Search

Jet has (almost!) lost their touch

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 10:22 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
You mean domestically, correct?

I still reiterate that I was able to book non-status and place them in (T>48) bulkheads in Y, but who were subsequently moved, as usual...

What was not "usual" (as a few years ago), was that I was able to seat them in bulkheads - to be clear on this.
+intl wherever possible. my colleague for instance got his seat of choice when travelling with me yesterday. we'd booked the ticket 15 days out and the seat after resvn. no one touched it after that.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by A2A
+intl wherever possible. my colleague for instance got his seat of choice when travelling with me yesterday. we'd booked the ticket 15 days out and the seat after resvn. no one touched it after that.
For clarity, I meant international only with the non-status pax.

(Sorry about omitting that)

Therefore, anyone can get the bulkheads internationally, but they won't keep them...
Old May 21, 2013, 10:30 pm
A2A

For clarity, I meant international only with the non-status pax.

(Sorry about omitting that)

Therefore, anyone can get the bulkheads internationally, but they won't keep them...
this was bulkhead of course, the colleague is a Blue Plus. he took 10C and I took D on a 73H. we checked in with the same seats as well.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by A2A
this was bulkhead of course, the colleague is a Blue Plus. he took 10C and I took D on a 73H. we checked in with the same seats as well.
73H means domestic, right?

Domestic is a whole other matter...and was this in advance of 48 hours?
Old May 21, 2013, 10:40 pm
A2A

73H means domestic, right?

Domestic is a whole other matter...and was this in advance of 48 hours?
73H means international (regional). And this was out of 48 hours. like I wrote above, 15 days out for both of us.
Old May 21, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
73H means international (regional). And this was out of 48 hours. like I wrote above, 15 days out for both of us.
I see 73H on domestic as well...
Old May 22, 2013, 4:24 am
A2A

I see 73H on domestic as well...
regardless, the point is that jet has allowed people on tickets with plat status to pre-reserve seats and not botched it up.
Old May 28, 2013, 3:10 am

Can we change the name of this thread to "Jet Airways has lost it"

Per the latest figures, the April marketshare was:

Indigo : 29,8%
Jet + Konnect : 22,7%
Spice : 19,6%
Air India : 19,2%
Go Air : 8,9%

Wow. From bigger than Indigo to over 7 percentage points behind in a frighteningly short time. And just barely above Spice and Air India.

The other highlight : the worst loadfactor in the country (with possibly the highest costs - a winning combination if ever there were one):

Indigo : 83,8%
Go Air : 79,5%
Air India : 78,9%
Spice : 75%
Konnect / Lite (S2) : 71%
Jet : 69,4%
Old May 28, 2013, 9:29 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by jasepl
Say what?
Old May 28, 2013, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Say what?
Get your mind out of the gutter. I fear though that it's taken up permanent residence there.

Besides, we're talking about Jet, so it's a bit late in the day to worry about that. Don't you remember the bit about her Y-shaped coffin?

Last edited by jasepl; May 28, 2013 at 10:23 am
Old May 28, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Can I add my own experience on a Delhi - Bombay - Delhi fligth in J

1. No lounge in Bombay (biggest surprise since I thought Bombay was the hub for Jet Airways). If you don't want to build a lounge, maybe a voucher or something for a good place to eat

2. No towel service on the breakfast flight. Why would they have it for the lunch flight but not for breakfast?

3. Ran out of glasses on one of the flight. The load on that flight was 5 / 16 and 2 pilots in uniform

4. Meal service just like domestic F in the US. One tray service and thats it.

5. What happened to the fruits for the lunch flight? It was on the menu, just never made it to my tray.

That being said, the crew were exceptional on both flights
Old May 28, 2013, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by aviationp
Can I add my own experience on a Delhi - Bombay - Delhi fligth in J

1. No lounge in Bombay (biggest surprise since I thought Bombay was the hub for Jet Airways). If you don't want to build a lounge, maybe a voucher or something for a good place to eat

2. No towel service on the breakfast flight. Why would they have it for the lunch flight but not for breakfast?

3. Ran out of glasses on one of the flight. The load on that flight was 5 / 16 and 2 pilots in uniform

4. Meal service just like domestic F in the US. One tray service and thats it.

5. What happened to the fruits for the lunch flight? It was on the menu, just never made it to my tray.

That being said, the crew were exceptional on both flights
Towel service should be on *all* domestic flights in biz.

