Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:49 am
PB2

Does anyone know if there is a la carte dining in the T4S iberia lounge? Certainly not in the T4 lounge and I’ve never seen it personally in the T4S lounge. The oneworld lounge directory, and iberia.com do seem to claim so however? If so - is it Emerald equivalent pax only or all? Thanks

see bottom of this page:

https://www.iberia.com/es/iberia-mad...ges/velazquez/
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by PB2
Does anyone know if there is a la carte dining in the T4S iberia lounge? Certainly not in the T4 lounge and I’ve never seen it personally in the T4S lounge. The oneworld lounge directory, and iberia.com do seem to claim so however? If so - is it Emerald equivalent pax only or all? Thanks

see bottom of this page:

Yes, i dined there last month. Turn left from the entrance and go all the way to the end, the dining room is around the corner. Was flying in J, so not sure if/what status level is accepted.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PB2

see bottom of this page:

There is a “proper” dining room in T4S which allows pre flight dining in the evenings and I think it may involve a la carte but I think it’s only available to certain (full) fare pax.

it’s at the far end of the lounge so going in turn left, go all the way and at the end you have one of the two buffets, then turn left again in the small further corridor and then left again (ie away from the window) is the dining room. It’s cordoned off during the day and then they ask you to wait to be sat when they open in the evening. Again I “think” it involves a la carte but aren’t sure as I always try to avoid those late overnight flights anyway.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:57 am
PB2

Super, thanks both.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I've used it on an avios ticket but yeah, IIRC it only opens at 21h or something like that (pretty standard Spanish dinner starting time) and is basically for the massive bloc of flights leaving to Latin America around midnight. I believe it's ŕ la carte, but 'la carte' is pretty limited. Basically a standard Spanish menu experience where you get just a couple options.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 11:41 am

Here is the restaurant menu for November 27th:

Cannot attest to the quality as I decided not to dine but I was greeted nicely.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:12 pm

Hello & happy new year ...

I am thinking of flying BER to AGP via MAD. Iberia is offering MAD-AGP as a rail segment. I was wondering, if the train boarding pass gives me access to Iberia Lounge at the airport before heading to the train station. Is anyone aware of that constellation?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:13 am

Hello all. Just wanted to double check:

flying into MAD on Cathay Pacific business arriving at 4S.

4 hours later, flying to Tenerife (on a separate ticket) on Iberia Express in economy (from T4).

would I be able to access the “Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí” located in T4 departures?

many thanks in advance
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:28 am
PB2

By all means ask - but my guess is you would perhaps get access to the arrivals lounge in light of a Cathay LH business arrival? But for departure lounge access on a separate ticket (in particular) you would need status in absence of a business ticket?

I’m writing this from the iberia MAD T4 Schengen lounge - a wonderful business lounge. Food by do&co - menu has been refreshed recently.

Currently enjoying a beautiful Ribera del Duero red wine - and I checked my photos - the same wine I was served in a BA First class cabin on the 747, en route Dubai in 2020 (pre covid). Not sure if that says more about BA than iberia but nice either way! (Rolland Galarreta, Merlot-Tempranillo)
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:04 pm

Maybe I'm out of touch, but is the arrivals lounge at -1 level in T4 closed or no longer available for IB J passengers ?

Last edited by theplayer; Jan 28, 2023 at 2:22 pm
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:13 pm
PB2

I had a search after posting and couldn’t find anything current - perhaps it never returned after covid or is only for iberia+ elites - ie. Not a “oneworld” lounge. Sorry don’t have anything concrete - I recall reading that it was often poorly signed and almost a bit of secret.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by PB2
I had a search after posting and couldn’t find anything current - perhaps it never returned after covid or is only for iberia+ elites - ie. Not a “oneworld” lounge. Sorry don’t have anything concrete - I recall reading that it was often poorly signed and almost a bit of secret.
right, we used it often as flights from US to Mad arrive early and connecting flight usually 3-4 hours later. Nice little hide out from the masses. Anyone know if still available to IB J passengers?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by PB2
By all means ask - but my guess is you would perhaps get access to the arrivals lounge in light of a Cathay LH business arrival? But for departure lounge access on a separate ticket (in particular) you would need status in absence of a business ticket?

I’m writing this from the iberia MAD T4 Schengen lounge - a wonderful business lounge. Food by do&co - menu has been refreshed recently.

Currently enjoying a beautiful Ribera del Duero red wine - and I checked my photos - the same wine I was served in a BA First class cabin on the 747, en route Dubai in 2020 (pre covid). Not sure if that says more about BA than iberia but nice either way! (Rolland Galarreta, Merlot-Tempranillo)
thanks for the reply. I was asking due to the following statement on the one world website

“Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight”.

it does sound like I could get access to Dali Lounge but just wanted to check if anyone else had tried this in a real life scenario

- Long haul to Madrid on CX in business (arrive in 4S)

- 4 hours later on a separate booking in economy: Iberia Express to Tenerife (T4)

thanks
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:42 am
PB2

I think that has to be on same ticket but perhaps someone has real world experience? Good luck
Old Jan 29, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by twonga
thanks for the reply. I was asking due to the following statement on the one world website

“Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight”.

it does sound like I could get access to Dali Lounge but just wanted to check if anyone else had tried this in a real life scenario

- Long haul to Madrid on CX in business (arrive in 4S)

- 4 hours later on a separate booking in economy: Iberia Express to Tenerife (T4)

thanks
Correct. When I had no status a while ago I did it many times upon arrival at MAD on a long-haul IB flight in J and connecting to a short-haul IB flight in Y, and I'm pretty sure that the same rule applies if arriving on any oneworld flight and connecting to another oneworld flight. You'll need to show both the business class BP from the CX flight and the Y BP for the upcoming IB flight at the lounge entrance.

I was on separate tickets BTW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.