Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Iberia lounges at MAD Madrid-Barajas (T4/T4S)

Note: Signed in members with 90 days and 90 posts on FlyerTalk can edit/update Wikiposts. Feel free to update this Wikipost.

Departure lounges
Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí
Located in T4 immediately after security at Level 2, if departing or connecting to Schengen, IB operated London bound flights (A330/A350 excluded) or domestic flights: it is a decent lounge with free food, drinks and showers. Open 06:00 to 23:00.

Related discussion: Iberia Dali Madrid lounge experience

Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Open daily 06:00 to 01:00

Located in T4S (Zone "S") at Level 1 at the edge of the duty free store. Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen and long haul flights; self-serve food, drinks, wine bar (Rincón del vino), restaurant w/ limited hours, targeted to departing intercontinental overnight Iberia flyers.

Lunch buffet 14:00 – 16:30, Dinner 21:00 onwards, Bistro 21:00 - 00:30

When you exit the lounge and make your way to your departure gate, veer left through the duty free store. You can use Starbucks as a visual cue. If you veer right, you will end up in a cul-de-sac.

Arrivals lounge
Sala de Llegadas
Located in the main T4 arrivals hall at level -1. The lounge is equipped with showers and a breakfast room.

This is not a oneworld lounge. Access is provided free of charge to business class passengers who have arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more that 4 hours. Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold, and Singular members may also use the lounge provided they have also arrived on an Iberia operated flight of more than 4 hours. Paid entrance is also available

Lounge hopping
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.
Print Wikipost

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6501
Iberia would like to disagree with that...
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Huh? I can't remember ever seeing that. I'm going through in a couple weeks, I'll take a good look.
This thread is veering well OT.

But it's fairly obvious that there must be a way for international --> Schengen transfer passengers to get to M gates without having to go all the way to T4 and back. It's just that we might have never paid any attention...

(and of course, somebody wanting to use a lounge between flights actually DOES need to go to Dali in T4...)
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
This thread is veering well OT.

But it's fairly obvious that there must be a way for international --> Schengen transfer passengers to get to M gates without having to go all the way to T4 and back. It's just that we might have never paid any attention...

(and of course, somebody wanting to use a lounge between flights actually DOES need to go to Dali in T4...)
To bring it back to the main topic....I'm not actually sure that one would need to go to Dalí in that case. If you can get through the pre-passport security you definitely wouldn't. It's fairly easy to get back into the arrival streams from T4S as there's a one-way door that takes you back upstairs.

Now I'm wondering if the M security would be by the downstairs passport control used for hard stands and there's some weird way to get there that nobody ever uses. Seems to be indicated that way on the official AENA map. Now I'm just really curious to find it.

Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You would then have to:

1. clear T4S transfer security to go to Velazquez
2. hope that the Velazquez lounge dragon doesn't say "you don't belong here"
3. find your way to arrivals, clear passport control and then do transfer security again for M gates (as you would have mixed with arriving pax)
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You would then have to:

1. clear T4S transfer security to go to Velazquez
2. hope that the Velazquez lounge dragon doesn't say "you don't belong here"
3. find your way to arrivals, clear passport control and then do transfer security again for M gates (as you would have mixed with arriving pax)
Yeah, But personally I probably would and avoid the train. The "find your way to arrivals" part is extremely easy. I've done after I realized I forgot something at main security before. It's just a door you walk through that takes you upstairs to the arrivals stream.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Hi,

A question related to the IB lounge access at MAD, if having a codeshare flight with LATAM (LA operated flight, but IB flight number IB7xxx)? This is not very clearly indicated anywhere. Would be an OWE traveling in Y.
Looking for rt. flights HEL-SCL, and this kind of flights pop-up, but I am afraid there will be some downsides if I book this kind of flights...upside being 50% price compared to full IB itinerary.

Thanks,
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Hessu
Hi,

A question related to the IB lounge access at MAD, if having a codeshare flight with LATAM (LA operated flight, but IB flight number IB7xxx)? This is not very clearly indicated anywhere. Would be an OWE traveling in Y.
Looking for rt. flights HEL-SCL, and this kind of flights pop-up, but I am afraid there will be some downsides if I book this kind of flights...upside being 50% price compared to full IB itinerary.

Thanks,
IB marketed-LA operated gives you access to the Velazquez lounge with IB Plus Oro and above. For other OWE, a strict reading of the rules seems to require a OW operated and marketed flight. I’d still try it, the 50% savings on the ticket outweighs the possible
lack of a lounge.

Latam uses the same lounge BTW.
Hessu likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:52 am

Note that the Neptuno lounge is pretty nice, too and you can buy access online ahead of time or they accept PP or pretty much all the other lounge schemes.
Hessu likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hessu
Hi,

Thanks,
If you had IB+ status, you would get into the lounge. But to use Oneworld status, the operating airline must also be Oneworld.

Note that you will struggle to earn miles with any ffp other than IB+ for the same reason.
Hessu likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by ubiest
IB marketed-LA operated gives you access to the Velazquez lounge with IB Plus Oro and above. For other OWE, a strict reading of the rules seems to require a OW operated and marketed flight. I’d still try it, the 50% savings on the ticket outweighs the possible
lack of a lounge.

Thanks for the reply...it was actually those OW rules which I red before posting, and made me wonder if the situation really is like that.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by ubiest
lack of a lounge.

Duplicate reply...sorry.

Last edited by Hessu; Oct 6, 2022 at 5:25 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:45 pm

So I don't know where else to really put this but I went through today but it does, in fact seem perfectly possible to hit the Velázquez (or Neptuno) lounge for an Int-Schengen transfer within T4S without having to go to T4 main at all so long as you can get through the international transfer security.

Just remember you'll have to do security twice but I would personally do that in that case.

csycsycsy likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:45 am

Hello.

Quick question: will there be staff in the MAD Dali lounge who could help me with my ticket on IB? I'm currently looking at at a 7 hour layover on the way to SVQ, but there's an earlier flight I'd love to switch to if possible. Would be wonderful to avoid what I presume are long lines at the customer service desk (I'll be arriving from US, so won't - hopefully - be exiting to ticketing).

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by AAPHL
Hello.

Quick question: will there be staff in the MAD Dali lounge who could help me with my ticket on IB? I'm currently looking at at a 7 hour layover on the way to SVQ, but there's an earlier flight I'd love to switch to if possible. Would be wonderful to avoid what I presume are long lines at the customer service desk (I'll be arriving from US, so won't - hopefully - be exiting to ticketing).

Thanks!
The desk staff at the lounge entrance should be able to help. Two months ago I needed help with an upgrade to J on a MAD-MIA which I'd paid for online but hadn't been processed due to a system error, and the staff at the Velazquez entrance were able to grab the last available J seat for me and reissue my boarding pass.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:56 pm

I'm planning on flying AA JFK-MAD is there an arrival lounge at MAD I can use as a AA Plat Pro (OWE)?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:01 am

Appears IB no longer has any relationship with them. You can look up "Air Showers Madrid" but sems like their website isn't allowing any reservations either. Might try to email or call to see how much it is to enter, but at that point probably best to see if you can get an early check-in at your hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.