Last sector I flew, the crew dropped a whole bunch of glasses in the galley, as we overheard... (night flight)

Out of the 5, I would think at least 2-3 of them are non-revving Jet staff.

Things are way off track at Jet.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:21 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by jasepl

Per the latest figures, the April marketshare was:

Indigo : 29,8%
Jet + Konnect : 22,7%
Spice : 19,6%
Air India : 19,2%
Go Air : 8,9%

Wow. From bigger than Indigo to over 7 percentage points behind in a frighteningly short time. And just barely above Spice and Air India.

The other highlight : the worst loadfactor in the country (with possibly the highest costs - a winning combination if ever there were one):

Indigo : 83,8%
Go Air : 79,5%
Air India : 78,9%
Spice : 75%
Konnect / Lite (S2) : 71%
Jet : 69,4%
as much as i hate jet, and would like to see their downfall, i disagree with these numbers. i am not saying these numbers are wrong, what i am saying is they are telling a different story. if you notice jet fares lately, they are priced anywhere between 10-20% higher than any other airline over any number of days before a flight. whereas, indigo, spice and go air have no creativity in their fares and price them just 200 rs short of air india most of the time. and amongst themselves fare difference sometimes is just 1 rs.

so this basically means jet is not underselling their seats and even though their load factor is 10% short of the competition, atleaset every seat they are selling is making more money for them. the market share will go down, but then market share has nothing to do with profitability. and an airline would rather have a market share of 5 % and make money than 30% and losing tonnes of money.
Old May 29, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: JP, kingfisher, skywards, Flying returns, mileage plus, aeroplan
Hi SpeedFreak,

I have done some analysis to validate some claims and assumptions on these market share. A lot of smoke screen on what the market share means. In my view if we analyse the numbers which are available on the DGCA website one can make how efficiently the airlines are using their assets ie Aircraft and the reason for market share.

In the airline world market share is dependent upon capacity share which in turns is a derivative of fleet size, kms flown, hours flown, type of aircraft etc. If the airline is running a decent operation then they can have market share higher than capacity share which reflects in demand, loylaty, price etc.

Its an interesting comparison of how numbers stack up for both Indigo and Jet. There can be many ways it can be interpreted. Hence I am not putting a definitive view but leave if for you to make your views.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=0&output=html

I just did Indigo and Jet...came up with this analysis for a friend of mine as he was looking to buy some shares for Jet.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Latest from JetWorld: had a reservation on 9W 815 to Bangalore leaving at 1215 (orig time). Got three emails changing time of flight from 1215 to 1100, second email 1100 back to 1215 and third email shifting departure to 1400 hours: all times for operational reasons. Flight number was changed from 815 on orig booking to 817. I had noted emails, and resigned myself to the changed timings. but then today i realised i would have to postpone my departure by a day for work reasons.

Found that I couldnt modify my booking online so called them up. Spent 45 frustrating minutes talking to a child with a thick Haryanvi accent on their call center number. Reason I couldnt find the PNR online was my record was locked till I accepted the changed departure timings.

He kept asking me if i "accept the changed timings": question repeated 4 or 5 times. When i asked him what that meant, he finally says that if i accept the revised flight timings, changing the departure date would mean a cost of 2600 rupees. If i didnt accept the revised timings, they could ticket me on an alternate date of choice for free. Guess what option I chose?

speechless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.