you haven't started moving all your business to AI and boycotting jet yet?
My (recent) post was describing an incident some time ago.

On another thread I only flew Jet as I had to attempt to use some miles - not very possible with the JP dimwits.

I'm not in bed with them, so I have already moved biz away...
Old May 4, 2013, 6:09 am

So rumour has it that Lalaji choose to fly Emirates between Dubai and Dilly today, instead of taking a JetNasty flight at around the same time.

A clear sign (not that we needed any more) of Jet having lost their touch?

Or maybe Naresh Lalaji tried to redeem his JetPunishment points and the JetChild told him "sorry sir, no availability for the next 330 days, but we're happy to let you use your points to fly a better airline for less money."

Really, if you're going to step out, at least let it be something worth cheating for. EK don't seem to be that much better than Jet - that's like cheating on Mayawati with Jayalalithaaaah. Shows how little Lalaji thinks of his airline.

Jetuna Matata!
Evidently, Lalaji is a habitual offender.

I have in my possession copies of two e-tickets in the name of a certain Goyal, N Mr:
- #1 for DXB-BOM (staff travel ticket, confirmed in J but waitlisted in F, with an annotation "9W Chairman")
- #2 for the same flight, a full-fare walk-up one-way F ticket

Apparently the waitlist on the staff travel fare did not clear, so he bought a walk-up F ticket at the last minute.

And, yes, there was a 9W flight departing 20 minutes later.

Wow.

(Unfortunately I can't share the ticket - don't want to get anyone in trouble)
Old May 7, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
So, the ultimate sign that Jet is losing their touch - Lalaji travelling economy!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...87606934_n.jpg

Picture courtesy Kota Shiva on Facebook!
Old May 7, 2013, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
So, the ultimate sign that Jet is losing their touch - Lalaji travelling economy!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...87606934_n.jpg

Picture courtesy Kota Shiva on Facebook!
I don't believe it - photo op?

Which sector?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.