Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet has (almost!) lost their touch

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:55 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
what is the difference between booking on jetairways or jetkonnect. the price difference for the same flight is that the jetkonnect site is offering fare cheaper by 212 while at the same time offering me 79 miles more compared to booking on jetairways.com. is there anything i lose out on by booking on jet konnect? the fligh is operated by jet airways.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
what is the difference between booking on jetairways or jetkonnect. the price difference for the same flight is that the jetkonnect site is offering fare cheaper by 212 while at the same time offering me 79 miles more compared to booking on jetairways.com. is there anything i lose out on by booking on jet konnect? the fligh is operated by jet airways.
No major differences, no.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
maybe they will operate only business class and use the Y cabin for... something. who knows, it's Jet
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:39 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
I use this all the time. here is what you lose: ability to web check in, and hence ability to gain the 250 web checkin miles. also, you get 75% of the miles by booking via 9wk, instead of the 100% with 9w.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
I use this all the time. here is what you lose: ability to web check in, and hence ability to gain the 250 web checkin miles. also, you get 75% of the miles by booking via 9wk, instead of the 100% with 9w.
^
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:00 pm
Used to be shahadil

Originally Posted by A2A
Quote:

Thanks. But the 9w site says 425 miles while 9wk shows 504 miles. Maybe because the 9w fare is a web special fare?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:54 pm
A2A

Thanks. But the 9w site says 425 miles while 9wk shows 504 miles. Maybe because the 9w fare is a web special fare?
what route are you flying? any route with the 9w code would get you 100% of flown miles, and 9wk code would get you 75% of the miles. I've just done this 2 weeks back with me flying on 9w and my bro on 9wk (same flight)
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:11 am
Used to be shahadil

Originally Posted by A2A
what route are you flying? any route with the 9w code would get you 100% of flown miles, and 9wk code would get you 75% of the miles. I've just done this 2 weeks back with me flying on 9w and my bro on 9wk (same flight)
cok-bom. w class on 9w getting 425 miles. g class on 9wk getting 504 miles.

interesting read
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/jet-a...al-515168.html
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:30 am
A2A

cok-bom. w class on 9w getting 425 miles. g class on 9wk getting 504 miles.
678 on 9w code. 100% miles on all flight classes in 9w regardless of whatever they tell you on the website. plus 250 web check in miles as well
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
Um - not sure if this is the right thread but here goes.
I was scanning revenue as well as award (econ as well as premiere) tix on BOM-BLR and back for November for a wedding i have to attend with Dad - all of a sudden today, prices have shot up, and Y award availability on the full service flights has disappeared with red "N/A" sign instead of "SOLD OUT". What gives!?
They seem to have gone 1 step ahead on the BOM-DXB segment:

I don't really like where this is headed.. especially for blokes like me, who can't book early and also get limited reimbursement from client / company.!!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
Yup - heres a screenshot. WEIRD!
Must be some sort of error. Give them a call and see what they have to say about this as all these flights definitely have seats in Economy available to buy.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:17 am

New York, Kuala Lumpur, San Francisco, Johannesburg, Milan...

And now Bhubaneswar, the latest JetFail.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
This thread has been a fascinating read! How about in the LCC world... is Indigo managing to maintain its standards? How about SpiceJet and Go? Wonder what the impending arrival of Air Asia India will do to the incumbents!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:44 am

On the other hand, they've just added a second BOM-SIN flight on their favourite aircraft. They will soon be double daily from BOM, DEL and MAA.

Interesting (and somewhat baffling) timings:

dep bom 10h00 and 23h30
dep sin 19h00 and 20h00

The return flights from SIN are just an hour apart.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by jasepl
On the other hand, they've just added a second BOM-SIN flight on their favourite aircraft. They will soon be double daily from BOM, DEL and MAA.

Interesting (and somewhat baffling) timings:

dep bom 10h00 and 23h30
dep sin 19h00 and 20h00

The return flights from SIN are just an hour apart.
That's the time that everyone wants to fly home!

Further note that SQ also has 2 flights around those times.

The actual times listed for 9w are 1905 and 2005 hours ex-SIN, starting 1 Nov 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.